News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tallybro

Member Name: tallybro
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Jan 3 2015, 09:11:21 AM
"Yeah, Sondheim has never struck me as a strict non-compromiser. All of his early lessons came from longtime industry professionals who taught him the necessity and value of compromise, starting with Oscar Hammerstein. He's a realist. Realists can be great artists, too."

From the trivia section of Sweeney's movie in imdb:

"Composer Stephen Sondheim, notoriously protective of his stage works, long resisted offers to film this story. When Tim Burton expressed interest, however, S

Nov 5 2014, 12:55:52 PM
Awesome disneybroadwayfan22! Can't wait :)
 Nov 5 2014, 12:53:18 PM
^Well, don't count on us for that. The chances Into the Woods will be dubbed in european portuguese are exactly 0%, people just don't like it
 Nov 5 2014, 12:20:26 PM
^It probably depends on the country.

It's funny you mention that, because I'm living in Spain right now and by far the thing that I hate the most about this country is how they dub everything instead of subtitling. So, recently I was curious about what they did with Sweeney's Spanish version, and when I saw it I was baffled!

Instead of dubbing everything like they normally do, they only dubbed the spoken bits, and left the songs in English with subtitles. So basically, every c

Nov 5 2014, 11:28:18 AM
Those look great :)

btw, henriquefho are you from Brazil? Do you know what they're calling the movie here in Portugal? "Floresta Encantada" (Enchanted Forest)...
I can hardly think of a worse name than that, it's incredibly uncreative, I hope it doesn't hurt the movie's reputation here

"Caminhos da Floresta" (Ways of the Forest) is a way better pick!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You