News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GaryinLA

Member Name: GaryinLA
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's the 1st show you're planning to see when the quarantine is over?  Apr 16 2020, 01:31:56 PM

Company--my ticket was for April 18

BroadwayWorld Book Club  Mar 26 2020, 12:51:57 PM

I've read all 3 volumes of Jennifer's books. Incredible! I can't wait for more, as well as the discussion group. 

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 15 2020, 11:41:22 AM

The Inheritance Part 1.  I have a ticket for Company on April 18, but I'm sure any decisions to re-open will be handled on a day-by-day basis. (Godspell reference not intentional)

The Inheritance or Slave Play?  Dec 1 2019, 01:26:10 PM

So I saw Part 1 yesterday. For the first 15 minutes or so, I saw "another bunch of bitchy queens" trading zingers. It took me awhile to get into it. I DO agree with many of you that the play tries to be very self-important, and that some scenes are amazing, and the end of Part 1 is wonderful.  The theater was filled with guys like myself "of a certain age" who lived - survived - from the beginnings of the AIDS crisis through today. I DID have to sleep on it, as t

The Inheritance or Slave Play?  Nov 26 2019, 05:48:21 AM

Thanks to everyone for your insightful remarks! (esp BWAY Baby2!) I'm going for The Inheritance.

The Inheritance or Slave Play?  Nov 24 2019, 08:40:19 PM

wow--now I know why I'm torn between the two.

The Inheritance or Slave Play?  Nov 24 2019, 04:04:33 PM

I have time in NYC this weekend for one of the above. (And I will be able to see The Inheritance Part 2 at a later date if choose Part 1). What does everyone suggest?

Hadestown prices  Oct 2 2019, 05:41:29 AM

I got a single seat in Orch row P just off the aisle for $109 on Ticketmaster. I purchased it about 3 weeks in advance for this past Saturday's matinee. 

Evreything about the show was outstanding. 

RIP Phyllis Newman  Sep 16 2019, 03:49:04 PM

When I was a kid, seeing her on TV game shows and commercials, I thought she epitomized all that is "New York" I still do. RIP.

Naked Boys Singing closed?  Jun 29 2019, 07:42:27 PM
I didn't know of this.
What movie would you like to see adapted for Broadway?  Jun 13 2019, 01:27:17 PM
NONE. I prefer a show adapted to become a film.
Your First Broadway Show!!!  May 14 2019, 07:40:35 PM
Underfed, overworked Anatevka.
First Musical you ever saw?  Oct 9 2016, 01:27:53 PM

Fiddler On The Roof -1971 - Broadway Theater

Your First Broadway Show  Jul 18 2016, 03:59:01 PM

Mine was FIDDLER ON THE ROOF at the Broadway Theater back in 1971 I was 13--on my first trip to the Big Apple with my grandmother, who took me to see, over the years , THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG, SUGAR, A CHORUS LINE (just saw Baayork Lee's production at Pace Univesity this spring), TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA, ANNIE, BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE....and the list goes on after my college years! Thanks Gram!

College Inquiry  Sep 13 2015, 12:59:39 PM

I just took a tour at Pace last month with my niece who desires to attend next fall in the stage mgmt/costume design area. What impressed me the most is that a great percentage of the faculty are currently active in Broadway theater, and of course, the proximity to Braodway itself is a plus. 

What was your first time in New York City like?  Jun 23 2013, 08:22:28 PM
My grandmother took me in 1971 on a bus for the day from central PA. I was 13. We were great travelling buddies and planned our day in advance...A Gray Line tour which took us to Chinatown and the Statue of Liberty, saw Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's Cathedral, had dinner at Mamma Leone's, and saw my first Broadway show--Fiddler On The Roof--at the Broadway Theater. A fun filled 12 hours. Thanks Gram.

GODSPELL to Close on Broadway June 24  Jun 12 2012, 11:33:59 PM
Attention JCSuperstar--next to be crucified.
(....too soon?)

1970's Godspell at Plymouth Rock on PBS  Mar 21 2012, 05:42:05 PM
I remember seeing a TV special on PBS back in the early 70s--around Thanksgiving---of the Godpsell cast singing songs from the show--at Plymouth Rock--and I believe they were dressed as pilgrims. I'd love to see it again..any help?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You