News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThunderCat8

Member Name: ThunderCat8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Movie Version of Any Musical  Apr 19 2006, 05:19:22 PM
Ragtime! Oh my god, it would be orgasmic if they made a ragtime film!

Miss Saigon! I always thought this was a very movie-esque musical anyway. Would transfer seamlessly to film. Do it do it!

re: Tanz der vampire. Where is it now?  Apr 19 2006, 10:52:45 AM
Damn, I'll miss it in Berlin. Any other musicals in Germany at the moment? Can't believe it's going to Japan, that's going to be different!! Good luck to them, I hope it does well.
Tanz der vampire. Where is it now?  Apr 19 2006, 07:33:20 AM
I am going travelling round Europe this summer, and will be hitting Germany. I would like to see Tanz der Vampire, but I don't know where it is. I have tried searching on Google, but don't speak German so don't understand the website! I am also going to Austria and Switzerland, so if it is there either, I will be happy! I'm sure I heard it is in Poland but I can't find any information about that, and plus, I'm not going to Poland!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

re: Your Favorite Musical Song Where Somebody Dies?  Apr 17 2006, 06:36:46 AM
I like This is the Hour from Miss Saigon. Wow!
re: Mulan?  Apr 16 2006, 03:28:39 PM
Oooh yes. Mulan on stage would be fabulous! Like someone said, if it incorporated Chinese theatrical style and had acrobatics etc, it would be brilliant. I would love to see it, but highly doubt it will ever happen. Alas
re: Best Dance Number in a Musical  Apr 15 2006, 09:08:07 AM
I liked Electricity from Billy Elliot. Those boys can dance!

In Mary Poppins, the chim chim chimney dance was amazing. And Bert going upside down tapping was incredible!

re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard  Apr 11 2006, 01:12:27 PM
Without doubt, the most beautiful score I have EVER heard is Kristina Fran Duvemala. It leaves me breathless, I just adore it! It will probably not do too well on broadway as it is an 80s style epic (á la Les Mis, Miss Saigon), but it is so wonderful I hope it does succeed.

Second best is Ragtime, and third is Light in the Piazza.

re: Looking for a musical flop.....  Apr 10 2006, 06:04:30 AM
How bout Dance of the Vampires? That was a massive flop.
re: Miss Saigon Movie rumors??  Mar 21 2006, 04:09:10 AM
Ooooh, I really hope this is true! I always thought Miss Saigon would be just perfect as a film. And if Zhang Ziyi can sing(which I doubt, unless it's Peking Opera style!), she'd be a PERFECT kim. Well, except she's Chinese playing a Vietnamese...remember all the contraversy with her playing a Japanese... Perhaps the producers should just go to Vietnam and audition for a new Kim.

Ragtime as a movie would just be the most amazing thing ever! I never got to see the musical, but ADORE the

re: Avenue Q London  Mar 16 2006, 04:34:08 AM
I have been wondering this question myself. There is a Job in the bible who is being tested by God, but I highly doubt it's the same character. I reckon it's just the name of the superintendent, nothing else. There is no-one famous called Job in Britain.

I have got front row tickets (jst £11.50 each!!!) for June 8th, I can't wait!!!

re: Miss Saigon...  Mar 11 2006, 02:01:09 PM
Just incase it hasn't been shown already, there is a small Miss Saigon trailer here http://www.the-mayflower.com/event.asp?show=SAIG06&info=video well, small is a bit of a lie. It's 20 something MB! It is the current tour in the UK, which I'm seeing in a couple of weeks (can't wait!)

Enjoy!

edit: Haha, someone beat me to showing you all this link!

re: Miss Saigon...  Mar 6 2006, 06:29:14 PM
Every so often a song from Miss saigon will come on my playlist, and it's always a joy. In fact, on March 30th I will be seeing Miss Saigon as it's currently on tour in the UK. I can't wait! Love it!
Musicals in Europe this summer?  Mar 6 2006, 04:52:23 PM
Dear all

I am doing a month travelling round mainland Europe this summer, hitting places like Germany, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Austria and so on. I would LOVE to see some musicals in these countries, but don't know where to find such information. Does anyone know of a good place to find out what's playing in Europe this summer? I'd love to see Tanz der Vampire for example, and I think it's in Hamburg, but the website is entirely in German, an

re: Songs that show off MALE's range (but not outdone)  Mar 5 2006, 11:44:54 AM
I have a range of G2 to F#4 - any of these recommended songs fit that range? I often find with most songs I try and sing go above my top note and require power, something I can't do. Prime example being Make them hear you. One of my favourite songs, but goes up to a G and I just can't hit that! Broadway singers have annoyingly huge ranges! Damn you all for being good!
re: What happens during preview shows?  Mar 5 2006, 11:41:53 AM
Excellent, thanks guys! I am seeing Wicked on Monday 18th, I am so excited! I will also be getting Avenue Q tickets when they start booking next week, fingers crossed for half price previews! Us students need some entertainment for cheap!
re: Wicked UK Site Up! *new stuff*  Mar 5 2006, 10:27:47 AM
What the? That Ragtime poster is terrible! Looks like a 10yr old made it on MS Paint. Nasty!
What happens during preview shows?  Mar 5 2006, 07:57:07 AM
I just bought tickets for Wicked in London. I am seeing it during the previews, what I want to know is: What actually happens during a preview show that is different from a normal night? It is cheaper...why? Will I be seeing the understudies? Will the show stop and start every so often? Will there be parts cut? I am confused as to what a preview actually is! Any light shed will be appreciated!

Thanks!

re: Broadway Idol?  Mar 3 2006, 07:05:22 PM
We did this a few years ago in the UK, it was called Musicality. And the people who won got parts in Chicago. It was amazing, easily the best programme on TV. Before that, we had Operatunity, finding some undiscovered Opera talent. That also rocked! I do like American Idol (or the UK equivalent The X Factor) but I find the lacklustre songs and singing boring now. I want to hear some amazing Broadway style talent, that's the best afterall!

Ps, Chris to win American Idol!!

re: Kristina Fran Duvemala - On Broadway?  Feb 27 2006, 06:27:23 PM
If I lived in the USA I'd definitely come to Minnesota to see the show, but I'm from the UK unfortunately! Helen Sjoholm is one of my favourite singers of all time. Her voice is so pure and amazing. Love her!

I hope we hear that Kristina will open soon, I want to hear the score in English! And of course see the show :)

re: Choose Your Three Favorite Composers!  Feb 27 2006, 11:39:02 AM
Jason Robert Brown
Jonathan Larson
Boublil & Schonberg

With Sondheim making up my other third place!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You