News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theaterisdead

theaterisdead Profile Photo
Member Name: theaterisdead
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Will Phantom Ever Close?
 Jul 27 2012, 06:43:52 PM
It'll close. Of course, we'll all be dead then.
Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?
 Jul 27 2012, 06:41:46 PM
I find this whole discussion EXTREMELY fascinating. Like others are saying, there's not "box" for fans. I've worn many hats as a performer and a fan. I've stagedoored plenty. Not as often as I did as a teen, but I definitely gawked at Audra McDonald when I saw 'Porgy and Bess' the other day. I've also made (few, I'll admit, I can count the number on my hand) friends from actors I actually MET at the stagedoor. Years later, we still visit one another and keep in touch. Some have left the business
 Jul 26 2012, 01:09:58 PM
But are we talking about adults, or children? Children meaning sixteen year olds, because let's face it, those are children. Yes, times are hard, but I hope that young people can just enjoy a show and perhaps a stagedoor experience without worrying about how it'll affect their 'reputation' for years to come. It's wonderful you regard yourself so highly and that you fancy yourself such a well-educated, intelligent person. People are attracted to the stagedoor and the theater for all kinds of reasons.

And speaking of being hard-workers and not having so much time on our hands, funny how we all manage the time to constantly write on this silly message board despite our gloriously exciting, busy lives and jobs? I'm starting to think you and Miss James might be the same person.

Jul 26 2012, 01:01:25 PM
But who are these "kids" you keep referring to, and how do you know they haven't grown up and moved on if you're no longer in that scene? It seems like you still have some rage pent up. Like I said, you can't judge EVERYONE. Just because YOU had a bad experience doesn't mean that all the young fans from this point on are going to take it that far.

And it's certainly NOT fair, and also a little disgusting to judge someone's intelligence and work ethic based on what school they go to. N

Broadway twitter bashing
 Jul 26 2012, 01:50:16 AM
Reminds me of that thing between Lea Michele and the girl from Grey Gardens/Modern Family. Didn't apologize until there was backlash from fans.
Anything good at NYMF this year
 Jul 26 2012, 01:36:02 AM
True. But good performances. Definitely needs work, though.
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Jul 26 2012, 01:35:07 AM
Is it an open ended run at this point?
What's next for the Lunt-Fontanne?
 Jul 26 2012, 01:34:15 AM
I thought ITW was headed to the Hirshfield, if it extends?
Is it time to revive the forgotten Broadway custom of NOT commenting on shows in previews?
 Jul 26 2012, 01:33:31 AM
We can do it, just don't announce how much something sucked on twitter where all of your peers and fans can see it
 Jul 26 2012, 01:32:38 AM
Kelly 2, goodness, give it a rest. I've seen your posts about "crazy stagedooring" and while your points may be valid, you seem to be unnecessarily harsh and wayyy, bitter. It's unfair to generalize about certain fan's behavior, unless you know each and every one of these people personally? I've been lurking for years, and from what I recall from all of the history of these boards, not too long ago, you WERE one of "those" fans, and perhaps someone who didn't know any better would've said the sa
Anything good at NYMF this year
 Jul 26 2012, 01:23:01 AM
I enjoyed 'Trouble'!
Broadway twitter bashing
 Jul 26 2012, 01:22:09 AM
I do think it's silly that it was made a news headline on Playbill, though. Slow day is right...
The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 26 2012, 01:21:35 AM
I wonder how early people will be lining up after opening...I remember people getting in line the day BEFORE for Pacino.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You