News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elphie

Elphie Profile Photo
Member Name: Elphie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Thirteen/Title of Show Student Rush  Sep 10 2008, 06:07:36 PM
That would be wonderful!
re: Thirteen/Title of Show Student Rush  Sep 9 2008, 10:20:46 PM
Thanks!
Thirteen/Title of Show Student Rush  Sep 9 2008, 05:30:15 PM
Does it exist? Haha.
Mimi Le Duck Rush?  Oct 23 2006, 07:03:59 PM
Do they offer it? Either student or general. Thanks guys!
re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie  Sep 17 2006, 11:44:46 PM
Hey anyone could look that hot with the right plastic surgery. Shes so fake, its gross.
re: Musical theatre stars who never took singing lessons?  Aug 19 2006, 03:14:02 PM
Carol Burnett.

re: What's Your Fave Rodgers and Hammerstein?  Aug 16 2006, 01:19:51 PM
I grew up watching Oklahoma on a dingy taped from television copy. So I hold it special in my heart.
re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread  Jun 13 2006, 03:00:57 PM
And she can play a tuba! Shes the best!
re: The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread  Jun 13 2006, 03:00:56 PM
And she can play a tuba! Shes the best!
re: Pajama Game Should've Won Over Sweeney  Jun 12 2006, 02:24:53 AM
I am just dissapointed for the cast of Sweeny Todd- Who many of them learned to play instruments for the show and overcomed incredible challenges to be able to present Sweeny Todd in this new light. None of their performances were recognized as brilliant with the Tonys.
I personally really enjoyed Sweeny Todd due to the performances. I thought they were sublte, but amazing and completly inticing. I was also in the front row, so I was captured the entire time. I thought the show was very

re: Pajama Game Should've Won Over Sweeney  Jun 12 2006, 02:24:52 AM
I am just dissapointed for the cast of Sweeny Todd- Who many of them learned to play instruments for the show and overcomed incredible challenges to be able to present Sweeny Todd in this new light. None of their performances were recognized as brilliant with the Tonys.
I personally really enjoyed Sweeny Todd due to the performances. I thought they were sublte, but amazing and completly inticing. I was also in the front row, so I was captured the entire time. I thought the show was very

re: Yet another High School Choir/Wicked Video  May 25 2006, 01:19:48 PM
My show choir was so spastic that half of us could not even master the jazz hands. Kudos to the Wicked high school- they put my old high to shame.
re: Top Ten Broadway Divas  May 23 2006, 05:29:24 PM
O jeez! I forgot Bernadette and Julie. I adore them both.

When I say diva, I mean in a way personal idol because of the confidence, personality, and work they pour into their performances. And all the women I picked have something very unique and their talent is like no other. They know how to own a stage.

Honorable Mentions for me would be: Chita Rivera, Ethel Merman, Babs, Tonya Pinkins, Carol Channing, and Idina Menzel, even though I like Idina more as a performance arti

Top Ten Broadway Divas  May 23 2006, 02:52:22 PM
Carol Burnett
Patti Lupone
Elaine Stritch
Audra MacDonald
Marin Mazzie
Donna Murphey
Liza Minelli
Kristen Chenoweth
Julia Murney
Sutton Foster

In no particular order...

re: Will you buy a LESTAT CD?  May 23 2006, 02:36:26 PM
Three words:

I Want More!

Only song I loved and worth the buy. I am dissapointed that Alison did not got a Tony nomination.

re: Caroline, or Change  May 22 2006, 12:14:39 PM
My favorite show of all time, hands down. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had on Broadway.
I listen to the CD religiosly and watch Chandra Wilson (Dot) on Grey's Anatomy- hahaha.
I Love Caroline!

re: PERFORMING ARTS COLLEGES  May 6 2006, 09:21:55 PM
I'll promote Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ- just 12 miles out of NYC.
Its entering the top list of theatre schools next year and is doing national auditions.
It has four degrees-
BFA Musical Theatre
BFA Acting
BFA Production/Design
BA Theatre Studies.
All are very strong and intense programs with excellent facilities. There is a new theatre on the campus, designed by the same architect who designed the stellar NJPAC in Newark, NJ, that is also set up as

re: Ahrens and Flaherty: Modern Masters of the Opening Number?  Jan 14 2006, 03:00:38 PM

I never noticed how intoxicating their opening numbers are- they really know how to lure an audience into their show from the first number.

I'll give a vote to one of their lesser known shows that only made it off-broadway- Lucky Stiff. Great little song that sets the mood perfectly for a murder mystery musical comedy.

All their opening numbers always introduce the main characters as well. They have a style.

re: How Often Do You Go To The Theater?  Jan 13 2006, 12:58:34 PM
Thank god for student rush or I would never see shows.
I saw about 6 shows last semester. All of them were rushed or lottery with the exception of Sweeny Todd. But its Sweeny Todd, so the extra spending was so allowed!

I could not miss Patti Lupone and her tuba- a theatre sin.

re: LENNON thoughts--the spark and the wish  Sep 8 2005, 10:13:09 AM
I thought the monologue done by the cop was one of the most effective moments of the show. Please dont cut that!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You