News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for VampyreCamp

VampyreCamp Profile Photo
Member Name: VampyreCamp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 25 2012, 10:35:49 AM
*SPOILER ALERT...MAYBE?*

I'm with you, jag. Even though the boy narrator dies in the second act it is still only a dream and so he wakes up at the end. Maybe the text doesn't support that but its a nice interpretation from the director. Though perhaps its not staged clearly? I don't know... I'm not a director so I wouldn't know how to clarify that.

Jul 25 2012, 10:03:12 AM
Apologies. Fixed it.
 Jul 25 2012, 09:53:37 AM
*THERE MAY BE SPOILERS LYING WITHIN THIS POST*

There has been some confusion and discussion about the boy narrator and I'm chiming in because I love the concept.

The show starts, we hear an argument between a father and a son. A boy walks on and he appears sad and hurt. I presume he's run away. He takes out some toys from his bag and begins the show with "Once Upon a Time."

So here's a boy playing and using his imagination to comfort himself and take him out of

Jul 25 2012, 12:46:40 AM
I'm sure many of you who were in the audience with me tonight agree that the pacing was a little slow but I didn't mind it so much because I get it... its a first preview/the weather has been sucky so teching must have been hard/the show is a mammoth... etc. etc. etc.

I truly believe in this production and I cannot wait to see it again in a couple weeks as the performances settle in and the entire company has time to rest. They got through it fully and I'm thankful for that. Listen, i

Jul 24 2012, 09:39:19 AM
Precisely so, frogs! sorry for the confusion. Sit on pavement, not on grass. They haven't gotten angry about chairs as long as its on the pavement.
 Jul 24 2012, 06:59:53 AM
Got in line around 6 AM, in the 100-150 range of people, we can see the theatre from where we are. They ARE strict especially about sitting on the pavement! But its worth it!!! Happy Waiting in Line!!!
Anyone see The Best Man Replacement Cast?
 Jul 11 2012, 03:34:50 PM
I did see it and really enjoyed the play! It was a thrill seeing such top notch actors! James Earl Jones owns his role and commands the stage... but that's no surprise, is it?

But you want to hear about the new cast members, John Stamos, Cybill Shepherd, and Kristin Davis, right? Okay.

John Stamos is such a pro! You would never have guessed that last night was his first performance in the play. He was solid and fairly polished as Joe Cantwell. He does a really good job cr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You