News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jjohnson5

Member Name: jjohnson5
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

American psycho
 Jun 3 2016, 12:33:52 AM

For what it's worth, I also saw last Sat's matinee and he had the ankle wrapped up and a slight limp occasionally. Was more noticeable in Act 2 than 1.

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 2 2016, 04:19:03 PM

If you are willing to pay the premium price, I really suggest looking at StubHub and a site called TickPick day or so before. I was able (along with another BroadwayWorld member I met on this thread) were able to get Row B Orchestra Left Aisle seats (closest to center) for around $600 each for this past Weds matinee.  Worth every penny in my opinion. As if it needs to be said, loved the show.

I had heard ppl on Weds who got there in early am got tickets for Weds but

May 30 2016, 03:10:08 PM

@Danielle I sent you a message

Teen seeing Hamilton alone
 May 30 2016, 03:06:56 PM

Your teen will be fine.  I starting going into NYC alone at about 15. I would take the NJ Transit to NY Penn Station and then walk to whatever show I was seeing and I never had any problems. 

May 30 2016, 03:05:36 PM

Martin4au said: "If any one wants to watch the video documentation of my Hamilton cancellation line experience, here is the link. https://youtu.be/0wZQFHVyZiQ

"

This is so sweet and your daughter's pure happiness over those seats made me want to cry.  What an awesome mom you are and what a memory for your daughter I'm sure she will never forget. 

May 29 2016, 01:43:22 PM

Has anyone done the in person lottery on Weds recently? 

Thank you, from American Psycho
 May 29 2016, 08:39:13 AM

Saw it yesterday for first time and I loved it.  It was so fresh and original.

May 29 2016, 08:36:20 AM

Need some advice. So thinking I am going to stick it out and see this before I move to Florida. Unfortunately I live too far away for the cancellation line to be a real possibility. I am targeting the Wednesday matinee. I have watched StubHub and Tm drop in price a few hours before but I will have to run over to Staples or Fedex to print the ticket.  my limit (with fees) is $500 and it's just me. Has anyone observed if that drop is reliable?  Right now o

AMERICAN PSYCHO CLOSING
 May 26 2016, 10:22:51 PM

Glad I picked this to see on Saturday instead of anything else on my shortlist. Shame.

May 25 2016, 09:54:45 AM

Hey all, non cancellation line Hamilton here, couldn't find any threads on it and didn't want the poor people of these boards to see yet another Hamilton thread.

Does the RRT sell merchandise to non ticketholders? I am going in to see a matinee on Sat (American Psycho) and would love to go buy some Hamilton merch.  I know some of those small shops sell show merch  (at a markup) but I'd like the best selection. Do they have a booth set up b

May 23 2016, 02:59:30 PM

lol nvm. Lost cause

2015-2016 touring seasons
 Mar 18 2015, 09:27:46 PM
Orlando's season is so meh. Know a lot of people switching to Tampa this year. Rightfully so.
Mezzanine at St. James
 Mar 12 2015, 05:09:32 PM
JBradshaw: I sat in I think L for Side Show in the rear Mezz and the view was fine. I did bring binoculars(yeah...) but they weren't really necessary. As "cheap seats" go, St. James' aren't bad at all.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
 Mar 12 2015, 05:07:31 PM
I read the implication of that as he starved to death after bringing Esmerelda's body to the crypt, which is where he said he would take her earlier in (I think) Act 2.
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Mar 11 2015, 06:42:18 PM
Does Aladdin require a donation? Just want to know before I send.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Paper Mill
 Mar 11 2015, 06:41:28 PM
On the subject of the lack of deformity: to be honest, in person, it didn't bother me in the slightest because of the body language and voice affliction. I had decent orchestra seats so I can imagine from further away (if/when it transfers) it wouldn't be an issue.

2015-2016 touring seasons
 Mar 11 2015, 04:01:35 PM
No posting for Orlando yet. Not really concerned at this point since Tampa's season is very solid.

Hope Bridges and Cabaret head out for the 2016-2017 season since neither are making it to Tampa (or presumably Orlando) in 2015-2016.

Wicked 1st National To End?
 Mar 10 2015, 11:48:06 AM
It must be getting progressively harder to book Wicked for the lengthy stays it's used to at cities. It seemed to sell decently the last time it was in Tampa but perhaps season ticket holders are no longer adding it to their package quite like they used to.
Sienna Miller in Cabaret
 Mar 8 2015, 10:14:19 PM
I saw Sienna on Friday. Thought she nailed the performance- Her voice may not be strong or anything special but she acted the hell out of every second she was on stage. I was thoroughly impressed.

High School Productions Nowadays
 Mar 8 2015, 10:10:13 PM
Summit is also the bomb though. I attended a "rival" High School that often went against Summit a Papermill's Rising Star Awards (and we always lost). When we finally went and check them out ourselves we were in shock. They have a lot of support from their community and from what I understand even their parents work very hard. Very talented kids usually too.

What I'm trying to say is, don't make Summit your benchmark on HS productions because you will be disappointed :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You