News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FlowerChild67

FlowerChild67 Profile Photo
Member Name: FlowerChild67
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mother Courage at CSC  Jan 9 2016, 10:34:34 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "It's the whole LaJolla THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE and Broadway transfer ordeal of CAROLINE OR CHANGE crap again.  Is there ANY production you get involved with that'll agree with you?"

There's so much to comment on with this ordeal, and I'm going to refrain from writing any of it, but I do have to ask: what happened with the transfer of Caroline or Change? 

Favorite Plays Involving Mental Illness  Dec 22 2015, 06:01:53 AM

Jane2 said: "John Merrick not only wasn't mentally ill, he had a superior brain. He was well read, and his artistic talent was evident in his superb architectural creations. His poise and upper class mannerisms made him a "celebrity" whom everyone wanted to meet.

I'm sure that this seems a stupid thing to comment on, but I just feel it's important to point out that being having a mental illness and having a superior brain are FAR from mutually&nb

The Privilege to Pee (in real life)  Dec 22 2015, 05:56:44 AM

I've been in theaters (and other buildings- but I actually first saw it at a theater) that have two gender-neutral bathrooms and they work beautifully- the lines for women are cut in half, and men having to worry about women barging in and seeing them pee at the urinals. Men don't have urinals in their homes, I don't see any reason that they need them in public restrooms.

Controversial musicals  Nov 9 2015, 02:04:29 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Would the scottsboro Boys be a controversial show?

"

Weren't there protests at the show? I'd think that that would make it controversial... I believe (I may be misremembering, but I know that there definitely were complaints of this nature, even if it's not what the protests were about) that people were angry about its minstrel show format. 

What exactly qualifies as a Broadway "season?"  Oct 27 2015, 03:55:51 AM

So, this is probably a dumb question, but it's something I've always been unclear about- when someone says the "2015-2016 season" does that include JUST shows that opened this season, or does it encompass every show running on Broadway this season? 

Was There Ever Talk of a Spring Awakening Movie?  Aug 13 2014, 04:59:58 AM
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to find 18 year-olds who are believable as 14.
HAIR TONIGHT  Aug 2 2014, 05:17:22 PM
lovebwy, it's a joint laced with LSD, I believe.
A Little More Alive  Apr 20 2014, 02:00:45 AM
From Kansas City Rep's website:

"In this captivating new pop musical, two estranged brothers reunite at their mother’s funeral. An unexpected discovery upends every memory they have - and it becomes their mission to learn the truth about their family. But on the way, Nate and Jeremy find that no one is exempt from the grey area between right and wrong.

Acclaimed director Sheryl Kaller (Mothers and Sons, Next Fall) and a stellar cast ignite an energetic soundtrack of pulse-pou

Patty & Emily at it again!  Apr 18 2014, 09:43:02 PM
I love it!

(Also, I love you guys and your videos- I've spent the past few days re-watching basically all of them.)

No Michelle Williams  Apr 12 2014, 08:44:14 PM
I'm curious, Dr. Kitchell (and anyone else who felt that this rival wasn't as daring/shocking/so on and so forth as it was 16 years ago) do you think that that is because you were already familiar with it, or just because, well, 16 years have gone by?
If/then Reviews  Apr 9 2014, 04:06:07 AM
iluvtheatertrash- it's still not showing up. Maybe I'll have better luck: http://observer.com/2014/04/the-road-not-taken-2/

(Seriously, that was just unnecessarily nasty. If you don't like something, fine, and, as a critic, it's your job to tell us that. But there's a big difference between saying "I didn't like it, here's why..." and THAT.)

Jesus Christ Superstar: Arena Spectacular  Apr 6 2014, 01:42:27 AM
Here's a video of Michelle Williams singing "I Don't Know How to Love Him." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEO_6hwExFQ

Annie remake trailer  Mar 5 2014, 04:11:34 AM
I didn't see a thread about this, sooo: thoughts?

(https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/First-Trailer-for-ANNIE-Remake-Starring-Quvenzhane-Wallis-Jamie-Foxx-20140304)

Submissions Only Season 3  Mar 4 2014, 02:53:17 AM
gleek, you can watch it on YouTube!

Also, now it's saying that S3 doesn't premiere until TOMORROW? What am I missing here?

Last night I saw a production of Next to Normal...  Jan 24 2014, 01:09:07 AM
Okay, so after reading this, I have a question: What EXACTLY counts as text? Obviously many productions change blocking, etc. but where is the line crossed into changing the show itself? Where does it go from changing where someone moves to changing what happens in the show?

(Okay, now that I've seen Evan's message, I'm going to add this in: I know that stage directions are often not the playwright's words, so when does changing them cross into questionable territory- either legally or

Dark...  Jan 22 2014, 01:55:25 AM
^Yeah, I like to point out that the rest of the show never would have happened had Martha's brain not come undone.

If you're talking about the song specifically, well, you're right, it doesn't advance the plot- but neither do any of the other songs.

BARE  Jan 4 2014, 06:50:13 PM
The 2007 studio cast. It's the only complete recording.
Favorite songs with dominant cello  Dec 31 2013, 08:07:15 PM
The Dark I Know Well and Don't Do Sadness from Spring Awakening have really awesome cello parts.
When do scores/vocal selections normally get published?  Dec 27 2013, 04:23:19 PM
Hello, potentially stupid question:

I know it's probably different for every show, but when do the scores to shows normally get published? Is there a certain amount of time whoever is in charge of these things (I'm assuming the producers?) normally wait after a show opens/closes? I'd imagine that, like cast recordings, there are many scores that never get published- is that so, and if so, is it for financial reasons?

Like I said, this is probably a dumb question, but I couldn'

Musicals that could be animated...  Dec 27 2013, 01:01:09 AM
Once on This Island, Wicked, and Aida could all be really cool.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You