News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThaDudeAbides

Member Name: ThaDudeAbides
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GREY HOUSE Previews
 May 8 2023, 12:21:57 AM

As an erstwhile director, it really works me when sightlines are so bad that a show must be viewed from the first row of the mezzanine. And there's a jump scare that happens early on that happens up center, but an actor is probably blocking the view from the whole right half of the house (at least in the orchestra).

I expect more detail from Mantello. 

That's my main criticism of the show. 

GREY HOUSE Previews
 May 6 2023, 11:04:54 PM

EAPEAPMO said: "ThaDudeAbides said: "Saw the show tonight (5/5), and it is definitely the strangest thing I've ever seen on a stage. It requires reflection afterwards, and absolutely benefits from discussion.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
GREY HOUSE Previews
 May 5 2023, 11:48:02 PM

Saw the show tonight (5/5), and it is definitely the strangest thing I've ever seen on a stage. It requires reflection afterwards, and absolutely benefits from discussion. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is Raleigh's different reactions to Henry and Max. She welcomes Henry in, almost as if he'

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Feb 14 2023, 11:57:55 PM

Good Lord. Saw it at The Atlantic, took two friends to see it at the Booth on Saturday, and Father Time STILL wrecked me, just now. 

My favorite song from a musical in a long while.

Baby Off-Broadway (Off-Off?)
 Nov 22 2021, 11:54:12 AM

Do not pay extra for the premium seats. The is no difference. I was sitting directly behind the premium seats. 

Nov 22 2021, 12:54:08 AM

Maltby was sitting directly in front of me, the night that I saw the show, so it's possible that the blocking was fixed in the subsequent three days. All I know is I was sitting center left as you enter the space, and the sightlines were atrocious from where I sat.

Nov 22 2021, 12:46:35 AM

From Edge Media Network: "...Paulini is unable to fine-tune the production's style to fit the intimate space or subject matter. Awkwardly staged in a white room with the band on one side and audience members facing one another galley-style, actors are too often asked to gaze forlornly into the distance, which might work for Mother Abbess in an amphitheater production of "The Sound of Music" but looks here looks like bird-watching. A three-person ensemble (Jorge Donoso, Mari

Nov 21 2021, 10:15:59 PM

VintageSnarker said: That's so strange. I've been in that theater a few times and I can't remember ever having issues with sightlines.

"

Have you ever seen anything from this director?

Kimberly Akimbo 11/26@8pm
 Nov 21 2021, 05:50:39 PM

I have a friend who is interested in both tickets for 11/26. I don't know the best way to get her in touch with you both...

Nov 21 2021, 05:15:20 PM

I saw the show on 11/12, and when the director gave the curtain speech with his back to the majority of the audience, I knew we were in for an interesting evening.

The production is NOT "site-specific". The walls and floor have been painted loony-bin white, and the space is like any other uncomfortable off-off-Broadway space you've ever seen your friend's Equity showcase in.

The whole thing is staged so that no one has a good seat. "I Chose Right" was

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Off-Broadway - Previews
 Nov 21 2021, 12:11:30 AM

I was there tonight.

This was my fifth show in the past few weeks, after Fairycakes, Dana H, Jagged Little Pill and Baby. After the disappointments of Baby and Fairycakes, off-Broadway was starting to look like an unhealthy relationship, but I'm happy to say this show broke the cycle and renewed my faith in new work.

I loved every single person in the cast. Vicki is adorable and heartbreaking, Bonnie is balls to the wall Bonnie, the quartet of high schoolers couldn't be

Best Scene Changes
 Aug 27 2019, 07:25:46 PM

I don't know if it can really be called a scene change, since it happened at the top of the show, but the way the set came apart and sort of exploded at the beginning of Signature's recent "Curse of the Starving Class" was pretty magnificent. It was also the best part of the production.

Tootsie Rush
 Mar 30 2019, 10:55:34 AM

CarmenA3 said: "mamaleh said: "Please let us know the location of the rush seats. Good luck!"

Mine are Orch F16-18. I screenshot the seat map from Ticketmaster before they opened, and the seats the first four of usgot were all shown as available. None were marked partial view, but mine are the last seats on the side - hopefully not much will happen stage left!
"

I got the exact same seats for tonight. Hoping they're good! (it's my

Hamilton the truth
 Jan 7 2019, 10:43:04 PM

Statesmanship is more than entertaining peasants.

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF National Tour
 Dec 28 2018, 06:03:45 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I saw the show last night. It was my first experience seeing fiddler and had I not known it was a non-equity cast I wouldve thought this was Equity. Great cast and staging. Just wish the Fiddler flew. Just an overall great experience and the audienceseemed full!"

Interested in finding out who is currently playing Tevye. Is the original lead back in?

THE PROM Previews
 Nov 4 2018, 08:20:05 PM

I don't post on here that often, but I have to echo the sentiments of those who smiled their faces off at this show. Yes, I cringed at a few lyrics and at the 80s synthesizers, but I also teared up multiple times and laughed so hard at the inside-Broadway references that the lady sitting in front of me said she was enjoying me enjoying the performance. I apologized, thinking it was obnoxious, and she repeated what she said and that she really meant it.

At intermission, I texted a friend and said "Did I write this show??" (to which she responded, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?". I said it because there were jokes that seemed written specifically for my enjoyment (I won't spoil them). I worry that the show is TOO inside-baseball for the general public, but I usually don't understand why the general public responds or doesn't respond favorably to things.

All I know is that it has been a LONG time since I wanted to buy tickets to see the very next performance of a Broadway musical. I am the very specific choir to which they are preaching, and I loved the whole shebang.

TKTS Question
 May 1 2018, 03:19:38 AM

I was pleasantly surprised to snag a Center Orchestra, Row F seat on StubHub for last Friday night. $60. I would definitely check StubHub, especially near your desired date.

Anyone having TDF Log On Problems
 Jun 9 2017, 12:03:36 AM

Yup. I thought it was because my membership is up this month, even though it should still work until July 1st. 

My Biggest Regret
 Jun 8 2017, 11:51:04 PM

My biggest regret is losing the bootleg audio I made of the "Hooker's Ball" dance music from THE LIFE. It was back in the early days of digital recording, and it just didn't transfer to my next device. Anybody have any insight on how I could find something like that? It isn't part of the OBC.

Dear BroadwayWorld, "Tribute" is not a verb
 May 31 2017, 03:23:02 AM

Two video captions to the right of this board state the following:

"Watch Glenn Close and the Cast of SUNSET BOULEVARD Tribute Vintage Hollywood at Birdland!"

"A Musical Memorial Day - Broadway Tributes the Troops"

I am not afraid to be the grammar police. "Tribute" isn't a verb.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You