News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PapaGe

PapaGe Profile Photo
Member Name: PapaGe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alfie Boe to replace Ramin Karimloo in Les Mis  May 8 2015, 12:34:52 PM

Now that they've cycled out the original cast and are putting someone really fantastic in as Valjean, I may have to reassess my dislike of this production.

Gentleman's Guide Lyric Question  May 2 2015, 01:45:09 PM

They don't mention the time in the 7 p.m. shows.  It's something like "it's not too late/it's just your fate".

Two tickets to Gigi tonight (gone!)  Mar 30 2015, 05:52:26 PM
Never mind, they're gone.

Fun Home and Wolf Hall on TDF.  Mar 30 2015, 04:49:14 PM
In case anyone is interested in how the TDF seats for Fun Home have been, I saw the Sunday matinee and had great seats in row E in the 200s. A number of other TDF-ers were nearby, while some others were directly opposite us across the stage.
The Visit Previews  Mar 27 2015, 11:02:15 AM
Cardamon--I would avoid sitting far to the left if possible. I was four seats from the left aisle in the mezz and there was some unfortunate obstruction for a song or two. The upper level on stage curves to the left, so I don't think you'd have the same issue on the right side.
SNOW DAY SPECIALS ON TICKETS??  Jan 27 2015, 12:18:33 PM
Here's a deal just posted by Gentleman's Guide: https://twitter.com/GentlemansGuide/status/560114137150550016
Bryce Pinkham replacement?  Jan 22 2015, 01:13:48 PM
I saw Kready yesterday. I found him very charming, and as someone said further up the thread he sounds almost exactly like Bryce. He's a little less endearing in the role than Bryce (I prefer Bryce's shocked expression every time he succeeds at a murder over Kready's knowing grin), but that may come with more experience. He seemed ecstatic when he took his bows and Jefferson gave him an approving grin.
Neil Simon Theater TDF question  Nov 11 2014, 01:04:09 PM
I have TDF tickets for Last Ship for tomorrow and probably will not be able to attend. Does anyone know if the Neil Simon requires photo ID to pick up the tickets, or should anyone be able to pick them up? Thanks!
My 2014 MISS SAIGON Live Recording Has Dispatched!  Sep 26 2014, 10:16:48 AM
Until this moment I always thought Chris was saying "I shouted Kim, now Ellen too", referring to his nightmares in "I Still Believe." You learn something new every day...

I only have the original London recording, so I guess that's why I don't recall ever having heard the Sun and Moon reprise before this (though I've seen it on tour a couple of times).

My 2014 MISS SAIGON Live Recording Has Dispatched!  Sep 25 2014, 06:07:27 PM
A couple comments on this recording now that I've listened to it:

-I hadn't listened to any of the Youtube versions of "Maybe" because I was waiting to judge it in context. Having listened to it here, all I can say is...ew. It's like with each version of Ellen's song they've done more to soften her character until there's nothing left. At least "It's Her Or Me" gave the audience a strong woman they could empathize with and, in other circumstances, even root for. "Now That I've Seen

My 2014 MISS SAIGON Live Recording Has Dispatched!  Sep 25 2014, 03:30:18 PM
Thanks for the link! I've been looking everywhere for a legal place to stream it. Haven't listened to much yet, but the many lyric changes are already a little off-putting.
Worst broadway shows you've seen  Aug 13 2014, 12:56:45 PM
Leap of Faith
Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark
If/Then (the only time I've wanted to leave at intermission, didn't do so, and regretted not doing so)
Wonderland

Bridges of Madison County Vocal Selections  Jul 28 2014, 06:52:07 PM
JRB tweeted the following today: "An answer to 'What's going on with the @BridgesBroadway vocal selections?': Last round of proofs! (We hope.)"

https://twitter.com/MrJasonRBrown/status/493682239658795008/photo/1

Miss Saigon and racism  Jul 17 2014, 04:26:39 PM
As an Asian-American female, I have never found this show offensive. Yes, one of the central themes it deals with is white-people-as-saviors (a theme you can't avoid when doing a story about the Vietnam War), but the show itself turns that theme on its head. "Bui-Doi" is an entire song about how the Americans have failed to save the people of Vietnam ("They are the living reminder of all the good we failed to do"). Chris is never a hero (something he admits in "Why, God, Why"); he is as helpl
Gentleman's Guide Seating Question  Jun 3 2014, 11:11:51 AM
bmg2 - The moment in question is not essential to the story (it's more like an extra punchline to a very long joke), and hearing the line makes it clear what's going on. It's unfortunate to miss it but hardly invalidates a full price ticket.
Gents Guide sheet music  May 31 2014, 04:12:08 PM
In case anyone else has been waiting as anxiously as I have, the entire Gentleman's Guide vocal selections are available to purchase and print immediately here: http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us/search/contributor/195328/steven-lutvak.

If/Then is on TDF  May 30 2014, 12:39:00 PM
I wasn't going to chime in being all negative about the show, but since someone asked...

I found If/Then extremely boring as well and was tempted to leave at intermission. I thought both story lines (which I had no difficulty following) were cliche and predictable. I didn't like Liz or Beth and did not feel invested in either of their stories. I might have been able to get past my issues with the book if I'd been enchanted by the score (I am, admittedly, a huge N2N fan), but I didn't

Gentleman's Guide on Fallon  May 16 2014, 04:15:43 PM
Pinkham is featured in almost all of the videos for the show. After they did "I've Decided to Marry You" on the Today Show they probably figured they should do a song featuring Mays. I'm glad they're not just doing the same song at every appearance even if it's the strongest in the show.
Thrilling theatre moments/twists  May 15 2014, 02:04:15 PM
When Christina DeCicco sang the line "I'm their savior" in the recent revival of Evita (I saw it with Elena Roger too but it didn't have the same hair-raising effect).

Gentleman's Guide spoiler: When it becomes obvious Sibella and Phoebe are working together to free Monty.

Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess in PHANTOM tonight!  May 13 2014, 12:49:55 PM
I walked up and got a standing room ticket around 6:30 yesterday. They must have opened the doors late, because when I got near the theater at 7:45 the line was two blocks long. The show started around 8:10.

Historically I haven't been a huge fan of Norm Lewis, but he was really incredible last night. You could really tell he was giving it his all (and having the time of his life whenever he got to do the Phantom's malevolent laughter). The rest of the cast gave great performances a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You