News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Paciencia y fe

Paciencia y fe Profile Photo
Member Name: Paciencia y fe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What shows did you do in high school?  Sep 4 2017, 06:28:16 PM

I agree! Fun thread!

Our small HS in upstate NY alternated plays and musicals.

10th grade - Up the Down Staircase - Elizabeth

11th grade - The Sound of Music - (auditioned for the Baroness, but I can't sing) Postulant, Maid

12th grade - The Curious Savage - Miss Willie

Fun fact, I graduated with James Noone so our sets were AMAZING!

Bandstand Rush Reports  Sep 4 2017, 10:36:45 AM

I rushed Bandstand last Tuesday, 8/29. Got to the box office late, around 5, and was able to get Mezz, Row D, far left for $49. I may have missed some action on extreme stage right, but I don't think I missed much. An usher said I could move into any empty seat, but I didn't see any that looked better than the one I already had. The next day my daughter got to the box office at about the same time, but there weren't any rush tickets left. Probably because it was a 2

The ending of Humans  Nov 12 2016, 09:52:30 AM

I saw this last night.  I found the play riveting and the family dynamics very real, but left with so many questions because of where I was sitting.  My lottery win ticket was Row C, house far left.  I couldn't see anything that happened stage right (the window) or much of anything that happened upstage center first or second level.  That means I couldn't see what Erik was seeing through the open door.  It was very frustrating!  A

Sweeney Todd -- 1982 telecast -- why no Len Cariou?  Jul 7 2016, 10:38:36 PM

Imagine holding one of those bulky camcorders to record it! Nothing subtle or unobtrusive about those things!

How easy it to win the FUN HOME lottery now?  Jul 4 2016, 10:09:17 PM

I won for the matinee last Wednesday. The whole cast was in. One of the most memorable theatre experiences I've ever had.

Something Rotten rush  Jul 4 2016, 10:07:53 AM

Why not try having everyone in your group enter the lottery? We tried and, even though we didn't win, were able to purchase "lottery loser" tickets. Our seats in the mezzanine were great, full view of the stage.

Lullabies from musicals?  May 9 2016, 10:16:05 PM

"This Time Tomorrow" from Tom Sawyer.

"Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins (My daughter reminded me of this one.  I can't believe I didn't think of it right away!)

Show references in SomethingRotten!  Feb 8 2016, 09:26:32 AM

Thank you! 

There were so many references to other musicals, and they just kept on coming so fast!  I know I missed some.  Does anyone have a full list?  I'll start with some of the ones I remember:

Cats

Mary Poppins

Avenue Q

Les Miserables

South Pacific

Show references in SomethingRotten!  Feb 6 2016, 10:30:38 PM

I finally saw Something Rotten! today and loved the many references to other musicals.  Just wondering, do they have to pay royalties for singing a few bars of songs from other shows?

Cast changes due to BrodadwayCon?  Jan 18 2016, 02:55:59 PM

A friend and I were planning to head to the city this Saturday to see some shows, and then my daughter reminded me that it's BroadwayCon weekend.  Do you think there will be fewer principals performing if they are involved in the convention?  I haven't seen a complete list of participants so I'm not even sure which shows might be affected. I'm thinking maybe we should just wait a week to avoid the craziness.

Motherstruck  Dec 28 2015, 09:07:19 AM

I'm also wondering if anyone has seen this show recently.  Are there still discounts available?

Sylvia Rush/Lottery  Nov 12 2015, 01:59:08 PM

Our rush tickets on Tuesday were house right, front row.  The man in the box office said the seats were full view.  I had a little difficulty seeing some of the action, particularly when Sylvia was down on the floor.

Songs That Have Moved You To Tears  Sep 5 2015, 01:53:27 PM

"Slipping Through My Fingers" from Mamma Mia.

Also, from the 2013 Tony Awards opening number, the line "...And we might reassure that kid. Or do something to spur that kid,. 'Cause I promise you all of us up here tonight, we WERE that kid...." really got to me.

Shows you have seen in foreign languages  Jan 5 2015, 01:15:58 PM
Evita in Spanish (Madrid)
Newsies Tour Ticket Lottery  Dec 13 2014, 08:03:38 AM
There was a lottery during the performances in Schenectady, NY
Is the Newsies tour worth $85 to $95?  Nov 2 2014, 09:35:42 AM
On the subject of whether or not the tickets are worth the cost, I saw the show at its start at Proctors in Schenectady and thought it was outstanding. They did have a lottery. Perhaps you should look into that possibility.
Andrea Martin is Back in PIPPIN Tomorrow!  Sep 6 2014, 06:28:54 PM
Our rush tickets were in the mezzanine, Row A, far right of the house, behind the box. We couldn't see anything happening stage left, like the "talking head". It was worse for the folks in the last row of the box. They ended up standing for most of the show.
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 6 2014, 08:56:06 AM
Yesterday I got my signed Playbill and a lovely note from Priscilla Lopez. My daughter and I saw her final Wednesday matinee performance in Pippin. She didn't come out to sign at stage door so I decided to mail my Playbill to her. I knew I was taking a chance sending it so close to when she was leaving the show. I'm glad that it arrived in time and I'm thrilled that she was kind enough to sign the Playbill and also include a personal note.
The Fantasticks, Saturday 2/1 matinee  Jan 31 2014, 06:45:12 PM
Does anyone know if Cathryn Salamone will be performing at tomorrow's matinee? Also, what is the availability of 20at20 tickets for that show?
Musing on BARNUM  Jan 7 2014, 09:06:11 PM
I also saw Jim Dale and Glenn Close. My Mom and I didn't know anything about the show and took a recommendation from someone in line at the TKTS booth. I totally agree with South Fl Marc's description of Glenn Close's performance as "beautifully subtle." I remember being very impressed with Jim Dale's versatility as a performer, especially his tightrope walking. Just a sweet show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You