News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jaspar0308

Member Name: jaspar0308
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Performance Rights and Doubling
 Jan 29 2017, 06:46:59 AM

This might seem like a silly quesstion, but do performance rights and royalty restrictions extend to doubling, or lack thereof?

There is a show that I am eyeing to direct, which is typically done with a cast of three.  In the character listing it only shows the three main characters, but two of the actors double in featured roles.  The group that I work with is a community theatre, so I was hoping to expand the cast by having the featured roles be played by a small ensem

Looks like Rob Marshall's INTO THE WOODS Film Is Gonna Happen Sooner Rather
 Jun 24 2012, 04:10:32 AM
I thought of Megan Hilty also, as she is a proven musical theatre talent, along with her stint on "Smash". I'm not sure if she's right for any of the roles, though. I guess she would make a good Baker's Wife.

Another person I thought of was Zooey Deschanel. She has proven that she can sing, and I think this would be a great opportunity for her to sort of shed her "quirky girl" image and prove that she really can act in a dramatic role. I think she would really be an interesting choice

Jun 23 2012, 12:57:37 AM
Catherine Zeta-Jones's name has been thrown around, and I can't help but wonder how Bebe Neuwirth would do in the role.

Jun 22 2012, 09:29:47 PM
My original thought was "I just hope that they don't cast Milky White with a real cow!" But, since I'm here, I might as well take a second to throw my hat into the ring:

Baker - Christian Borle
Baker's Wife - Laura Benanti
The Witch - Audra McDonald
Cinderella - Kelli O'Hara
Rapunzel - Laura Osnes
Cinderella's Prince/Wolf - Stephen Pasquale
Rapunzel's Prince/Wolf - Colin Donnell
Jack - Michael Arden
Little Red - Annaleigh Ashford
The Mysterious Old M

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You