News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DawsonsCreek310

Member Name: DawsonsCreek310
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 28 2012, 03:09:02 AM
No, I'm sorry, we all have jobs and are expected to do them. An actor's job is to perform the material as written and do the choreography and staging as told by the creative team. A lack of rehearsal can constitute blame on the production and not the performers regarding technical and pacing issues, but even that doesn't make it any more right to expect an audience to sit through unfinished work being billed otherwise. As for the material, it's 25 years old! The only person responsible for memor
 Jul 28 2012, 02:39:05 AM
SPOILER ALERT

I don't exactly how it was staged in the Regent's production but she sees the giant coming, all the random ensemble members scatter all over the set, all of a sudden (and never explained) she comes out of either Rapunzel's tower with eyes or the Giant's mouth (both are absurd ideas) and then gets scared and falls to the ground essentially killing herself.

Jul 28 2012, 02:06:10 AM
Saw the show with a friend on Tuesday and returned again tonight.

Morgan James' tweet was bitchy... but it came from a very real and emotional place a lot of the audience felt on Tuesday night. My friend is a professional actress, as well as James, with national tours under her belt. She also has a pretty high tolerance for mediocre material... she likes everything. I'm the critic (obviously). Tuesday night was one of the most miserable nights at the theater both of us have spent in qui

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You