News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Irenka

Member Name: Irenka
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Looking for a lottery code for Groundhog Day for tomorrow
 May 4 2017, 01:58:08 PM

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone won the lottery for Groundhog Day for tommorow but can't go? I'm only in town this week and it's my last night when I can see it. I can't really afford more expensive tickets so I would be eternally grateful if anyone could send me their code if they don't need it, thank you!

What to see in April? Please help me out!
 Mar 21 2016, 08:22:48 PM

Hello everyone!

It is time for my annual trip to NYC and I'm looking or tips on what to see - especially for new shows, I've seen almost everything that opened before July 2015. My favorite shows are the Book of Mormon, Avenue Q, Something Rotten, Matilda. I already have Hamilton tickets and I'm looking for 2-3 shows to see. I love good old fashioned musicals but anything that is smart and funny works too. If there is a good play around, I'd consider it too.

Than

Hamilton cast--how long with the originals?
 Oct 14 2015, 03:13:18 PM

I think you may still be able to save by doing a cancellation line on the day of - it is a little more risky, but if you are willing to be there early enough, I believe the tickets are $122 which is WAY cheaper and you will also avoid scams which I hear are common on resale sites for Hamilton.

Hamilton balcony tickets advice
 Aug 8 2015, 01:58:13 PM

"The Rodgers doesn't have a balcony. The cheapest seats that are non-lotto are in the rear mezz. "

I'msorry for the confusion, I mean rear mezz - on the map it looks like a balcony... Anyone have experience with these?

Hamilton balcony tickets advice
 Aug 8 2015, 07:10:51 AM

Hello, I'm considering purchasing the cheapest tickets at the balcony and I was wondering if anyone can share their experience either from the first balcony row (knee room, annoying bars etc.) and compete sides - basically my choice on the dates I can make it is either first balcony row complete side or three-four rows up and a little bit ore to the center. What do you think? Thank you!

Fun Home SR line recently
 Aug 7 2015, 12:52:28 PM

Hello, can anyone help me out figuring out when to get in line for SR tickets on Saturday or Sunday? It is my only chance to see the show (I'm not sure if/when I will be able to come to New York), so I want to make sure to get there in time. For some reason it is not listed on Broadway Spotted so I need recent personal experience. Thank you!

Any info on Hamilton standing room?
 Aug 7 2015, 12:49:24 PM

I should have mentioned I'm aware they do a limited number through lottery - I was hoping they would switch so I could actually plan to see the show and wait it out in the morning, rather than fighting those ridiculous odds... I also thought there are more SR spots, so I was hoping they will release them after opening night. 

Please let me know what happens at today's lottery, thank you!

Any info on Hamilton standing room?
 Aug 7 2015, 12:36:44 PM

Hello everyone, I'm heading to NYC for the weekend which means that my only chance to see Hamilton is on Saturday. Does anyone know if they MAYBE started selling standing room at the box office today? I know these policies often change after opening night, but tomorrow will be too late for me to find out, because if they really sell them in the morning, I need to be up there early on Saturday. Please let me know if you have any info, even PM me, if you don't want to share publicly, thank you!

Don't despair if you lose the Something Rotten Lottery - I still managed to get great seats!
 May 8 2015, 11:58:19 AM

Yes and also, I think you need to pay Telecharge fees, which you don't in the box office, I paid $98 for both, no additional fees!

Don't despair if you lose the Something Rotten Lottery - I still managed to get great seats!
 May 7 2015, 04:33:16 PM

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share my experience this week - I entered the lottery multiple times during my trip in NYC and lost every time. SOME (not all!) of the emails informing me that I lost had a discount code offering Mezzanine seats for $49 and after I lost my last chance to see it I decided to try this option.

I was in the theater within 5 minutes of losing the lottery a scored a pair of $49 tickets in row K of the Mezzanine, dead center! They were excellent seats, especi

Please recommend shows to see for my trip this week!
 Apr 27 2015, 03:49:14 PM

"Hand to God and Something Rotten do seem right up your alley.
Also you might enjoy Finding Neverland.

"

Why do you think I would like Finding Neverland? I don't know much about the show...

Thank you everyone for the tips, sounds like there are a few favourites, I'll do some additional research based on your recommendations!

Please recommend shows to see for my trip this week!
 Apr 27 2015, 02:06:24 PM

Hello everyone,

I have moved out of NYC 6 months ago and have been pretty much out of the Broadway loop for this time and now I am coming back to visit and have very little idea of what are the best shows to see right now - did not have time to read reviews or pay attention to the word of mouth.

Would you please be so kind and share your knowledge/experience to recommend shows to see? I have time for probably 5-6 shows and I am on a budget so I want to do rush/lotteries for everything so no need to purchase tickets ahead.

I generally like smart and funny shows but I also enjoy a classis dance heavy musical or an intriguing play. To give an idea, my favorite shows from the past are:

The Book of Mormon

Avenue Q

Twelfth Night

All the Way

Last Five Years

Thank you very much for your help! :)

Nytix offers to get you tickets to BoM lottery?
 Oct 15 2014, 11:15:58 PM
Hi, I'm helping a friend to get tickets to BoM and he came across nytix which after some research seems a legit website that offer discount codes for less popular shows. However, I was puzzled when I saw that their offer also includes lottery and SRO tickets. First, I'm very sure this is is not allowed, second, how can they even guarantee that? I don't have the membership so I don't know what happens if I tried to purchase these...

Does anyone have more info or experience? Thank you!

Coming October 16--Michael C. Hall as HEDWIG!
 Sep 8 2014, 07:43:31 PM
I'm over the moon! I thought of him for the role a while back and I am glad he is doing it, I just need to figure out how to get to NYC in December...
Hedwig Standing Room Advice for a Sunday matinee
 Aug 16 2014, 09:20:33 PM
Yes, I got to see the show! I actually slept for 8 hours and then switched with another user here who was in line during the day. Worked out pretty well!
Phantom fans please help, what are THE BEST SEATS?
 Aug 16 2014, 07:41:29 AM
Hello again, anyone has answers to the questions above? Many thanks!
Hedwig Standing Room Advice for a Sunday matinee
 Aug 15 2014, 11:01:42 PM
So I'm finally in a line I feel confident about (tickets 6 and 7) for tomorrow. Because there are two shows tomorrow and they are not doing standing room on Sunday at 7, I'd say today is your best shot but you probably need to get here soon...
Hedwig SRO for TOMORROW
 Aug 15 2014, 02:28:15 PM
I sent you a PM!
Phantom fans please help, what are THE BEST SEATS?
 Aug 14 2014, 06:58:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments! I am very intrigued by the mezzanine, can I have a couple of follow up questions?

I feel like first row mezzanine is sometimes tricky because of bars or lighting, so sometimes one must lean forward and cannot really relax and sit back. Is this not the case?
When you say the Phantom appears and disappears in front of you, in which section is that?

Thank you!

Looking for a buddy for Hedwig line for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
 Aug 13 2014, 08:44:49 AM
Turns out, I can only do it on Thursday (tomorrow). Please let me know if you are interested, you get to sleep in and wait only half the time! I just arrived from Europe so I'm very jetlaggged and wake up naturally at 3 am...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You