News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for YouAndMePal

Member Name: YouAndMePal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Matilda is OBVIOUSLY winning best musical....  Apr 6 2013, 08:10:01 PM
I don't why everyone is pooping on this show. Most lyrically ambitious show in years. Inventively staged. I thinks it's absurd to compare it to Light in the Piazza. Why is that relevant at all? I appreciate that I have to chase Tim Minchen's thoughts. Minchin has a Sondhemian sensibility, he's lyric first. I appreciate that. I love Piazza, it's more musically ambitious, but such a different kind of show. I like Minchen's music too. He utilizes dissonance. He has a minimalist style, but it servi
Norm Lewis may need a new agent  Dec 31 2012, 04:54:16 AM
Any other actors think he might have taken the job to get a good laugh at the same time as get some moolah in the bank?
Has anyone seen SCANDALOUS lately...?  Nov 13 2012, 03:58:10 PM
Went with a couple of friends and laughed so hard we cried...totally worth the experience, it is baffling
Listen to the ENTIRE OBCR for Nice Work!  Sep 22 2012, 05:22:23 PM
Interesting I really am the one on this train... I guess I just have a bias towards a view of musical in which drama takes precedent, in other words, the view that a musical theatre artist should be to be to tell stories and develop characters, and if they're great, in a more indelibly sound way than musicals that have been established before in the form. The want for musicals to have a delightful, reduntant and "fun" atmosphere discredits the depth and credibility of the artform. Yes there is
Listen to the ENTIRE OBCR for Nice Work!  Sep 20 2012, 09:10:38 PM
This recording is far better than the show, which features a frighteningly wooden performance from Broderick. Not to mention a stupid story. The goal of the writers was to create a piece that would be constructed in the same way as a 30's musical would be. The issue is that even though the Gershwins wrote songs for their shows that didn't serve the function of character and were intended to be stand alone hits, they wrote their songs FOR SHOWS. Each group of songs they wrote for each show had a
Audra McDonald's elaborate back story for Bess  May 4 2012, 05:30:26 PM
Hey first post-but long time reader here.

I just wanted to chime in because I feel like the initial poster is asking a more formidable question that he's being given credit. As an actor I am more in McDonald's camp. I love to do as much prep work as possible. This allows me to have a relationship to the material and my performance in it that I find to be satisfying. In my mind, the artistry of the actor is held in his/her ability to be as submerged in the material and all of its possib

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You