News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sparky310

sparky310 Profile Photo
Member Name: sparky310
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: cross-gendering roles
 Dec 19 2005, 10:53:38 AM
thanks baritone. sorry my somewhat agressive tone. and yes there have been some successful cross gendered castings, but to do it just for the sake of doing it is ..well..i think very insulting to the works of many playwrights and the talents of many very good actors/actresses depending which direction your headed.
in this day an age, we should be teaching actors how to work and be successfull at the craft, not the game.

re: cross-gendering roles
 Dec 18 2005, 07:09:33 PM
cross gendered casting..frankly...is just stupid. what does it accomplish. really.. nothing. so i man plays mama rose. who cares. its bad enough we have actors that are not trained, and actors that feel they have the right to try to direct the show. for god sakes keep your hands off the script and do your work as an actor. and for those producers out their that want to make money. find an original work. quit messing with the good stuff. if you are so hell bent on cross gender casting..go home..d
re: Bad Audience Behavior
 Dec 18 2005, 05:25:08 PM
This behavior has gotten completely out of control i went to see a show. to stay un-named and the adults. i mean at 50 years old were ..in the center of the orchestra, slouched down feet up on the seats in front of them.
Although the initial blame lies on bad parenting, bad breeding and just plain stupidity. the ushers should do their jobs. Honestly, its ok to be comfortable..but good grief. some of these people think its a spa. sit up and pay attention you poor excuses for Crap.

re: Mario Cantone's Laugh Whore on SHOWTIME
 May 31 2005, 10:49:25 AM
it was offensive to liza and he really isnt as funny as he thinks
re: Mario Cantone's Laugh Whore on SHOWTIME
 May 31 2005, 10:49:24 AM
it was offensive to liza and he really isnt as funny as he thinks
re: Barbra Streisand Concert
 May 27 2005, 12:43:01 PM
the main event...thats the one..it rocks and its very sexy
Virgin Megastore in Times Square has plenty
 May 27 2005, 12:40:03 PM
mister matt
i never made comments about people being ignorant or bitchy.
this will be my last commentary to you as you are obviously unwilling to read without an overly agressive and abusive response. take care and enjoy the theatre.

Virgin Megastore in Times Square has plenty
 May 27 2005, 10:01:06 AM
mister matt. i am well acquainted with the musical theatre and have agreat deal of experience in the genre. your snippy commentary about what you think i did or didnt see is unwelcome in the tone it has been presented. if i choose to say i believe it was vacant. I can. If i choose to compare it to the jeffersons..I can. for you to take such a nasty and venemous approach does not encourage feedback on this site. take a step back examine your tone and look inward to see if maybe you are the one w
re: Roles that would be great in Drag
 May 26 2005, 02:53:39 PM
this site gets cheaper everyday...can we discuss serious subjects here...this is very pre-school and i am sure you are all far more educated and bigger thinkers than this.
re: The Light in the Piazza OCR Review
 May 26 2005, 02:46:11 PM
not really...its very plain, dull and was emotionally vacant.
although the intent was to be more it never achieved..
i dont need you to tell me what it was suppose to be. duh

May 26 2005, 10:35:42 AM
i have to disagree. caroline was in my opinion self indulgent and to lacked any emotional availability to the audience. if i wanted to watch ashow about a grumpy maid i could watch reruns of the jeffersons..at least that was entertaining.
 May 26 2005, 10:33:01 AM
it is a little more complicated than that
 May 25 2005, 02:34:08 PM
i know i'm in the minority but i dont find the rent score very exciting or interesting...very flat and redundant.sorry
 May 25 2005, 02:09:33 PM
love the cd..hate the packaging..hate that i have to use this stupid sleave..and even more hate that cover art isnt the same as the poster..but love love love the show.
re: NYTimes review of LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA OBCR
 May 24 2005, 03:20:40 PM
in terms of romance..it compares to A Little NIght music..its lush and rich and full of not only contradiction but pain and confusion..like life.
LOVE IT

re: Barnes on Guettel's Music: In PIAZZA's defense...help!
 May 24 2005, 03:18:54 PM
the plain truth is most audiences are not interested in being challenged a bit to listen to the music or lyrics..they want every show to sound the same, look the same and feel the same..tothem theatre is not a place to learn, to feel, to experience life. it is a complete escape and to some extent thats nice..but the demand by the public has continually been influenced and catered to by the low brow ramblings of critics who tell these semi-ingorants what to think...piazza is not only fresh in sty
re: Auditioning for the Stardust Diner tomorrow!
 May 24 2005, 03:13:54 PM
do yourself and big favor and skip it..it is a nightmare there.
re: Any rumors for Next Years ENCORES?
 May 19 2005, 11:00:56 AM
i'd be protective of goldilocks ..what an awful show
re: 'APPLAUSE' PERFORMANCE CANCELLED
 May 19 2005, 09:37:24 AM
to bad reprise is still working..most of their shows are cliche in their staging and lack the real punch the the east coast encores series does. the threat was probably a stunt for publicity.i mean come on..it is hollywood
re: Madonna Defying Gravity
 May 19 2005, 09:28:14 AM
eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You