News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mcdjustin

Member Name: mcdjustin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Nom Predictions
 May 1 2012, 03:40:30 AM
If kara lindsay gets nominated Im going to rip my ears out. worst.singer.ever.
Rant about the 2012 TONY nominations here
 Apr 30 2012, 09:21:38 PM
competition is tough this round! especially with spider-man, DANG. it only had a million previews.
Rant about the 2012 TONY nominations here
 Apr 30 2012, 09:09:00 PM
blaxx is guhguhguhgay.

top 3 to win (in my opinion)

for best musical:
spiderman
leap of faith
newsies

best revival:
evita
porgy and bess
godspell

best actor:
jeremy jordan
jeremy jordan
jeremy jordan

best actress:
Bernadette Peters - follies
audra mcdonald - porgy and bess
anyone but kara lindsay

Gay actors and thespian queen stories
 Apr 17 2012, 06:06:07 PM
Lea michele and hot tea in face... must hear about this!
Gay/straight actors and thespian queen stories
 Apr 17 2012, 06:00:12 PM
If there isn't a thread for this already, there should be. I'll start off.

Thespian queens:
One of my friends decided to go on vocal rest and pour honey and lemon down their throat. During this week she also refused to talk to me over the phone.

I was at an audition for sweeney todd and I don't know what this guy was trying to belt, but it was COMPLETELY flat and you could also tell how nervous he was. As he was passing the green room everyone was telling him how

Hear the ENTIRE Newsies Cast Album on WNYC Radio
 Apr 2 2012, 09:39:18 PM
Wow. I thought it couldn't get worse than Lea.

Kara Lindsay squeeks when she belts into a note. and her voice is hella annoying!

Homoeroticism in NEWSIES
 Mar 27 2012, 06:46:02 PM
You're thinking of backstage passes. and yes, "backstage" is boy-code.

I would scream like a little fan girl if I had one of those.

Smash - Series Discussion
 Mar 27 2012, 06:19:07 PM
last night's episode was disappointing. fans are going to stop anticipating monday nights if ivy is no longer Marilyn. in my opinion, she's the most interesting character.
HUNGER GAMES coming to Broadway?
 Mar 25 2012, 01:21:44 AM
I actually just made a joke about that on facebook hyperbole, about lea michelle as katniss -shudders- I would cry

hunter parrish as peter <33

New Poll: Which Current Broadway Representation of 'Jesus' is Your Favorite?
 Mar 25 2012, 12:57:43 AM
childrenwilllisten

Haha I agree. It's so corny. I guess I can't say I never laughed when I watched it, it's just the songs... I can hardly listen to them, all the actors sound like the have no balls when they are singing. (this is coming from a tenor)

HUNGER GAMES coming to Broadway?
 Mar 25 2012, 12:50:00 AM
in my opinion, broadway needs to stay faaaaaar away from hunger games. it was the best movie ive ever seen. and jonathan groff should NOT play that role it should be hunter parrish.
Adam lambert - ex broadway fiyero
 Mar 23 2012, 06:37:16 PM
@gaveston2

Oh, well thanks for enlightening me. I thought they were the same thing.

I just figured since he's a talented performer and all, his music would be just as great.

Mar 23 2012, 06:32:26 PM
Wicked, he was hired as the understudy for the role of Fiyero in addition to being an ensemble member in the first national touring production of the musical from 2005, and the Los Angeles production from 2007

you can find it on youtube

Mar 23 2012, 06:26:15 PM
so apparently adam lambert's second album came out on march 18th but I haven't seen anything on youtube.

I just got to say, I think adam lambert has SOO much talent, and his range is unearthly. aka Wicked and American Idol. but I feel like he threw it all away in his first album.

seriously, what is this crap?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmXQFwlD7vk
yeah, we could totally feel what you're talking about adam... not.

I mean seriously, this is why Adele walked away with 6 grammys, because she is the ONLY contemporary artist that composes music we can relate to. seriously, sometimes, actually alot of the time, when I'm listening to the radio I ask myself "How the hell did this song make it on the radio?" and another thing I would like to add, most of the artists on the radio aren't even singing, they are just talking!

I do like a few songs from his first album. especially
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd1cI5Lqv8E&feature=related
which I think should have gotten more attention.

I've listened to a few previews of songs in his second album and they sound crappy. "better than I know myself" is alright.

if anyone wants to see for themselves on youtube, the new album is called "trespassing"

Best Cast Recordings of All Time?
 Mar 22 2012, 05:49:55 PM
I think the west side story revival soundtrack sounds pretty good.

specificlly, I like
"Touch me" and "guilty ones" from spring awakening
"Colors of the wind" pochohonos
"Aquarius" (revival) hair
"Baltimore Crabs" hairspray
"The way back" Jekyll and hyde (AMAZING)
"Gesthesmane" jesus christ superstar
"bring him home" les miserables (gary morris)

everything michael crawford sings in the london cast recording of phantom of the opera is WAY better tha

Mar 22 2012, 05:06:11 PM
"But speaking of Hilty, I couldn't believe how instead of covering her minor mistakes during the performance, she did a big "Oopsie-Daisy! spit take" for each one. Yeah, I get that they wanted the audience to realize a mistake had been made, but surely 10 years in the chorus has taught Hilty a little more grace under pressure!"

well that's not worse than Katherine falling off the bench. lmfao!

but that's all scripted. so you're talking about Ivy, not directly about Hilty.
TONY Time: ONCE versus NEWSIES
 Mar 22 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Castlestreet: "I didn't realize Robert Pattinson was in Newsies- no wonder its selling so well!"

Wow that was so funny I fell off my dinosaur. I'm pretty sure Newsies is doing so well for a few reasons.

a. It was a Disney movie
b. It was produced at papermill before it hit broadway
c. It was previewed on ABC's good morning america and macy's thanksgiving parade.
d. It's a dance, and family-friendly show.

as for ONCE and GHOST, what

Mar 22 2012, 04:24:51 PM

Are they trying to make it seem like Katherine was better for the role and Ivy only got it out of pure favoritism?
(although I do think it's great they put a sense of favoritism on this show because it DOES exsist, from youth theater to broadway.)

here are my opinions:
1. Katherine needs to learn vocal technique for musical theater if the directors want to even think of making it seem like that.
2. It's weird how McPheet even was cast on thi

TONY Time: ONCE versus NEWSIES
 Mar 22 2012, 04:11:12 PM
Blaxx: "Once" is this year's "Spring Awakening" and "American Idiot". It will win a a few Tonys and be gone in 16 months. A Best Musical Tony will do nothing for it.
-----

I'm sorry, but when I saw this I had to login and say something.
Spring Awakening has a bigger fanbase than you think. Spring awakening received 11 tony nominations, and won 8. including Tonys for best musical, direction, book, score and featured actor.
It is BY FAR one of the most memorable musicals I ha

Rumor: spring awakening movie
 Mar 17 2012, 04:45:01 PM
AHHHHH. thanks for sharing.

Im not sure whether I like her as wendla :x

she's 25 now!!!
I think a younger more innocent actress would suit the role more :l

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You