News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FoscasBohemianDream

FoscasBohemianDream Profile Photo
Member Name: FoscasBohemianDream
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Worst Revival Ever
 Dec 3 2006, 04:12:30 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the dreadful revival of Once Upon A Mattress starring a miscast Sara Jessica Parker and an incredibly talented Jane Krakowski in a pedestrian role.
The 2001 revival of Follies is probably the most disappointing revival I have seen, especially after hoping the marvelous Papermill production would transfer, to get such a lackluster revival at the Roundabout has been one of the biggest letdowns in my theatregoing experience.

re: Michael Musto's Tony Predictions
 Nov 29 2006, 12:03:35 AM
Karen Ziemba will be a strong competition in the Featured actress category. She definitely steals the show, actually, I've stated before that her role feels more leading than Monk; her star turn in the Act I finale is mind-blowing and proves how she is one of the best triple-threats on Broadway at the time.

re: Michael Musto's Tony Predictions
 Nov 28 2006, 10:49:45 PM
The only reason people are drawing comparisons between Monk and Merman is because the sub-plot involving Monk's character in Curtains has to do with a mother-daughter relationship somewhat reminiscent of Gypsy.
As I've said before, Monk's role is not a leading role in the way Ebersole, Brown, Bock, Bundy, Murphy, Chenoweth, and McDonald are. That is mainly because Curtains is an ensemble-driven piece much in the same way The Drowsy Chaperone is (not to start drawing comparisons between the t

re: Color and Light - Sunday in the Park with George Love
 Nov 28 2006, 10:24:05 PM
I highly doubt Company will still be running by the time Sunday in the Park with George transfers, if it is then I really doubt they'll be competing for the audience, while both are Sondheim shows they have nothing much in common, specially since the concept each revival has is so different from the one another.
I can hardly wait to see the revival, I was hoping Jane Krakowski would play Dot but unless the show runs while she's in a between-season break from "30 Rock," she won't be able to d

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/26/2006
 Nov 28 2006, 12:49:36 AM
I'm very much surprised that attendance for Little Dog Laughed has not picked up, the show in a way reminds me of Souvenir, in that Souvenir transferred based on a unanimously praised performance by the leading actress that never managed to find an audience on Broadway. The difference is that I find Little Dog Laughed much more accessible to a Broadway audience and the show also features names that should be somewhat known to tourists and theatre-goers.
I'm even more surprised that Spring A

re: Songs for a funeral/memorial?
 Nov 28 2006, 12:39:52 AM
The choice that first comes to mind is "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel or along that note "No One Is Alone" from Into the Woods. If you want to go for something more somber you can sing "Time Heals Everything"--Bernadette Peters performed this number at the Tonys as a tribute to her late co-star Robert Preston the year he passed.
re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
 Nov 25 2006, 05:05:41 AM
RentBoy, LoveMusik does not have an original score, it will feature the songs of Kurt Weill which are brilliant and exquisite, plenty of them written for the stage, most of them cabaret standards. So the score is most likely going to be one of the best things about the show. Donna Murphy has gotten glowing reviews in just about every Broadway show in which she has had a major role (though she got mixed reviews for her Tony Award-winning turn in the 1996 revival of The King & I) and Michael Cerve
 Nov 24 2006, 08:18:39 PM
With the addition of LoveMusik to the 2006-2007 season, it is very likely that Mary Poppins, High Fidelity, Legally Blonde, and The Pirate Queen get snubbed from the Best Musical race. One of those fours will be competing for the 4th slot in the Best Score category that LoveMusik will be ineligible for.
 Nov 24 2006, 08:15:47 PM
Curtains
Grey Gardens
LoveMusik
Spring Awakening

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/2006
 Nov 20 2006, 04:05:41 PM
Usually a show's gross takes a dive on opening night week because of all the comps it has to give out; however, the percentage capacity was somewhat mediocre since this show was expected to be Disney's biggest hit since The Lion King.
re: Favorite Song from Company
 Nov 20 2006, 04:03:42 PM
"Barcelona," it manages to say so much about Robert using interrupted phrases and monosyllables. Great number.
re: FOLLIES 'update'
 Nov 20 2006, 12:02:27 AM
I'm really intrigued to know who they'll be casting as Ben since according to ATC they are going for a "big" name. I'm terribly delighted to hear that Murphy will indeed be playing Phylis.
re: 2007 Leading Actor in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders
 Nov 19 2006, 07:38:56 PM
From all the bad buzz associated with High Fidelity , it'd be a surprise if Will Chase got a nomination. My money and hopes are on David Hyde Pierce who provides one of the funniest and enthusiastic performances I have ever seen on the stage in Curtains .
re: 2007 Leading Actor in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders
 Nov 19 2006, 04:29:51 PM
Most people/critics predicted Jim Dale would win in the Best Featured Actor category last year, Hoff was a surprise.
re: Melanie Grifiths Chicago
 Nov 19 2006, 04:12:59 AM
My main problem with her was not so much her voice, but she just did not know how to command the stage. I agree with Brantley in that Griffiths nailed Roxie's insecurities and incredible vulnerability on stage. However, she just did not know how to conduct herself on a Broadway stage, she did not know what to do with her hand, and I often found myself staring at some cute guy in the ensemble instead of paying attention to her "Roxie" or "Me and My Baby" (the latter one performed with a terrible
re: What show do you think was overall the most misreviewed?
 Nov 19 2006, 04:08:31 AM
Ragtime got a very mixed (undeserved) review on the New York Times when it opened.
I thought Mary Poppins received just the kind of reviews it deserved, it is a mediocre somewhat crowd-pleasing show, nothing else, nothing more.
I may be wrong but I've often read Ken Mandelbaum's complains about Dreamgirls getting less-than-stellar reviews from critics who thought the show was too much spectacle and not much heart. The only review I've read of the show was the NY Times rave that compared

re: 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders
 Nov 18 2006, 08:59:15 PM
It's "Kristin," "Christine," and "now."
re: 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders
 Nov 18 2006, 05:40:25 PM
Monk will not be considered featured, her name is listed above the title along with Hyde Pierce and while her role does feel like a feature role her part (not to mention her spectacular acting) is beefy enough to be considered for the Best Leading Actress category.
Ashley Brown reviews were lukewarm and not worthy of a Tony nod in a season with so many star turns by other great actresses in better roles.
Oh, and it's "Donna" not "Doona"

re: Cover Art for NEW 2-disc Special Edition DREAMGIRLS - OBC Recording!
 Nov 18 2006, 01:58:01 PM
I was hoping for "Heavy" and/or Effie's full version of "One Night Only," but like BobbyBubby said "It's All Over" is worth buying the album alone.
re: Company 1995 Revival?
 Nov 18 2006, 01:26:59 PM
According to Scott Ellis and Sondheim, John N. Harts asked for certain changes in the production before a transfer, apparently every time Ellis changed something Harts would ask for another change. Ellis and Sondheim both said that the only reason this happened was because Harts was not able to raise the necessary capital to transfer the show for a commercial run. Harts argues that Ellis and Sondheim are lying and that the only reason the show did not transfer was because Gaines was not replaced
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You