News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mb87

Member Name: mb87
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beauty and the Beast
 Mar 8 2017, 05:30:29 PM

sent you a private DM - degrassifan 

Bobby Cannavale joins ANNIE (film) cast
 Aug 20 2013, 11:07:06 AM
I could care less if the cast was white, black, purple or blue [nice try though pulling the race card]. I just think if a show is doing an adaptation of a musical try and keep the plot and songs intact.

With that said, interesting point about 'Cabaret'. I guess it's just different since Annie was the reason I even got into musicals as a child. Just shares a special place in my heart.

Bobby Cannavale joins ANNIE (film) cast
 Aug 19 2013, 11:00:06 PM
I thought Rooster, too. But, alas, this film continues to disappoint one after the other. I guarentee they will keep maybe 1 or 2 songs from the show, and still call it "Annie". Whether or not it will have the same plot? I'm going with definitely not. CUT the Annie songs and rename the main character and call it "The Orphan Musical" it's just not Annie.
Lilla Crawford to depart ANNIE in July...
 Jul 1 2013, 01:19:09 PM
We all knew she would be leaving at some point. I guess we all just assumed it would have been after AT LEAST a year. With that said, we get to have her amazing performance captured on the recording and various youtube videos. She's right up there with Andrea McArdle.
Annie From Script to Stage
 Jun 27 2013, 05:29:47 PM
yes, but the character of Annie IS the show. It's like making a special on The Phantom of the Opera and not having the phantom. It's not a valid point you're making.
Annie From Script to Stage
 Jun 27 2013, 02:56:48 PM
one bizarre thing is that Lilla Crawford is not in the project. How do you do a documentary on 'Annie' without Annie?
Into the Woods Movie Cast
 Jun 25 2013, 06:03:34 PM
I wonder what age they are going for in regards to Red Riding Hood. I assume if Jack is being played by a youngster so will 'Hood'. Maybe Lilla Crawford?
What was wrong with the new Annie Revival??
 Jun 21 2013, 07:23:39 PM
The accents and choreography [or lack thereof] seems to be the biggest problem with the show.

Lilla Crawford is fantastic in it, and as a previous poster mentioned she will definitely have a broadway career ahead of her. I'm just sad she won't be taking the role on the tour.

Tomorrow's Riedel: Cameron Mackintosh to revive MISS SAIGON, BARNUM, and OLIVER!
 Jun 19 2013, 12:05:03 AM
I saw 'Oliver' when it came to Los Angeles a few years ago. It was long and the actors all seemed very bored. I don't think we need an Oliver revival yet...
Annie 20th Anniversary Revival Casting Controversy
 Jun 17 2013, 12:31:39 AM
It was how they went behind everyone's back and rehearsed Brittny. If Joanna wasn't working in the role they should have figured it out during the rehearsal period.
Who will replace Jane Lynch?
 Jun 16 2013, 09:30:21 PM
Seems like they still could get a ton of B list [if not C list] stars to come in to make it through the holidays.

I wonder if they will do stunt casting for Grace at all? Any pop star/American Idol runner-up could easily also play alongside a named Hannigan.

I figured the show would close once Lilla got another show.

Annie 20th Anniversary Revival Casting Controversy
 Jun 16 2013, 09:27:30 PM
if ANY of that was the case, the producers did NOT let the public know, and it came off as very shady. It destroyed the run on Broadway.
Who will replace Jane Lynch?
 Jun 14 2013, 02:52:02 PM
Is it just continually losing money? Is that why everyone assumes it'll close? I always figured they got 1 or 2 more 'star names' for Hannigan before it closed. I figured they'd make it through the holiday season, and wrap up in the New Year. Guess everyone seems to say the shows done with.
Annie OBC footage?
 Jun 13 2013, 06:33:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU2ZaaDQOag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzi3zDJR9Bc

ANNIE 2012 Cast Album digital release today
 May 28 2013, 06:19:49 PM
The OBC recording is flawless, but I am very happy to have Lilla's versions of 'Maybe' and 'Tomorrow' she's a great follow-up to McArdle.

I would recommend this cast recording ANY DAY over the horrendous 30th recording. I think my ears bleed when that Annie "sings".

Thanks shout!

New Broadway Cast Recordings
 May 26 2013, 09:32:46 PM
Murder Ballad is $8.99 on Amazon in 2 days :]
Annie first listen!
 May 21 2013, 07:04:39 PM
Entertainment Weekly is not only streaming Kinky Boots, but just released ANNIE

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/21/annie-broadway-jane-lynch-album-exclusive/

Ghostlight pre-orders
 May 21 2013, 06:46:37 PM
LOVE dogfight - just bought Giant - excited to listen to it!

I have Cinderella - very cute album.

ANNIE Cast Album available at the Palace Theatre May 7
 May 17 2013, 11:30:06 AM
lachlanw88 -

got me all excited! They are not up on amazon. :[

UPDATE: *they are in the MP3 section*

JANE LYNCH in ANNIE Tonight!
 May 16 2013, 11:18:21 PM
I'm assuming Lilla goes on vocal rest every few days. She seems to ALWAYS be out. Taylor is one lucky understudy - she seems to go on more than Lilla. Although, Taylor screams compared to Lilla's beautiful voice
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You