News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IAMWHATIAM

IAMWHATIAM Profile Photo
Member Name: IAMWHATIAM
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Michael Friedman has passed away
 Sep 12 2017, 12:16:12 PM

Michael's death is very personal for many people I know, especially many young NYC-based artists. The lack of comment here does not in any way negate, invalidate or minimize his work or legacy, or reflect how beloved he is.  He's a real person who is being mourned and celebrated in the real world by real people who love and respect him and his work. We should all be so beloved.   

1 OR 2 TICS FOR FIASCO THEATER'S TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA*TUES 5/26 *$10
 May 26 2015, 03:09:10 PM

In case anyone is on the fence about seeing this, we really enjoyed it and thought it well worthwhile.  

Message Board Update!
 Apr 1 2015, 06:20:33 PM

Weird thing for me - the only way I get a drop down menu on the SECTIONS  SHOWS  MESSAGE BOARD etc. tabs at the top is when I have a Post a Reply box open.  Otherwise nothing happens when I hover or click on them. 

Favorite Sing-Along Showtunes
 Dec 2 2014, 02:34:55 PM
We need a Little Christmas from Mame

And I, of course, have to add I Am What I Am from La Cage Aux Folles

Change One Letter: Musicals Edition
 Nov 5 2014, 08:46:48 PM
Show Goat - A participatory event where the audience gets to decide who wins the blue ribbon.

Bunny Girl - The true story of the making of the Playboy Club.

Contract - Will they sign or won't they? A real thriller.

Change One Letter: Musicals Edition
 Nov 5 2014, 06:12:55 PM
Oy! Calcutta! - The tale of a group of (intestinally challenged) seniors from Palm Beach and Brooklyn who, for some crazy reason, travel to India.

My Hair Lady and Nair - Which will play on alternate nights, of course.

The Producters - The story of how all those cans of Coke, computers and other items make their way onto the big and small screen.

9 Performances a week?
 Aug 18 2014, 05:57:16 PM
I just wanted to say well played to Jane on her thread tie-in. You really made me laugh! Thanks.
Is Williamstown Theater Festival
 Jul 29 2014, 11:53:58 AM
Just wanted to add that you should keep in mind that Tunnel City closes at 6 p.m.
Also, it's pretty much the only coffee place in town. As for dress, I'd say WTF is very, very casual.

Rocky the musical
 Jul 10 2014, 12:10:24 PM
I found it to be a total caricature and thought it was mediocre, at best, in almost all categories. Yet, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, while at the same time making a bit of fun of how campy it was. Having said that, I would (and have) totally recommend it. The theatrical/technical/spectacle aspects are, to me, certainly worth the price of admission.
Williamstown Festival Theatre
 Jun 24 2014, 07:19:48 PM
Williamstown is a lovely LITTLE place (my daughter went to college there there, and has also worked at WTF, so I have visited very often). The whole town is pretty walkable (although there a few restaurants, like Mezze, that do require a car ride – it’s touted as one of the best restaurants up there, but I think it’s just fair). Route 2, Main Street runs through town (the 62 Center, which is the main theatre building) is located right on Route 2. Spring Street runs perpendicular to Route 2
Congratulations, aspiringactress, on your graduation from college!!!
 Jun 9 2014, 12:01:52 PM
She hasn’t been around here much of late, but many of you longstanding members may remember aspiringactress for, among other things, her interesting and insightful posts that belied her chronological age (I think she was in 8th grade when she started posting here), her love of most things Sondheim and for starting such threads as the, to paraphrase, “who would you actually pay to hear read the phone book?” thread. In addition to all that, I know her as the very best daughter a mother could ever
Isn’t it great to live in a community that isn’t afraid to express themselves creatively thru art! Spring Awakening
 May 5 2014, 03:20:07 PM
Ok, Mr. Shillenbarger
Is it appropriate for a 16 yr old to go see cabaret?
 Nov 18 2013, 03:22:06 PM
I'd say that if you're asking, then you're not really inclined to want to bring a/the 16 year old in question and, for that reason alone, you probably shouldn't, even though I find it wholly appropriate for any 16 year old I know.
I'm New...Wanted To Say Hello!
 Nov 12 2013, 11:20:34 AM
Welcome ethel5. I hope you will find that this board is filled with many charming, interesting, opinionated, delightful and lovely posters - and a few, well, not so much. Were there 4 ethels ahead of you or is there some significance to the "5" in your name?
Characters You Feel Sorry for in Shows
 Nov 7 2013, 11:26:38 AM
Paul in A Chorus Line just breaks my heart.
Dear Rob...
 Aug 21 2013, 12:18:40 PM
Rob,

That would be much appreciated and, I suspect, much used.

Dear Rob...
 Aug 21 2013, 12:03:02 PM
With all due respect, Rob, I think that's being more than a little obtuse (and, frankly, cavalier with your brand). Unfortunately, as is the case in most on line communities (as in real ones), behavior needs to be moderated. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to see that it’s not. Yes, long time valued “real” posters do “take the bait” and engage with these offensive posters, but they are not the problem. You have to know that you have serious problems here, and you have to know who the real
Breaking News: Neil Patrick Harris to Star in HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH on Broadway - Spring 2014!
 Jun 18 2013, 09:36:51 AM
Put me in the "so excited about this" camp. I can't wait to see this again, and to see NPH tackle it. I think it's going to be a thrilling experience.
Plays about teenagers/young adults
 Jun 7 2013, 09:55:57 PM
Stop Kiss by Diana Son, which is about young adults, not teenagers.
Adam Pascal sounds off on the haters
 Jun 6 2013, 06:43:33 PM
This thread is a Master Class in the Rorschach Test. As in real life, people see what they see (or what they want to see). But, even by BWW standards (well, if we had standards), so many of the vitriolic and hyperbolic responses on this thread, on all sides, are just plain silly and histrionic. But that's just what I see....
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You