News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for greenguy211

Member Name: greenguy211
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frozen Headed to Broadway!
 Jan 13 2014, 12:53:49 PM
http://entertainment.time.com/2014/01/13/frozen-headed-to-broadway/
What musical should Meron and Zadan do next?
 Dec 10 2013, 11:12:22 PM
I think Dreamgirls could attract a lot of attention. It's not incredibly family-friendly but if they cast some stars in it I believe it could be pretty successful.
Carrie Underwood to Star in NBC's Live Broadcast of THE SOUND OF MUSIC
 Dec 4 2013, 07:18:49 PM
Does anyone know if NBC will be airing it on their website? And if not, will it then be available on the website after it airs?
Breaking: LES MISERABLES Announces First Wave of 2014 Broadway Cast - Ramin Karimloo, Will Swenson, Nikki M. James & Caissie Levy
 Dec 2 2013, 02:14:22 PM
Interesting to see Betsy Morgan in the ensemble. I assume she's Caissie's understudy.
Into the Woods Movie Cast
 Jun 19 2013, 06:58:56 PM
@finebydesign
Can you pm me the link also?

Smash Returns Feb 5
 Nov 2 2012, 05:26:18 PM
HumATune stated my thoughts exactly. I get that the story needs to be interesting enough but McPhee just doesn't have enough of a Broadway voice or acting ability to make me believe anyone would cast her in the lead of a Broadway musical without any prior Broadway or TV/film stardom.
Smash Returns Feb 5
 Oct 31 2012, 08:29:56 PM
I just think Katherine acts far too naive and innocent and it just comes off as fake. There's no way someone who acts like her would ever get into professional musical theatre. To make it big in that business you have to have a backbone. I don't think it's the writer's fault at all, though. I think the way she holds herself and the tone in her voice is way too innocent. The writing for everyone else's part is great and incredibly thought-provoking, especially Anjelica Houston's character.
Smash Returns Feb 5
 Oct 31 2012, 07:44:52 PM
Why does everyone have to be so negative about this show? No one is forcing you to watch it and personally, I find it incredibly entertaining. It's a much better musical TV show than Glee, in my opinion. I feel as though people feel the need the over analyze EVERYTHING these days. If you don't enjoy it, don't watch it and don't comment on it. The only problem I have with this show is Katherine McPhee but that's just my opinion. Otherwise I believe it is a very well written TV show even though it
Sister Act tour?
 Oct 31 2012, 07:34:05 PM
Does Hollis belt the end of Haven't Got a Prayer or speak-sing it?
Most versatile stage actors working today?
 Oct 23 2012, 04:48:58 PM
Laura Osnes and most definitely, Carolee Carmello.
Annie Preview Thread
 Oct 15 2012, 06:16:19 PM
Has Katie Finneran been improving?
ANNIE 1997 Revival?
 Oct 13 2012, 07:46:44 PM
If you search "Nell Carter Annie" on YouTube there's a Brittny Kissinger Montage that shows a small clip of Hannigan's new song.
ANNIE 1997 Revival?
 Oct 12 2012, 05:13:49 PM
Didn't mean to start anything Winston. I understand we are discussing theatre since this is a BROADWAY message board. It was a silly mistake. Relax.

ANNIE 1997 Revival?
 Oct 10 2012, 01:35:30 PM
I searched the boards to try to find a post that had any information about how the 1997 ANNIE revival was but couldn't find anything. Based on what I have heard about it, it wasn't very good. What was so bad about it? Was it badly casted?

Dream Revivals?
 Aug 1 2012, 09:18:09 PM
^I would pay lots of money to see Abby Lee Miller play Miss Hannigan.

I would also love to see THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE with:
Millie - Laura Osnes, Leigh Ann Larkin or Anneliese van der Pol
Jimmy - Aaron Tveit
Miss Dorothy - Erin Mackey
Mrs. Meers - Ann Harada
Muzzy - Capathia Jenkins or Da'Vine Joy Randolph
Peg Flannery - Patti LuPone (just for kicks)

The Little Mermaid in The Netherlands
 Jul 31 2012, 10:38:34 PM
I think the tentacle people could have worked if that's what they wanted but they kind of just look like dementors.
 Jul 31 2012, 03:09:25 PM
I kind of understand where he wanted to go but it's just all bad. Nothing is cohesive.
 Jul 31 2012, 12:08:30 PM
Okay, I take back what I said about the underwater set. The only part I like is the Part of That World sets.
If I were casting the film version of INTO THE WOODS...
 Jul 25 2012, 05:10:25 PM
I would be extremely upset if they decided to give every role to a Hollywood star. I feel like a show like this could be extremely successful without having a ton of stars in it. The story is marketable enough by itself and if they casted maybe one or two "stars" it could be a very successful film. Also, if Taylor Swift is even considered for the film I will be furious.
The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 25 2012, 03:59:15 PM
Does anyone have anything more to say about Gideon Glick's Jack? I'm interested to hear how he took on the character and whether people feel he does well playing it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You