News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for deborahfan

Member Name: deborahfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jekyll & Hyde (Broadway Previews!)
 Apr 29 2013, 02:19:59 PM
I was sitting in the front row. It was filled. So I don't know when you looked. I was not roaming around the back, hunting for empty seats. And I also took a picture. It was pretty damn full. Oh, and I also went to see the afternoon matinee of Newsies. OMG. There were some empty seats! I bet it's going to close!
 Apr 27 2013, 04:44:22 PM
Now I know half of you make some of this stuff up. I saw this show last night and to say it was empty is a complete lie. Most of the orchestra section was filled. Yes, spotty in some places towards the back and no, not every single seat was filled. Mezzanine looked good through the center but not so much on the sides. That is a huge theater. If this show were playing at one of the other theaters with less seats, it would be sold out. So get your facts straight. Just because you hate it doesn't
JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
 Apr 19 2013, 12:13:48 PM
"Deborahfan- of those three reviews, the Daily News one is mixed, the Theatremania one is favorable, and the NY Times is undoubtedly negative- it ends with, "A cursory reading of the libretto gives rise to yet another urgent question. Do the clichés in the lyrics outnumber the exclamation points, or vice versa? But I’m afraid I’d rather leave that one to those with a deeper interest in textual analysis of Frank Wildhorn musicals," for god's sake."

All I'm saying is, all any of you were

JEKYLL & HYDE Reviews
 Apr 19 2013, 07:13:53 AM
No surprise here, but you left out the good reviews. I'm sure it was only an accident.:)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/jekyll-hyde-theater-review-article-1.1319707#ixzz2QsJ8BuTY

"This revival’s stars make the music shine. Maroulis, an “American Idol” runnerup and a “Rock of Ages” Tony nominee, tackles Jekyll and Hyde with pipes roaring. He knows how to build drama in a song and makes the familiar “This Is the Moment” fresh. He impresses."

http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-city-theater/reviews/04-2013/jekyll-and-hyde_64932.html

"Maroulis brings an appropriate tenderness to Jekyll that makes his transformation to Hyde, here portrayed like a nightmarish version of Slash from Guns N' Roses, all the more jarring. Expectedly, both actors bring the house down with their powerful voices, delivering some very challenging music as if it were effortless. American idol-bred Maroulis seems to especially revel in Wildhorn's glory notes: This is the role he was born to play."

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/theater/reviews/frank-wildhorns-jekyll-hyde-at-the-marquis-theater.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Mr. Maroulis meets the throat-thrashing challenges of Mr. Wildhorn’s score with aplomb, his high-reaching pop tenor evincing little strain when rising to the piercing climaxes. I was also impressed by Mr. Maroulis’s quietly intense performance as the obsessive Dr. Jekyll."

"I’ll cop to a happy goosepimple or two as Mr. Maroulis and Ms. Cox let loose during their impassioned solo songs."

Yes, folks, some of the critics actually liked it and the house was 90.5% full. Too bad, so sad for all of you.

Apr 17 2013, 07:05:10 PM
This is so laughable, you people who say that anyone who likes this play has some agenda, when those of you who hate it can't say one nice word. Some of you have nothing good to say and that is fine, but it is so evident that you have such a closed mind. Get a grip. It's entertainment. You hate the show. Nobody in it has any talent. The sets suck. Wildhorn sucks, Calhoun sucks, Constantine sucks. We get it. Move on. If you want people to post on this board, then stop attacking everyone
 Apr 11 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Could we get back to just talking about the show in an honest way and stop bashing each other and calling names? It's just a show, not the end of the world. I bet we might even have some interesting opinions to pass along.

Someone here said they would go see Nathan Lane in anything. I saw "Adams Family," with high expectations. Beebee N in it, too. I didn't think it could fail. I didn't hear one good song and I thought they completely ruined the play, because where was the fun rel

Apr 7 2013, 01:50:06 AM
News flash. Cuccioni and Eder are not in this show . The show is different and the sets are different and if you can't live with that, then I suggest you go see something else.

I also fully expect the critics to hate this, since Wildhorn can't seem to please them no matter what he does. I read reviews while this show was on tour. One critic said Maroulis couldn't act or sing and the next person said he was so good he is sure to win a Tony. Bottom line is, they don't know anymore than

Jekyll & Hyde
 Sep 9 2012, 08:09:46 AM
Somebody had an extra ticket at the last minute, so I got to go last night. Never heard of the play or heard the music. I always liked Deborah Cox so it was a treat to see her. I don't know what all the flack is about because I thought she was wonderful! And what a surprise Constantine Maroulis was! Handsome and a great voice. I liked the set but then I don't know what it should have looked like. I didn't see anything go wrong, but I sure am not an authority on anything. I just know I li
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You