News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anotherhundredpeople

anotherhundredpeople Profile Photo
Member Name: anotherhundredpeople
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address: http://theblissfullife.blogspot.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Three Most Deserving Best Actress in a Musical Tonys  May 6 2007, 05:48:07 PM
Oh wow. My three: Patti LuPone in Sweeney, Donna McKechnie in A Chorus Line and Victoria Clark in Light in the Piazza

Those are really not definite though because many of these ladies really deserved their Tony!

re: Broadway In The World  Oct 23 2006, 09:56:20 AM
$20? I should move there...or not.
re: back to before  Oct 23 2006, 09:54:55 AM
That's amazing TechEverlasting. Oh Lestat...ew.
re: AAAAAHHHHHH ALL ACTOR THEATER GEEKS WHO KNOW STUFF ABOUT SINGING NEED A  Oct 14 2006, 11:48:00 PM
Rest and mark through some rehearsals!! That's so important if the director doesn't mind.
re: Barbara or Kristin?  Oct 14 2006, 11:17:12 AM
I love both. I think Kristin has just benefitted more from the newer vocal techniques. She IS more versatile than Barbara Cook, but back in the day, Cook was the one. You're trying to compare two different generations and two different levels of techniques being taught, which is pretty impossible.
re: Best Performer to Ever Grace Broadway  Oct 14 2006, 11:14:08 AM
And we musn't overlook the great Ethel Merman. She is dated now, but she was a powerhouse. Not an actress, a total diva, but she could pack them in. Two years of Gypsy and that's a fact. = )
re: A 'Chorus Line' What If  Oct 12 2006, 10:43:38 PM
True Munkustrap it would be like a sequel to A Chorus Line, though the idea is interesting.
re: What is your favorite show?  Oct 12 2006, 10:41:33 PM
Sweeney and A Chorus Line
re: I'm going to Streisand's concert for free!  Oct 3 2006, 11:15:23 PM
Whoa. That's pretty amazing. I'm jealous and congrats.
re: Favorite B-Way Actor/Actress  Oct 2 2006, 09:16:17 PM
Actress: Patti Lupone

Actor: Alan Rickman (he has been on the Broadway stage!)

re: Forbidden Broadway Showtune  Oct 2 2006, 03:59:07 PM
I'm a big fan of "Patti Class" and "Forbidden Assassins."
re: WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD COLLEDGE FOR MUSICAL THEATRE?¿?  Oct 1 2006, 11:32:41 PM
I would really check the student board for this type of stuff; people will yell. But, Tisch has a great program; I just started there this fall. It's very intense but definitely worth it. Tisch divides their drama dept. up into studios. The musical theater studio is called CAP21. You should check out the Tisch and CAP21's websites for more info. Auditions are usually held from November to Febuary. Break a leg!
re: Patti's updated her ramblings  Oct 1 2006, 08:14:09 PM
Yankee- I believe Katrin is her assisstant.
re: Title Suggestions For A Future Patti LuPone Autobiography  Oct 1 2006, 08:03:16 PM
Lips and Hips: A Patti LuPone Story by Patti LuPone (as dictated to Katrin)

i love that woman.

re: Patti's updated her ramblings  Sep 30 2006, 01:10:31 PM
holy crap. that was hilarious. she's insane and i love her. i love how she gets her assisstant to type things for her.
re: The Ladies who sing Sondheim...did anyone attend?  Sep 27 2006, 12:45:12 AM
I wish I could have been there. What an amazing concert to see!! And if you do have any *info*, it would be amazing if you could pm me too!!

I got see Barbara Cook at the Met. She is absolutely awesome when she doesn't use a mic.

re: Broadway look-a-likes  Sep 22 2006, 11:06:45 PM
Haha. My old physics teacher could be Michael Cerveris's brother.... probably because they both have shaved heads.
re: Cabaret Finale  Sep 22 2006, 11:03:38 PM
When I did the show, we did it so just the Emcee was left onstage in a trenchcoat. He did the "auf wiedersehn..." and as the drumroll went, he unbuttoned his coat. On the symbol crash, he threw his coat off revealing a concentration camp suit and two huge Nazi flags flew down from the flies. It was pretty powerful.

When I saw the revival, it was very similar minus the flags. But they did have almost blinding lights on the crash.

re: Audra McDonald  Sep 16 2006, 11:20:43 AM
I saw her in Fort Worth last spring. She was amazing! I got to meet her afterward. What a generous and sweet woman. I love Audra.
re: Respected singers whose voices grate your nerves  Sep 11 2006, 09:43:11 AM
Hmmm...

Idina Menzel drives me nuts.

As does Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford.

I had to sit through a Michael Crawford concert last year because I was ushering. It was the worst thing I have ever been to. For his encore (I hate that Dallas gave him one), he did "A Piece of Sky"...from Yentl. OH God.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You