News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for blisseau

Member Name: blisseau
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

10th Annual NYMF Thread
 Jul 10 2013, 11:36:47 PM
I already have my tickets for Julian Po for tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear it's not great. I think I'll probably still go see it anyway, since I already paid for it.

- - - - -

I saw the staged reading of THE WATER DREAM tonight. Overall, I really enjoyed the music, especially anything sung by J. Robert Spencer ("Brave" was great) or with the whole company.

As much as I'm a RENT fan, I don't love Anthony Rapp's voice, so the fact that he sings a lot of the songs (he's the

FIRST DATE - Previews
 Jul 10 2013, 01:48:56 AM
According to playbill

A limited number of student rush tickets priced at $25 can be purchased with a valid student ID at the box office (one ticket per ID) on the date of the performance. In addition, $35 balcony-level seats are available in advance for all performances at the Longacre Theatre box office or at Telecharge.com.

FYI, the seats in the balcony are just fine and it was worth $35 to me to see Zachary Levi be adorable on stage. I don't think I would've paid more

FIRST DATE - Previews
 Jul 10 2013, 01:29:50 AM
Honestly, I didn't mind the show. I have no strong feelings toward it. It was enjoyable at the time, and I did laugh several times, and the audience was really into it (which was nice).

The score is lacking. There were some genuinely crazy/entertaining numbers ("The Girl for You" was insane, but you can't help like it?), but the songs themselves were mostly forgettable.

The strongest selling point of the show is the cast. Zachary Levi does a good job with the couple of songs he has ("In Love With You" was very fun & he dances ) and he is a strong actor, very charming and funny. Krysta Rodriguez was fine - I've never been a big fan of hers, though, so *shrugs*. The rest of the cast (Bryce Ryness, Kristoffer Cusick, Blake Hammond, Sara Chase, and Kate Loprest) were all great playing their various roles - overall, funny.

I can't see this show lasting very long on Broadway, though.

FIRST DATE - Previews
 Jul 10 2013, 12:07:01 AM
In case anyone was curious...

FIRST DATE - Previews
 Jul 9 2013, 02:07:54 AM
...I'll be there. I'm fully prepared for it to be horrible, but I secretly hope it's surprisingly decent. But it will probably be horrible.

My main reason for seeing the show is the cast. So it's got that going for it, at least.

Small Cast Musicals
 May 22 2013, 09:35:36 PM
Daddy Long Legs only has 2.

www.daddylonglegsmusical.com

When will BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S post it's closing notice?
 Mar 24 2013, 12:29:00 AM
I'm seeing this show in about 2 weeks, and part of me hopes it doesn't close before then because I did want to see Emilia Clarke on stage, but if it really is dreadful, maybe it's better I didn't see it at all. I don't know.

...I just hope Audience Rewards will refund my points/money, if it comes to that :|

Murder Ballad getting cast recording
 Dec 2 2012, 07:54:43 PM
Whohoo! This is exciting.
Murder Ballad seating chart
 Dec 2 2012, 07:53:42 PM
If you want to get really up-close and personal with the actors, sitting at one of the tables would be interesting. They do stand on the tables/chairs every once in a while. The room is tiny, though, so it might be a bit claustrophobic? Idk, that's how I felt.

In front of the shorter rows of seats, there's a pool table (which they get on for a few numbers) and in front of the longer rows of seats, there's a bar (which they also get on for some of the songs).

Personally, I'd sit

Kinky Boots vs Matilda
 Nov 25 2012, 04:41:43 AM
I've seen both, but I'm likely in the minority.

I can easily see both shows being nominated - Matilda is pretty fantastic & has a great score, among other things; Kinky Boots is overall fun and not terrible (I've seen worse things get nominated, so anything "not terrible" has a decent shot at a Tony *shrugs*)

I would say, I'd be very surprised if Matilda *didn't* win something (assuming they don't drastically change anything from the West End incarnation).

As for Stark

I am really shocked that ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS did not get a Best Play nomination....
 May 2 2012, 01:00:14 AM
I'm surprised as well. I saw this show twice when it was in previews and I adored it. Never laughed so hard before at a show.

I think the big problem is that so much of the show is unscripted.

Actually, this isn't quite true. I don't want to give too much away, but after having seen the show twice, I discovered/confirmed much of the seemingly unscripted bits are actually scripted. The beauty is that James Corden is so great in this role, he makes you believe those moment

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You