News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JMac4

Member Name: JMac4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Wrong Man
 Oct 6 2019, 01:08:12 PM
Saw this yesterday and have to say I really couldn’t stand it. Joshua Henry is an astonishing talent, but he can’t make this repetitive, melodramatic piece worth watching. There aren’t even scenes here. The entire thing is narrated. No characters connect. I mean...only two even have names. A talented cast is left adrift in an over-choreographed, under-conceived mess of a production. MCC is not on a winning streak with productions in their new space.
Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend
 May 24 2016, 06:57:28 PM

It's true that there's a surprising lack of snark on this page. I admit that I didn't love the show though I love many of the performers in the show and wish them well.

The difficult feeling for me when something closes early is the warring emotions of "How sad for the people now out of work" and the more selfish "Yay, another open theater for new work!" Even when shows I adore close, a part of me can't help but be excited to find out w

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 5 2015, 06:11:49 PM

LimelightMike said: "Wait. I'm confused. Is Seth going to be IN the show? I assume he was in the original incarnation, but it would be his B'way acting debut, right? Interesting.

He had a very small part in the Roundabout revival of The Ritz a few years back as well.

I saw this Off-Broadway and only remember thinking it was cute enough but not particularly hilarious or thrilling. The reviews were very kind at the time, and it was a t

Coming October 16--Michael C. Hall as HEDWIG!
 Sep 8 2014, 01:07:49 PM
Huh! I've liked him in everything I've seen him do, but I wouldn't have guessed him for this part. Anyone see him in Cabaret? How is he musically? I'll be curious!
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/29/14
 Jun 30 2014, 03:24:36 PM
Rocky may be in trouble, but holy cow Bullets Over Broadway. That's falling off even faster than I expected. Looks like that can't make it much longer--especially since running costs HAVE to be high. I'd guess that and Holler will be closing soon, with Once and Rocky sitting on the bubble. A shame since I love three of the four.
Ken Watanabe is The King of Siam in THE KING AND I
 Jun 30 2014, 02:03:36 PM
I know the King doesn't have a lot to do musically, but I do wonder if anyone has heard Watanabe sing? I looked up his stage credits, and they all seem to be straight plays. I think he's a great choice--just wondering.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/15/14
 Jun 16 2014, 03:58:13 PM
Oof. Lots of shows are sitting on the bubble right now. Looks like Once, Cinderella, and Bullets could all be in danger of closing quite soon based on the past few weeks. Once could hold on much longer depending on how much money they have in the bank--at least they've earned out. The other two feel really dicey.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You