News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for behindthescenes2

Member Name: behindthescenes2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RCMH- Christmas Spectacular - MASKS not required!
 Dec 19 2021, 07:21:26 AM

I am referring to a specific show Radio City Hall Christmas Spectacular 

RCMH- Christmas Spectacular - MASKS not required!
 Dec 18 2021, 11:34:12 AM

Having worked this show for over 10 years, I can tell you that this all should be laid at the stagehands feet.  They insisted that they not work with masks, while the others had to do so.  I believe in unions but consistently with the stage hand union it is all about their convince and their paychecks before anything else.  Plus wardrobe staff did go to HR because of the fact that they did not warn the staff that staff had possible exposure, which is what they are required to d

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom
 Nov 22 2021, 07:35:56 AM

Bored to death, left after 15 minutes. And thought I am a fan of Garfield, I am not of Larson, and watered down La Boheme. 

DIANA Reviews
 Nov 21 2021, 09:39:40 AM

Wati...you mean that there is are critics who actually criticize?  What is the world coming to?  I mean, everyone seems to stand and applause the weakest of attempts, a buzzard ****, if you will, but to actually criticize something because it is terribly written, bland, grotesque in taste and has no point of value?  What is this new revolution?  No one is taking them to task for being negative and judgmental? 

Hmmm, how will they all live with themselves. 

Wicked in concert
 Aug 30 2021, 12:02:54 PM

well that was painful at best. all that screeching and everything sung in that stretched flat tone on the jaw - no real voices of interests all thin, no depth, no quality, 

The return of Spacey
 May 16 2021, 01:01:02 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/14/arts/kevin-spacey-anonymous-accuser.html

So as this river runs its course, there will probably be no doubt that he will eventually return to perform despite those who wish it not to be.  Considering ALL of the unscrupulous people that still work in theater and media, ie. producers, directors, costume designers, set designers, make up and hair designers, union supervisors, and yes the actors, to  punish one,  should be to punish all.  You would think that would happen, and yet, if you have worked in this industry as long as I have (30 plus) you know that will never be the case, especially having personally witnessed the tasks requested of others and me who were in power to do things that have have nothing to do with the job you were hired for, but if refused, there would be no job.  Rudin won't disappear, either and neither will the  theater owners, who have yet to bring backstage areas up to sufficient codes to protect the workers, and the directors, and producers and union supervisors who will continue to behave in this manner.  Enlightenment in regards to for a lack of better term, "being woke," is a phase a momentary pause. Money and the power it brings will always have its way, especially when objections or accusations are positioned to be he said/he said, she said/he said/ and all the pronouns that can be used in between.

NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison
 Dec 9 2020, 08:55:08 PM
Reminding me of Michael Jackson in The Wiz
NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison
 Dec 9 2020, 08:21:40 PM

Grinch portrayal to be bitter bitchy queen party of 1 because his hair, make up, and uh costume comes from community theater fire sale- no gravitas, no voice, no idea who this character is he is trying to portray and it’s slow and lazy and pick up the lines.

No

PS -Think Pink? Fail

Anna Netrebko contracts Covid
 Sep 17 2020, 07:35:19 PM
Exposing herself on purpose despite the warnings that she might encounter damage to her lungs and general health - she’s stupid.
Hope it was worth it.

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
 Sep 10 2020, 01:15:13 PM

<edited by BWW staff>> sometimes we as humans age 14, 24, 44, and 84 can make stupid choices in life and thus find ourselves in a situation that isn't the best.  Does it make it right for an "alleged" predator to take advantage of the situation? No.  And, should that prevent someone to come forward? No.  But you see herein lies the real rub, he said, and then he said or doesn't even remember and there are no valid and substantiated witne

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
 Sep 10 2020, 06:55:01 AM
No sympathy for Rapp other than he had issues long before age of 14 - thanks Mom and Dad. Rapps actions were opportunistic then and they are now. But at age 14 he thought he could handle men by putting himself deliberately in a situation to get this attention and then realized he was in over his head. Now, today, he’s doing it again just go home Anthony and stay there for once.
New York Times Dance Critic Reviews WSS
 Feb 25 2020, 02:49:22 PM

This reminds me of Lapine's "Annie" revival. He didn't like the musical and tried to re-write it and it did not work, so much so they scrapped the revival version and took the original on the road after the revival run.

It seems the same here.  Nothing wrong with revivals as long as directors love the musical that they choose to revive - revive, not rewrite.  Therefore, the simplest solution is to do your own new musical based on the same subject matter, wit

Tammy Grimes in 42nd Street
 Nov 5 2019, 08:42:48 PM

That west end production was about as bland and miscast as you can possibly aspire to. Boring and the singing was bland and boring. The best that can be said about the production was that the tap routines were neatly and cleanly executed.

THE LITTLE MERMAID LIVE! Discussion Thread
 Nov 5 2019, 08:40:09 PM
The answer to all of this is “No, please stop. Don't continue. She is terrible. The whole mix thing is badly done and really? No one can sing anymore? Must they all flatten the note -boring and meaningless. And, Michale Jackson jacket geez what a cluster...
Somebody took a flash photo of Audra and Michael's nude scene today
 Jul 24 2019, 07:40:18 PM
Are you sure it was a camera flash and a reflection from where she hides her most recent Tony, and lord knows not her last if the ridiculous tony voters have their way?
FRANKIE AND JOHNNY closes July 28th
 Jul 8 2019, 10:06:39 PM
Some people can run their course even tony winners and that goes for plays as well.
Renee Fleming sings "Danny Boy"
 Sep 4 2018, 12:30:53 PM

How about just sing the song - it's beautiful enough as it is - it doesn't need a fussy arrangement.  She scoops and slides - a clear indication that the vocal technique is harder and harder to keep up and in shape. That is why she made the right decision to wind-down the opera career.  Best leave now before it becomes more than apparent that the voice cannot negotiate the genre.  However, the tone of the voice is still beautiful to say the least.  But if you quest

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews
 Jul 27 2018, 08:45:26 AM

you could take the comment, "her - I mean them." as either, a self- correction because this is the first time according to the show, "a transgendered person stars in a leading role", or to the referencing "White Men," or to the fact that one character is "strangely attracted to her" that would be because of the middling of the characters sexual being.  Or, it could be as many of the offense brigade these days declares, that it was a off-the-cuff sn

NY Times Journalist's
 Jul 24 2018, 02:54:51 PM

it isn't foolishness and many, many performers have no say so in the design - it is laziness and inattentiveness and it is obvious when a critic feels compelled to comment upon it.  Just because a performer collaborates or says I want to look like  this or that, doesn't mean it's in the best interest of the character or the actor - get real.  It could be not wanting to be critical in a moment during the design process when it's easier to make the decision and ge

NY Times Journalist's
 Jul 24 2018, 10:28:09 AM

Okay so the NYT hired or assigned a writer that isn't necessarily sensitive or tactful. Yes the wonderful performer is large - as if that needed to be pointed out unless you are blind, in which case, after reading the review, even the blind now know this fact.  It doesn't need to be pointed out, she knows she is large, and so does the audience.  What does need to be pointed out is that the costume designer is untalented and unskilled at adapting styles to fit every body type

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You