News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Vellekoop

Vellekoop Profile Photo
Member Name: Vellekoop
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unpopular Opinions  Mar 4 2013, 11:15:38 AM
- I hated the Les Mis movie
- Except Aaron Tveit
- I think Stephen Sondheim is pretentious
- I hate RENT

Oh, and Hugh Jackman is the bane of my existence...

Auditioning for [title of show]  Feb 18 2013, 09:46:58 AM
Thanks so much for these suggestions. I was thinking about Ave Q, but one of the guys I did the show with is now the AD. I don't want to be 'that guy', if you catch my drift...
I might end up going with 'My Freeze Ray' from 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog'.

Auditioning for [title of show]  Feb 16 2013, 03:03:15 PM
Hey everyone!

Two of us are auditioning for a community theater production or [title of show]. What would be good songs to use as an audition piece?

There is one baritone (with some low tenor tendencies) and an alto.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

Shrek the Musical in German  Dec 5 2012, 02:34:04 PM
Dude, it's not that big of a deal. Yes, we hate ze Djermans; yes, we love kicking their tails in soccer, but come on. Whenever I talk Dutch, people tend to think I'm speaking German. They are both Germanic languages after all...
Going back to the topic: is that the same William that was on 'Wie Is De Mol'?

Student Rush Later in Day  Sep 25 2012, 01:50:32 PM
About four weeks ago we were still able to buy Rush tickets for Nice Work. Oh, did I mention that was at 5:45 pm? Front mezzanine...
Judy Greer, Josh Hamilton, & Jayne Houdyshell Join Katie Holmes & Norbert Leo Butz in DEAD ACCOUNTS!  Sep 8 2012, 03:11:01 PM
This show had me at "Norbert" and now I want to see it even more!
CHAPLIN Rush  Sep 8 2012, 03:09:17 PM
Thank you so much for that info! We're hoping to see it next week. This really helps.
CHAPLIN Rush  Sep 7 2012, 03:04:56 PM
I didn't even know you could look up grosses. Thank you for that tip!
And it's always appropriate to Bueller it. As you may recall, Ben Stein Buellered within seconds!

CHAPLIN Rush  Sep 7 2012, 01:47:34 PM
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Jeremy Jordan in Newsies  Aug 25 2012, 08:54:17 AM
I would just like to say that I am truly happy how quickly this thread went from "What shows is Jordan doing?" to "You're a big poopiehead." How very IMDb...
one man, two guvnors rush  Aug 24 2012, 12:46:14 PM
Got there at 10:30 last Sunday and all rush tickets were gone. I am so pissed at myself I missed it.
Jeremy Jordan in Newsies  Aug 18 2012, 11:49:14 PM
We saw it last night (Friday) and Corey Cott was playing the part of Jack. Let me tell you that he brought down the house. Phenomenal singer, great actor - can't wait to see what's next for him.

At first I was a bit disappointed that Jordan wasn't performing but then I heard Cott's voice and I was fine with it.

Whether you will see Jordan or Cott, you will see a show that will blow your mind.

Enjoy!

ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS: Even better the second time around!  Aug 2 2012, 11:09:31 AM
I am taking my girlfriend to New York in two weeks and this is at the top of our To Watch List.

GREAT Avenue Q line  Jul 31 2012, 08:50:22 AM
We used a few different lines during our run:

- Healthcare (huge response, especially after the Supreme Court ruling)
- Tom Cruise (right after the divorce)
- Glenn Beck
- This heat (during the heatwave)
- Our show (closing night)

However, Chick-fil-A got by far the biggest laugh and some people even stood up for that line in particular.

Young Broadway actresses too cool for stage door?  Jul 27 2012, 11:26:19 AM
When we went to see Jerusalem last year, we were hanging out by the stage door when Mackenzie Crook came out. I was chatting with him for a little bit when he asked me if I wanted him to sign anything. I was so caught up in the conversation that I didn't even think about it.
So I have the memory of chatting with Gareth from The Office and getting his autograph. Pretty successful day...

GREAT Avenue Q line  Jul 27 2012, 10:06:47 AM
Before you call MTI and the Dramatists Guild, please keep in mind that this particular line is one of two instances in which the authors give their explicit consent to update it and make it the production's own.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You