News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Vectorbabe

Member Name: Vectorbabe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What are your favourite opening numbers?
 Jan 10 2017, 11:23:40 AM

Chorus Line

Carousel Waltz

Oklahoma (Oh What a Beautiful Morning)

Guys and Dolls

Gypsy transferring
 Nov 26 2016, 02:54:13 PM

I would love a revival of "Marathon 33". It got overshadowed by the movie "They Shoot Horses, Don't They" but it was a great show.

Talkin' Broadway All That Chat
 Nov 18 2016, 11:29:38 AM

It's the rules. The moderator is definitely not moderate.

Help Pick 2 Shows!
 Nov 18 2016, 11:28:02 AM

If you're into Broadway and a lot of inside humor, Something Rotten. More than Fiddler.

Showtunes that currently describe your life's situation
 Nov 18 2016, 11:22:47 AM

Good times and Trump times,

I've seen 'em all and my dear I'm still here.

I'm still here.

Obama sometimes, sometimes just Hilary's tear

but I'm here

I've read the mailers with the news

Seen Morning Joe give all the clues

Seen all of our dreams disappear

But I'm here

I've gotten through Christie and Rudy and Bloomberg

Gee that was fun and a half

When you've been Christie an

Musicals Most People Like, But You Don't
 Nov 10 2016, 02:38:26 PM

THANK YOU!!! I'm always loathe to admit I don't like Wicked, Hamilton, and Phantom.

I would also add Spring Awakenings.

Grease Live! Official Thread
 Feb 2 2016, 10:43:39 AM

"Vector,  at the time did you go for Sandy, Rizzo, Marty, Frenchie, Jan or Patty?"

I was totally Patty, but too overweight to be a cheerleader or a "kilty" (the second team of chearleaders).

I was into theatre, audio club, radio club, and the student council. OMG, do schools still have "radio" clubs?

James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
 Feb 2 2016, 10:36:01 AM

He's a good choice. Not the best. But a good choice. And he serves CBS's purposes to increase his visibility.

Feb 2 2016, 10:34:45 AM

Carlos,

Not only am I old enough to have seen the show in 1972. I'm old enough to remember 1959 and greasers.

Stan Freberg United States of America
 Feb 2 2016, 10:13:41 AM

I didn't realize Stan Freberg passed away last year. Does anyone else feel it's time for the Freberg estate to get the rights back from whoever owns them for the two albums "Stan Freberg Presents the United States of America"?

It could be mounted at a small theatre with the same sort of small cast that was used on the albums.

I really want to see how "Mumble, mumble, mumble. Mutiny, mutiny, mutiny." is done.

Trivia story: Freberg was at a gat

Feb 2 2016, 10:08:27 AM

I remember sitting in the orchestra for the original Gypsy and listening to the overture. I told my mother that the music from the show was going to be a big hit. She disagreed. My mother was wrong!!!

Feb 2 2016, 10:06:16 AM

Best overture I ever heard was the opening for Fiorello! The fire siren joke may have been lost on younger audiences, but older people got it and loved it!

Also, at Broadway Con, one of the guys on the making a cast album panel told us that he had an overture written for the cast album of a show. (Name escapes me.) He just felt that the album needed a special opening that the first number didn't provide.

That was one of the tidbits of info that made that panel exceptional. (Go

Fox's next live musical
 Feb 2 2016, 10:02:11 AM

Oklahoma! (First musical album I had.)

Great dance numbers.

Fun, historical plot.

"Dark" subplot that could be made even darker.

Oh what a beautiful morning never gets old

Want to try "Kansas City" with rap lyrics. (Hello Lin Manuel.)

Not done recently on Broadway.

VERY old movie, but nothing sooner. (I think.)

Bring back Julian Hough and Aaron Tveit as Curley and Laurey

Shirley Jones as Aunt Eller (get the connection?)

Feb 2 2016, 09:43:01 AM

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the show as much as I did.

It broke new ground for what kind of performance it was. Not an on-stage musical. Not a movie with scenes filmed days, weeks, months apart from each other. Not a TV representation of the musical.

It was very clever with indoor/outdoor transitions. Walls that broke to go inside rooms. Split screens with actors in different sets.

The producers/director took advantage of the best of all the genres of previous versi

Jan 31 2016, 01:16:20 PM

Theatre_Nerd,

Everything you say about the original stage production is true. I'm glad to read some of the things they are putting back into this live TV production.

The original lyrics of Greased Lightning were brilliant double-entendres. But Kinickie should sing it! He's fixing up the car!!!

Jan 31 2016, 01:12:21 PM

I so loved the Alma Mater parody.

It put the entire satiric valentine of the show into perspective.

The move and "adapted" stage productions never understood that.

And "Those Magic Changes" was the perfect comment on what 50s/60s rock and roll was all about.

Jan 31 2016, 11:02:50 AM

I will record it and then skim through.

I am curious as to how much will be the actual original Broadway show and how much will be the bastardization that was created, and presented on stage, after the movie was released.

The producers of the later stage versions of Grease took a great parody of the 50s and 60s rock and roll, and warped it into a unfocused mess.

I would love to see the original.

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!
 Jan 31 2016, 10:57:28 AM

Pootie2 said: "...Of the negative comments from actual attendees, the majority had to do with crowd control, which should be fixable. Panel content was not an issue; no one on this particular board was interested in mixing with the touristy youth crowd that was engaged by other entertainment content, otherwise. ..."

Dear Pootie2,

Let me make this very clear.

I was an attendee. An actual attendee. I am a local. I do not work i

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!
 Jan 30 2016, 10:59:13 AM

Kad,

OK, so if YOU don't know any "locals" who went to the event, that doesn't mean there were none.

My wife and I are locals who live 45 blocks away. But being over 65, we couldn't risk broken limbs trying to get their Saturday. So we went Sunday.

Our disappointment was that the Sunday content was very sparse compared to the Saturday that we had originally scheduled for. They should not have charged the same amount for Sunday as Saturday since the show

Streisand Gypsy is still on....
 Jan 29 2016, 10:47:14 AM

If Grandma was married we'd go live down south

In a senior retirement home

Just Grandma, her scooter, meds taken by mouth.

Two doctors, her pension, and neighbors saying Shalom

If Grandma was married...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You