News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for heytravistravis

heytravistravis Profile Photo
Member Name: heytravistravis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Elaine Stritch At Liberty At The Simon?  Jul 23 2014, 08:44:34 AM
The whole video of Elaine Stritch at Liberty is on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15a5jz6J0lM

Only four musical revivals?  Dec 28 2013, 02:45:28 PM
I was looking at the current Broadway season and could only count four musical revivals happening (Cabaret, Hedwig, Les Mis, and Violet). Two of them have never been on Broadway before, and the others were seen fairly recently.

How many nominations will there be then for Best Musical Revival at the Tony Awards?

Fun Home just extended again!  Nov 12 2013, 07:40:37 PM
You can go to the box office and get $25 tickets in advance, best way to get tickets if going in person is possible.
Ethel Merman Surprise  Sep 25 2013, 08:25:35 PM
Very happy I watched this.
Nice find!

Glass Menagerie first preview  Sep 8 2013, 10:01:07 PM
I saw the show this afternoon (did I really miss Bernadette Peters?!) and unfortunately I didn't have the experience everyone else seems to be talking about.

Without going into cruel details, my main issue is I felt like everyone on stage was "acting" too much; and I was hugely disappointed no one actually went onto the beautiful fire escape.
Going into the theatre I had the highest of expectations, but couldn't get into the production at all.
I'm totally willing to see it again

August Wilson's American Century Cycle at the Greene Space  Sep 2 2013, 06:41:58 PM
Does anyone know where these will be available to watch after they stream?
Lucy Thurber's Five Play Cycle  Sep 2 2013, 05:27:21 PM
For $35 I got a student pass, which comes to $7 a play, and this is probably the best non-papering deal I've ever seen. I've picked out the dates to see each of the five plays and I'm very excited.

I saw Scarcity this Saturday and was completely amazed and pleased with what I saw. The set was unbelievably detailed and realistic. The performances, including a prepubescent girl were all touching and thrilling to watch.

The premise reminded me a tad of Matilda, but the story was c

'Playbill' is no longer the official progam cover for SHN!  Sep 2 2013, 04:41:47 PM
Last week I asked my boss at the York Theatre (Off-Broadway theatre in NYC) why they made their own programs instead of getting Playbills. She said that it was because the printers needed all the show information months in advance; and the cost wasn't an issue, just time.

Maybe this is just because the theatre is relatively small, but I'm curious to know what a unit of Playbills cost to print.

Matilda SRO/Vanya Rush  Aug 14 2013, 08:40:03 PM
My best recommendation is get in line for Matilda at around eight.
Any Rush for NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1912?  Aug 11 2013, 12:51:44 AM
Has anyone tried rushing?
I'd like to go tomorrow and want to know how early to get there

The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center  Aug 10 2013, 12:18:51 PM
I am so pleased that this is going to be recorded, that beautiful set and Nathan's performance need to be documented.

PlayItAgain, those other productions have a way to get to audiences past the specific runs this year e.g. movie adaptions, regional productions
And this production probably doesn't, plus it's Nathan Lane.

Signed up for tickets and my fingers are crossed.

FIRST DATE - Previews  Jul 18 2013, 11:32:10 PM
Glad to hear from some people that the show is improving.
I've been thinking that it would be great if this show sticks around and can be marketed to the Rock of Ages audience. It may not be a masterpiece, but it's an original musical that's very accessible.

To me, if the previews go correctly, there could be a decent run, bringing new people to Broadway. And I'd be so happy to tell non theatre people that they would love to see this show, and have such a nice time.

Godspells Uzo Aduba in new Netflix series Orange Is The New Black  Jul 14 2013, 12:56:33 AM
Uzo is wonderful, the show is great, and the way it tells a trans woman's story is pretty groundbreaking.
FIRST DATE - Previews  Jul 14 2013, 12:54:15 AM
I saw the sixth preview tonight, and I happily say that the show really didn't suck.
I had a pretty lovely time at this 90 minute one act.

I'm pretty confident that in previews the writers can fix some of the subpar lyrics. Speaking to one of the producers afterward he told me the "Google" number would be going through major revisions to include Facebook and other more relevant things.

Zachary Levi is pretty fantastic, with a lovely stage presence and that 11 o'clock number

Let's raise a glass to LaChiusa--his satire at the Tonys was the higligjht  Jun 10 2013, 05:44:19 PM
I'd give that whole number and Lachuisa a big round of applause. I thought it was clever and poked enough fun at the Broadway actors who sadly don't succeed on TV. Maybe Gerard Alessandrimi can write something next year!
Shorter Shakespeare in the Park running times?  Jun 8 2013, 04:16:21 PM
I noticed this year that both of the shows at the Delacorte are 90 minute one-acts, while last year Into the Woods and As You Like It ran for 2.5+ hours.
I remember noted at Into the Woods last year at intermission how the first act was about 90 minutes.

Is it just coincidence that both of the shows this year are quite short compared to last year's epic running time?

Plays about teenagers/young adults  Jun 8 2013, 04:07:15 PM
Lone Star (one act)
The Innocents' Crusade
The Dream of the Burning Boy

Rylance's 12th Night and Richard III to play Broadway...  Jun 8 2013, 04:00:00 PM
I'm totally intrigued by this $25 ticket option, and I hope more productions do the same in the future. Also I hope they are easily available. I'd assume that if they're already blocking off inexpensive tickets, they would be less rush tickets, which is difficult.

Plays are indeed looking good, I'm glad there's more "classical looking" Shakespeare on Broadway, as opposed to Macbeth which was so modernized.

Ticket prices up and attendance down?  May 27 2013, 10:11:45 AM
This article talks about the painful fact that attendance of Broadway shows are going down while ticket prices go up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/broadway-attendance-drops-6-article-1.1355325

What do you think needs to happen so average ticket prices go down?

Any Rush for NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1912?  May 26 2013, 04:47:04 PM
I'm really hoping they announce some sort of rush, I don't know how else I'd get to see it. I'd be fine paying like $20 and not getting food, the show itself is what I'm interested in.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You