News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Geoff

Geoff Profile Photo
Member Name: Geoff
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Passion at Signature Theatre
 Sep 3 2018, 10:04:28 AM

Hi folks.  I saw this production last night and really enjoyed it.  I have seen Passion at least three times before, and it is truly an extraordinary work of art.  I do have a question, though -- this is the first production I can recall where Giorgio gets the final bow.  Is anyone aware of another production in which that has happened?  Of course, I may simply be mistaken, but I am virtually certain that both Donna Murphy and Judy Kuhn had the final bows in thei

RIP Dean Jones
 Sep 3 2015, 02:35:00 PM

Thanks! 

RIP Dean Jones
 Sep 3 2015, 11:11:04 AM

In its obituary, the New York Times includes the following sentence:  "Although he was replaced by Larry Kert, Mr. Jones agreed to record the original cast album, leaving him indelibly associated with the show, which won the 1971 Tony Award for best musical."  This implies that Larry Kert was already performing the part at the time of the cast recording.  Is that correct?  If so, does anyone know how long he had been out of the show by the time it was recorded?  

re: Ragtime at the Kennedy Center
 Apr 19 2009, 12:21:59 AM
They do, but it's different from the original production. Both the car and the piano are rendered somewhat more figuratively, but I won't give away any more.
re: Ragtime at the Kennedy Center
 Apr 19 2009, 12:12:48 AM
No, it's certainly not a bare-bones production. It's just smaller than the original, which was, of course, colossal. The set, which was designed by Derek McLane, was very impressive. The production is in the Eisenhower Theater, as opposed to the Opera House, which is far better for this kind of show.
Ragtime at the Kennedy Center
 Apr 18 2009, 11:56:05 PM
Hi folks. I just returned from the opening night of a brand new production of Ragtime at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. It was just wonderful. The production is somewhat paired down (at least when compared with the Broadway original) but it has a full orchestra and a cast of more than three dozen. Christiane Noll is Mother, Ron Bohmer is Father, Manoel Felciano is Tateh, Leigh Ann Larkin is Evelyn Nesbit, and Quentin Earl Darrington is Coalhouse Walker, Jr. Washingtonians will reco
re: Color Purple Question
 Jan 17 2006, 11:13:18 AM
Thank you both for your responses. It sounds like it should be fine for her. Thanks again.
Color Purple Question
 Jan 17 2006, 10:00:23 AM
Hi folks. I am thinking of taking my 12-year-old daughter to see the show, but I was interested in your sense of how appropriate it is. She has a lot of musical theater experience, but I was a little concerned about the incest theme. For those who have seen it, would you have any hesitation bringing a 12 year old to the show? Thanks very much.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You