News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aviators99

Member Name: aviators99
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone see the original
 Nov 14 2013, 04:00:44 PM
No, not "dated". It's become a period piece.
Anyone see the original
 Nov 13 2013, 11:22:53 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but for fun I wrote a "They're Playing Our Song" quiz. I have "Easy" (for some of them you would have to have seen the show a few times), "Hard" (for some of them you would have had to see the show a dozen times), and "Impossible" (Either have to cheat by reading the book, have performed in the show, or have seen the show 30+ times like me and started looking for trivia questions during the show). This message board doesn't let me put invisible answers in it, so
Anyone see the original
 May 30 2012, 12:02:52 AM
I agree with respect to the staging. I found it a bit too "clever". The first act was indeed long (the same length as the original). In general the show has much more dialogue than most shows. The Redo at the Reprise tried to account for that by adding more music (in the second act). They couldn't really delete any dialogue...Apparently, Simon and the producers had the same argument in the '70s.

The Meniere got horrible reviews. I'm sure the Reprise was better.

Anyone see the original
 May 29 2012, 05:26:42 PM
I'm pretty sure it comes with the Samuel French package, because I've heard it used at a bunch of the shows I've seen.
Anyone see the original
 May 28 2012, 09:01:46 AM
>Then that's even worse (for Simon)...all credit for the cheap
>laugh goes to him. After I wrote my post I thought, well it could
>have been a cheap laugh the costume designer went for.
>
>Thanks for clarifying, though.

No, it just means that the sarcasm was lost on you as a high school student (or that Arnaz didn't deliver it correctly at that performance).

Anyone see the original
 May 25 2012, 04:01:12 PM
>The part about Leon (the ex-boyfriend) was kind of annoying and I think it was toned-down.

Um, no. It definitely was not!

Anyway, I saw the original cast, followed by Lucie and Tony Roberts on Broadway. It became a special show for my wife and me (much later in life), as I surprised her with her first viewing of it in 1994 in Long Beach with Jack Wagner and Lorna Patterson, to be followed by my proposal to her.

We have since seen nearly every showing of it around th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You