News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WellsNYC

Member Name: WellsNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thoughts on MOTOWN  Apr 3 2013, 09:33:16 PM
Yes, there ARE original songs (I actually posted that earlier today)... The new songs that I remember were: Hey Joe (Black Like Me), Whats in the Grooves, Can I close the Door, and Hail to the Beat...I'm sure there are more. Those specifically, I didnt recognize during the show as Motown classics, so I came home and did my research. They are, in fact new songs written by Barry Gordy for this musical.
Thoughts on MOTOWN  Apr 3 2013, 09:03:03 PM
Anybody going opening night?? Its Black Tie.
Thoughts on MOTOWN  Apr 3 2013, 08:59:30 PM
I respect what you're saying Matt... Broadway is for everyone, but not all Broadway shows are for everyone. Motown will BE great; will DO great. But it will never compare to any of the greats... It'll collect a few tonys, do a few years on Broadway, then a few tours...making Barry Gordy and a few others a couple more MILLIONS. Period. End of story.

CAT Fails to Recoup  Apr 3 2013, 12:11:03 PM
Thats too bad..but I have to say, I wasn't buying Scarlet as Maggie the Cat! I had front row seats, and maybe that was part of the issue....but I saw her check in/check out a few times during the show. And, any time she needed to cry...the misery in her face for the 5 minutes leading to the tear was unbearable. And she was the ONLY one to flub her lines. Everyone else was fantastic: Cirian, Benjamin, Debra...they were outstanding! I really wish they wouldnt have gone with a "star" for Maggie
Megan Hilty and Eden Espinosa to return to WICKED?  Apr 3 2013, 12:03:20 PM
They both are fantastic performers...but aren't they both a little too old for the parts?!

SMASH  Apr 3 2013, 11:59:21 AM
I think I just watched my last episode of SMASH... Unfortunately, it seems to get less and less interesting each week.
Thoughts on MOTOWN  Apr 3 2013, 11:57:51 AM
Aren't there a few original songs in Motown?? I think the song Young Barry Gordy sings in the very beginning "Black Like Me" and "Can I Close The Door" are both original? I may be wrong, but I think there could possibly be a few more originals...most of the songs from the Motown catalog are very recognizable, and there were a few (of the 60) that I hadn't heard. I have to say, I found the audience participation more enjoyable than annoying. Yes, everyone sang along. Yes, everyone danced and
Scandalous Preview Thread  Nov 13 2012, 02:18:08 PM
And...I am by no means suggesting we post all positive reviews..But, wouldn't it seem a little "less bitter" when posting about a preview to keep in mind that its in PREVIEWS? Too much to ask that someone who is a respected reviewer on this site make note that they're posting a review on day one of a 4-week preview?
Scandalous Preview Thread  Nov 13 2012, 02:13:17 PM
Perfect example!
Development, previews, and workshops are to create a better show!!! I won't try to convince u (or anyone else) to look at things in a less negative way...

I didn't join a month ago...I've been an on-again, off-again poster since 2010. My old account is inaccessible...so it became easier to create a new account. But, your name calling is profound! May I suggest you pick up a mirror and focus on yourself?

Scandalous Preview Thread  Nov 13 2012, 01:40:39 PM
I've seen Scandalous 2x since the previews began (free tickets)...The first time was opening night of the previews, and the second time was last Sunday. It was very interesting to see how much the show changed. Songs were cut, scenes were changed...completely different ending. And, the show was about 30minutes shorter. I personally thought all the changes were excellent, and made for a much better show. I do have to say shame on those who decided to post critiques of the show after only the
Scandalous Preview Thread  Oct 20 2012, 08:02:00 PM
Saw the show last night...the stairs DO move... they werent in the way. Obviously, they are large pieces, and even when they move out of place they are still visible. But in fact, they do move! And, the model looks similar to the tabernacle scenes...but the costumes are not like that at all. Carolee is awesome. Honestly, they all sounded fantastic...and at times I kind of thought the ensemble sounded better than they probably should have.
Scandalous Preview Thread  Oct 17 2012, 02:37:41 PM
Why do bitter people even go to shows? Especially shows that are still in PREVIEWS.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You