News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JustChillin8908

Member Name: JustChillin8908
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2019-2020 Touring Season
 Feb 12 2019, 04:50:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or because I'm a current subscriber, but the Ahmanson website is letting me add seats to my cart for Once On This Island and Torch Song. It appears the dates are as follows:

• Torch Song - October 8, 2019 - November 10, 2019
  • Once On this Island - June 20, 2020 - July 19, 2020

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 28 2019, 09:03:34 PM

I was at the first dress rehearsal in front of an audience (back on 1/12) and the energy was about the same. At the time I was hopeful that it would be more polished by the live show, but if this is all they could muster for the final dress rehearsal I doubt an extra day would have made much of a difference.

On a positive note, Vanessa Hudgens was by far the stand out on that day too and I thought she did a great job as Maureen.

re: Hairspray DVD Question
 Nov 11 2007, 07:29:49 PM
Here's a review of the Blu-Ray version:

http://www.dvdtown.com/reviews/hairspray/5347

It appears to be very well done!

re: BWW TV Exclusive: A 'Wicked' Ugly Betty Episode This Week!
 Oct 30 2007, 08:32:08 PM
"Texting in the theater. Way not cool.

I know it's only a TV show, but how many people are going to see this and it reinforce the idea that that is an acceptable behavior? "

Those were my exact thoughts when I saw the clip...

re: 'Zombie Prom' free on Itunes
 Oct 26 2007, 06:35:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
re: So...Im going to NY during spring break...
 Oct 15 2007, 11:18:58 PM
I'm also going during spring break and for once have no clue what I want to see (most of the shows I wanted to see have passed). What shows will have all/most of their OBC by April?
re: Across the Universe
 Aug 22 2007, 01:54:30 AM
EDIT: How can you judge a film so harshly that hasn't even been released yet?
re: Across the Universe
 Aug 22 2007, 12:50:13 AM
Nevermind... already posted.

re: My Way Overdue Hairspray Tour Review.
 Aug 13 2007, 10:30:37 PM
When I saw the tour the audience didn't know how to react after Cooties. Some clapped, but most remained silent (she was horrible).
re: Why the spastic Glindas?
 Aug 7 2007, 11:12:16 PM
This is the EXACT reason why I hated Stacie Morgain Lewis in the role. Particuarly in Popular she was extemely spastic. I could barely understand what she was saying, and the song sounded nothing like the version I knew and loved from the OBCR (although Stacie's voice wasn't very good to begin with). I've also noticed a lot of Glinda's doing this for laughs (I've seen it three times and they were all the same, although Stacie was the worst). I'd much rather have Cheno's more subtle approach to t
re: High School Musical at E3!
 Aug 6 2007, 06:31:02 PM
I love how the "volunteers" learned the choreography so fast!
re: Phantom Las Vegas Aug. 23
 Aug 6 2007, 06:20:16 PM
Does it really matter? You already bought the tickets. Just check the board before you enter the theatre.
 Aug 6 2007, 01:49:52 AM
Do you mean that in a good way (funny) or a bad way (failed attempt at being funny)?
 Aug 5 2007, 09:38:50 PM
bump (I don't think many people saw it the first time... if they did you can just let it die.)
re: Hairspray at The Weston Playhouse
 Aug 5 2007, 03:24:08 AM
"they decided to go with that HORRIBLE girl"

agreed

re: 1st national tour of High School Musical
 Aug 5 2007, 03:18:06 AM
"oh dear."

Don't worry, it's not (yes I saw it).

High School Musical at E3!
 Aug 5 2007, 03:13:02 AM
I know it's kind of late, but I thought this was hilarious:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22790.html

I have no clue why they bothered going to E3 in the first place.

re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Aug 2 2007, 12:12:00 AM
I recently saw the High School Musical tour here in Detroit (with my 5 year old niece) and everyone seemed to be loud. However the girl behind us (around 5 also) was singing to most of the songs and was constantly saying things to her dad. While the girl was talking fairly soft the dad was responding at a normal volume which got really annoying.

Best part of the show: When my 5 year old niece turned around and told the girl she wasn't supposed to be singing during the show.

The

re: Hairspray Sing-A-Long (NY kick off- Aug 1)
 Aug 1 2007, 09:46:01 PM
How long is the sing-along version going to be shown in these cities?
re: Rate the recent Broadway-to-Hollywood films!
 Jul 31 2007, 11:27:09 PM
My List:

1. Hairspray - Maybe it's because It's my favorite musical, but I think this movie is nearly perfect with only a few changes I didn't enjoy.
2. Dreamgirls - I've never seen the stage show so I can't compare it, but the movie is fantastic.
3. Chicago - The main reason I didn't rate it as high as everyone else is because I didn't like the way the changed some of the songs and scenes. Of course I only have the revival to go off of so maybe it was more similar to the origi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You