News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lenexajones

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Member Name: Lenexajones
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Dec 12 2022, 10:48:14 AM

We saw the second preview and loved it. I’d be very interested to see what changes were made up to the show being frozen. 

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews
 Apr 19 2022, 12:03:10 AM

After reading these posts will add this show to our list for next week!  Have not been to NYC since 2019. Time to dive back in!

What movie would you like to see adapted for Broadway?
 Jun 13 2019, 02:38:08 PM

Schindler's List.

Jun 4 2019, 11:54:53 AM

Thanks.  Confusing why they make it so difficult...

Jun 4 2019, 11:09:30 AM

Not finding them on Apple Music yet...

May Trip Advice
 Apr 17 2019, 12:07:07 PM

Thanks.  Booked Hadestown just to avoid the price surge after the reviews come in tonight.  Still debating on what to fill the rest in with...

HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 17 2019, 11:20:38 AM

So excited.  Just bought by tickets for May 23 before the run on tickets and prices escalate after tonight's opening!

May Trip Advice
 Apr 16 2019, 08:58:20 PM

coming to NYC in late May for oldest son’s grad from Columbia Law. Youngest son (24) is joining us and willing to join us at some shows. We have already promised him Hamilton (which we saw and loved). Trying to narrow it down to two more. The options are Hadestown (my #1), Tootsie (my wife’s favorite movie), Network (son loves Bryan Cranston and enjoyed All the Way), and To Kill a Mockingbird (my favorite movie).  Help!

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 28 2019, 11:10:11 PM

Patrick should wear a Trump wig one performance!

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 28 2019, 04:37:31 PM

I'm 62 and have post-doctorate degree and will have to admit I did not know the story of Orpheus and Eurydice...  I had to look it up online while listening to the live recording.  Can't wait to see this production in May!

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?
 Nov 9 2018, 11:33:18 PM

Claybourne Elder in Angels. Second row. Quite the surprise!

MARGARITAVILLE Cast Album Out
 Feb 16 2018, 02:20:11 PM

I got through half of the album before having to turn it off and put on the real Jimmy.  It was similar to hearing some Branson, MO non-equity review show.  Beyond dreadful.  I will have to cross this off of my list of shows to see on my next visit...

WAR PAINT Previews
 Mar 23 2017, 12:11:40 PM

We saw this show on our trip last week and were immensely disappointed.  We love Patti and Christine, but thought the material they were given just wasted their talent.  I had such high expectations . . .  At least our other shows did not disappoint: Sunday in the Park, Sunset, Dear Evan Hanson and Hello, Dolly!

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 17 2017, 07:21:45 AM

mc1227 said: "Very excited to see this show but my tickets are in October.  Not sure I can wait that long.  It seems that people have been able to get a ticket or two on Ticketmaster the day before?  Are these resales?  I thought the show was completely sold out?   

"

We bought ours on Seat Geek the late afternoon of the opening preview. Our flight out of NYC was cancelled so there were a lot of resale tix available

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 16 2017, 05:09:19 PM

My Wednesday flight home was cancelled so I scored two front row seats at a tiny fraction of the cost. What a dream of a show!  Very well rehearsed and the dancers were particularly strong. I went into it thinking that DHP was miscast, but he was a delight. The only weak supporting players was Melanie (too shrill) and her boyfriend (forgettable). Taylor was a real surprise. I predict big things for him. And Bette. What can I say that hasn't already been said. She was on fire and was

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 15 2017, 06:00:23 PM

Beyond excited. Our flight home was cancelled so I just went online and scored 2 tix for tonight for what I thought was a super bargain. Even better when I printed them off and saw the original face value was $650 each!  

Broadway Podcasts?
 Aug 2 2016, 12:26:50 PM

My favorite is A Night on the Town.  More of an online radio podcast.  Never disappoints.  http://www.anightonthetown.org/listen.htm

Anna Hathaway to star in
 Jan 22 2015, 11:42:27 AM
We saw a production of this play in Kansas City at the Unicorn Theater. It was terrific. It requires an intimate space to really work in my opinion.
Andrew Rannells to replace NPH in HEDWIG
 Jun 13 2014, 10:32:35 AM
I was hoping that they would perhaps put Wayne Brady in. Has there ever been a black Hedwig?
Hedwig on Spotify
 Jun 4 2014, 05:39:51 PM
Just discovered that Spotify has 2 songs from HPH's Hedwig. Gotta say I was very disappointed. Seems that it is too tame and he's singing to "pretty". Nothing at all like the raw energy of his show. Pity they didn't record it live... My favorite is still the original recording.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You