News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Okiekat

Okiekat Profile Photo
Member Name: Okiekat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Favorite Broadway YouTube Clips  May 21 2016, 03:24:20 PM

Karen Morrow and the cast from "I Had a Ball" on Ed Sullivan.  Wish there was a better clip.  Luther Henderson's dance arrangements... love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vtTNnWHwa0

SHUFFLE ALONG rush / Discount Code  May 20 2016, 12:14:06 AM

It was cash or credit last weekend.

Fiddler on the Roof Previews  Dec 18 2015, 07:38:26 PM

For those still interested in rush, I bought a ticket at 7p tonight.  Row M orchestra.?

Ripcord at MTC  Oct 19 2015, 12:26:25 PM

Show runs slightly less than 2 hours, including the intermission.  Saw this Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I can watch MaryLouise Burke all day.

WHORL INSIDE A LOOP Starts Tonight at Second Stage  Sep 1 2015, 10:34:05 AM

My tdf ticket was row N.  It's a small theater, every seat is good.

WHORL INSIDE A LOOP Starts Tonight at Second Stage  Aug 19 2015, 09:48:34 AM

I saw this Saturday night and absolutely LOVED it.  So many emotional moments.  I laughed, I I cried.  The acting is just terrific.  Four days later, I'm still thinking about it.

Any info on Hamilton standing room?  Aug 7 2015, 12:39:59 PM

During previews 6 standing room names were drawn after the lottery winners.  You enter your name for SR along with the lottery names.  It's $40 cash or credit.  I believe this will continue, not sure about the number of SR tickets.

Hamilton Previews  Jul 19 2015, 11:54:29 AM

macnyc, thanks for the reminder about the "Rise up" lyrics.  You're right, it was a little more powerful at The Public and Anthony Ramos delivered.  Also forgot about the "pay your taxes!" line which was amusing.  I wondered about the overhang.  Good to know it's not obstructing the view.

Hamilton Previews  Jul 19 2015, 08:52:43 AM

I saw Hamilton this weekend after seeing it four times at The Public.  I was really nervous the show would lose a lot in the transfer.  But it has not.  It is somehow better.  ClydeBarrow, I agree about "One Last Time".  I prefer the stair reveal to King George.  However, I think this staging is more dramatic for George Washington and Chris Jackson is excellent.  

The entire cast has improved.  Leslie Odom gets better and better with that stu

HAMILTON Broadway Lottery  Jul 18 2015, 10:42:22 AM

I saw the show last night and only noticed minor changes on the upper level of the set. If I remember correctly, at The Public Angelica was on the right staircase for "Take a Break".  Now she's on the left.

Hamilton Rush or Lottery  Jul 3 2015, 06:20:10 PM

On Wednesday, a box office worker said they expect to have lottery details next week.

Favorite Fun Home song?  May 23 2015, 03:04:18 PM

Telephone Wire

Ring of Keys

HAMILTON Previews...  Feb 16 2015, 07:41:10 PM
Gomez, this makes me so happy. I wish every young person could see this show.
HAMILTON Previews...  Feb 16 2015, 06:11:47 PM
That is correct. Both times I left and returned by 7:25. Make sure you ask where to go when you return.
HAMILTON Previews...  Feb 16 2015, 05:38:29 PM
CoreyRyan3, I would definitely try to be there when the box office opens. I was there last Friday and the woman who had voucher number 1 said she got on line at 11:30am. I got on line at 5:45pm, I only got in, because several ahead of me decided to leave. I agree, that if reviews are what I expect, it will be more difficult to get a wait-list ticket. It may be easier on two-show days. Also, while you're waiting you can add your name to the lottery drawing.

HAMILTON Previews...  Feb 16 2015, 12:44:01 PM
FYI... this tweet from The Public: @PublicTheaterNY Just a reminder- no #hamiltonpublic lotto until this Thursday, 2/19! See you then.
HAMILTON Previews...  Feb 16 2015, 09:39:27 AM
CoreyRyan3,
I've tried the standby line twice. First time I was third on line and did not get in. Second time I was 5th on line and DID get in. Seat was in the first row. You can get a voucher as soon as the box office opens and it's not necessary to wait in the lobby. I got a voucher number and went up to The Library. You just need to return 30 minutes prior to the show. Tickets are full-price $122.

Iain Loves Hamilton  Feb 3 2015, 06:48:48 PM
This is too cute!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1541630836116683

DELETE  Feb 3 2015, 06:47:42 PM

HAMILTON Previews  Jan 26 2015, 11:09:50 AM
Saw the show Saturday night and absolutely loved it. It can be trimmed, but honestly I wasn't bothered by the running time. Thought the performances were great. Lin-Manuel Miranda has crafted a very creative, entertaining musical. I was mesmerized by the choreography and the costumes. This show will only get better. I don't know how, but I must see it again.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You