News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theminutepast

Member Name: theminutepast
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  Jul 5 2023, 03:24:09 PM

Good to know! I haven’t had the best luck with digital lottos unless the show really isn’t selling and they have tickets to unload. I heard Kimberly Akimbo was doing well post Tonys, so I’m thinking about rushing when in town in two weeks. Just curious if people line up early or if I could get there an hour before.

Sweeney Todd Cancellation Line  Jul 5 2023, 03:18:54 PM

I’m surprised this isn’t a thread yet, unless the search engine has become even worse lately. How is the cancellation line for Sweeney? Do people queue at a certain time? Are there generally a couple tickets released each night this way? I’m aware of the lotto and SRO, but I’m thinking cancellation line might be my best shot.

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  Jul 5 2023, 02:35:57 PM

Any updates on rush lines post Tonys? When ar e people lining up?

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 09:52:11 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "theminutepast said: "It’s strange how different of a broadcast we’re seeing. I think DeBose is doing quite well despite being green as a hostess. None of the numbers so far have been thrilling. I think Company showcased its fabulous cast, set, and direction which makes sense given the awards won so far.

Now I’m a little sad by the Sondheim number. I would have expected more of a send off in terms of acknowledging more of hi

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 12 2022, 09:38:47 PM

It’s strange how different of a broadcast we’re seeing. I think DeBose is doing quite well despite being green as a hostess. None of the numbers so far have been thrilling. I think Company showcased its fabulous cast, set, and direction which makes sense given the awards won so far.

Now I’m a little sad by the Sondheim number. I would have expected more of a send off in terms of acknowledging more of his works. They didn’t even name the account that’s

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 20 2022, 08:30:12 AM

As someone who usually rushes a show, I'm feeling good about my chances with Music Man! It seems the seats are a mix of partial view and for a few lucky people center orchestra! 

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 20 2022, 08:30:02 AM

As someone who usually rushes a show, I'm feeling good about my chances with Music Man! It seems the seats are a mix of partial view and for a few lucky people center orchestra! 

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 08:51:48 PM
Ah, so the hate is coming from that old chestnut of she relied on her understudy too much / couldn’t do eight shows a week. I’ll be the odd one out here and say I just don’t care.
74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 08:47:47 PM
Where’s the hate for Karen Olivo coming from? Because some people judge her dancing or judge her from taking a break from Broadway after West Side?
74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 07:24:55 PM
Loved seeing Ruthie. Is she appearing in anything now or coming up? I’m a little behind on things.
74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 07:16:40 PM
Whooped for Danny’s win! My husband and dog looked around at me. So happy for him.
The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 13 2021, 07:39:27 AM
Yes, agree wholeheartedly with you bfreak about the casting and finale. The story rides so much on Usnavi and Anthony Ramos delivered. I also liked how they developed the character of Vanessa beyond just the love interest who wants to move downtown.
The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 12 2021, 10:43:57 PM
I’d love to hear more reactions to the movie itself and how others think they did in translating from stage to screen. (Point me to the correct pages if I’m mistaken but all I saw were a few reactions from those who saw previews).

Seeing the film transported me back to seeing it on stage with most of the original cast, and all the emotions and thrills watching the incredible choreography. They managed to improve upon the big numbers, actually almost all the numbers. I loved the fantasy

Engagement Proposal Advice - Moulin Rouge  Feb 15 2020, 10:24:27 PM
The most surprising thing about this post is that the poster says he’s been lurking on BWW for awhile yet he’s taken aback by the rude responses.

I would suggest having the ring on the seat before she gets there, which would involve working with the theater. I don’t know the show and what cancan seats are, so maybe this isn’t a good idea. Anywho, good luck!

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Nov 17 2019, 03:06:23 PM

I was in New York last month. I went on a Saturday evening. There were a lot of people — at least 50. They had 10 lotto tickets. I lost the lotto, joined the cancellation line about 11 back, and waited until showtime. No cancellation tickets for anyone that night. I went back on Tuesday night 20 minutes before the lotto opened so I could be the first person in the cancellation line. When the lotto opened, I took turns with someone else stepping out of line to enter. I los

Chicago Rush  Oct 21 2019, 06:39:30 PM
Some friends in town want to rush Chicago. Im guessing this is an easy rush. Has anyone rushed recently? When could they get there and still probably get a ticket?
Oklahoma! lottery  Jun 20 2019, 08:24:31 AM
Is the loser code the same every day? I forgot to enter the lottery for today, but I have the code from yesterday.

Has anyone bought tickets on TKTS? Do they usually cost more than the $59 lotto loser tickets?

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Feb 12 2019, 10:37:27 AM

Excited that Benanti is extending. I just bought two LincTix for June. I missed out on these when Ambrose was in, paid full price, and loved her and the show. I'm just glad I pounced on them quickly enough, but now coming here, it sounds like the demand has gone down. 

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Dec 26 2018, 08:01:12 PM

Thanks for the information BrodyFosse! I wouldn't be surprised if she extended. It is one of her dream roles. I don’t follow her too closely to know if she has another project coming up that would prevent her from extending. Is My Fair Lady an open run?

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  Dec 25 2018, 08:52:16 AM

Please forgive the question, because I’m sure it has been answered before, but when do we think Laura Benanti’s last performance will be in My Fair Lady?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You