News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NewPhilosophy

NewPhilosophy Profile Photo
Member Name: NewPhilosophy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Free Ticket contest to American Psycho
 May 23 2016, 09:40:21 AM

What is a referral penalty?

Please help Aussie theatre lovers
 Feb 28 2016, 11:58:04 PM

Something Rotten does a front row rush-- you can't see their feet or all the way backstage, so it is considered "partial view" but it's still a great view for the price!

Lights Of Broadway Trading Cards
 Feb 28 2016, 09:26:36 PM

Does anyone have info on what cards are in the next set, or the release date?

Playbills for Sale
 Feb 14 2016, 10:02:18 PM

I think your several prices just aren't realistic.  On a quick search of eBay, I found:

- Chaplin for $5.50 
- First Date (Playbill plus flyer) for $7 [Playbill alone= $5.50)
- Ghost (Playbill + postcard) for $7
- Leap of Faith for $5.50
- Little Women for $5.50
- Pippin for $8
- Porgy and Bess for $6, with a flyer

...and then I got a bit bored looking up random shows. But all the shows I looked up (those above) were cheaper-

Feb 14 2016, 09:41:10 PM

Feb 14 2016, 09:39:11 PM

I have a set of the limited edition cards released for Broadway Con.  I'm currently only looking for Summer cards as I have just completed my Autumn set!  Yay!!  PM if you have any summer to trade. :) 

bway_fanatic- I just saw your PM but was unable to respond because it said you don't accept PMs. Sorry for the delay responding since I hadn't logged in for a while, but I don't have any of the summer cards for trade.  Good luck!

<

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jan 3 2016, 04:35:46 PM

Is there a website/blog that lists which shows/casts require a BC/EFA donation? I tried to find an up-to-date list but only found blogs dating from when Newsies was still running.

Here is one: http://loliveve.tumblr.com/faq [I think it is by the user of the same name on this board??]

Dec 24 2015, 03:54:35 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Most of these just make me think of how bad caricatures have gotten. What percentage of actors could you name just by seeing the image?"

WOOOW. That's rude. Can you do caricatures? Besides, in my opinion, the quality of these is VASTLY better than the portraits Sardis has been unveiling.  I love the style, especially the artwork for shows.  But, to each his own...

Nov 13 2015, 12:45:18 AM

Tommy Romano- you are aware this thread is called "who have you gotten stuff back from"? not "who have I sent to in hopes to get stuff back"... right?

elphie- just send to the theatre, like this:

Lin-Manuel Miranda
c/o "Hamilton"
Richard Rodgers Theatre
226 W 46th St
New York, NY 10036

Sep 24 2015, 10:43:55 PM

^ THANK YOU! :)

Sep 24 2015, 10:17:41 PM

@delongpre- They are (I think) still available at the Shubert Alley Theatre shop and it's sister store.  The artist sent me a message on Facebook when I asked about them and said he would definitely be at the Flea market with a table, and thought he would have packets, some individual cards, and some autographed cards for sale. But, he may have a per-person limit on the number of packets that can be bought.  

James Corden joins the Phantom of the Opera touring company as the Phantom* for one night only!
 Sep 24 2015, 08:59:15 PM

These are so great!! Thanks for sharing the video links!

Sep 24 2015, 08:55:46 PM

Could anyone please tell me how much the packets cost?  (I am hoping to get some at the Broadway flea market since the artist told me they would be for sale there.)

Thank you!

Jul 30 2015, 11:40:21 PM

azeller- I still haven't received my Something Rotten Playbill either. At this point I'm starting to worry that the cast may actually change before they get signed and sent.

Jul 29 2015, 10:07:35 PM

NewsiesForever- for Curious Incident... send to the stage manager. Send a BC/EFA donation if you want todo so... it's not required by this show's management/cast except during collection periods.  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/26/15
 Jul 27 2015, 10:55:01 PM

Philly- I've been here a year and a half longer than you. But, unlike you, I don't feel the need to comment on everything.  

I just read a lot and learn a lot from those who have the opportunity to see more shows than I do and who have shared wonderful stories about their experiences with shows-- whether they are from working on one or from seeing a production.

Patti LuPone's Top Five Rules of Theatre Etiquette
 Jul 27 2015, 10:28:12 PM

This is GREAT. I wish it could be distributed before every show by Telecharge and Ticketmaster in their event reminders.  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/26/15
 Jul 27 2015, 10:23:10 PM

Philly- maybe if you spent less time driving everyone here crazy and more time away from a computer, you'd have heard of the shows Taye Diggs has been in on TV.

NEWSIES Tour Fall 2014
 Jul 27 2015, 10:09:22 PM

Bumping to ask: Does anyone have an extra program from the show in Cleveland?  

(I would ask on the Cleveland board but it seems to be inactive.)

Something Rotten! cast-signed Playbill
 Jul 25 2015, 06:57:49 PM

I was just wondering if anyone who requested a cast-signed playbill AND made a donation to BC/EFA has received a Playbill?

I guess I'm a bit concerned since the show opened in April... and it's now almost August.  It's a bit mystifying to me. Just wondering if perhaps my donation was lost, or if others are still waiting. 

Thanks for any info!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You