News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChildofDestiny

ChildofDestiny Profile Photo
Member Name: ChildofDestiny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carrie Cast Recording
 Aug 28 2012, 08:12:51 PM
Ghostlight is having a vote on what song people want to hear first on their Facebook page.

I know the obvious choice is a Marin song but, personally I want to hear Derek Klena on "You Shine." I was such a fan of his in Dogfight.

"Ghost" Light Sessions Teaser Video
 Jan 21 2012, 01:58:08 AM
Hey, did you find out anything about the changes from London to Broadway? I've listened to the cast recording a few times and am curious.

Also just saw this little teaser for the online screenings they're doing on Facebook on Tuesday. It looks like it was a great event!

Ghost Facebook Preview - Jan 24
 Jan 18 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Gathering from Ghost's Facebook page that the actual filming of this thing is tomorrow at the theater. Is anyone going? Can you post afterwards and let us know any news?
Ghost Facebook Preview - Jan 24
 Jan 16 2012, 03:09:49 PM
This thing that Ghost is doing on Jan 24 on Facebook sounds cool:

http://www.facebook.com/GhostBroadway?sk=app_315979301776005

I've never really seen anything like that before with an incoming show. Good for them for using Facebook in a new way!

Does anyone know anything about it -- like what they might be singing? I've listened to some clips of the cast recording from London and am getting more and more excited to see it.

Am I right that if I just like the page and then go onto the page on Tuesday then I can watch the preview?

Response from Sh-K-Boom's Kurt Deutsch re: Everyday Rapture Album
 Jul 12 2010, 01:00:34 PM
Hey guys - I emailed Kurt Deutsch, the producer and owner of Sh-K-Boom and Ghostlight, and asked him why there was no dialogue on the Everyday Rapture album. He actually wrote me back and I thought it was worth sharing. (Of course I asked him if that was ok before I came to post!) This is what he said:

I am glad you wrote and asked that question because we thought long and hard about what we wanted this album to be. We felt we had a few choices.
1. We could make an album of

re: Sh-k-Boom sets release date for 'Little Fish'.
 Aug 6 2008, 07:19:38 PM
Just saw this:
Great Article on David Yazbek & Joe's Pub Tonight
 May 30 2008, 09:23:40 AM
The picture of the evil monkey man on the cover of "Evil Monkey Man," David Yazbek's new album, was drawn and titled by the artist's young son. Usually that sort of kid-centric nepotism is occasion for eye-rolling, but this isn't a case of a doting father lavishing 15 minutes of fame on his privileged spawn.

"I identified with the image," Yazbek says. "It's childish and nightmarish and comes out of a dark place and is still funny."

That, in a nutshell, is Yazbek's outlook o

re: 'Become a Fan' on Facebook :)
 May 21 2008, 09:05:23 PM
Kelli O'Hara:
re: How the heck did GLORY DAYS make it onto Broadway?!
 Apr 25 2008, 07:05:16 PM
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy...

Your post should be permanently left at the top of this site. Hell, it should be required reading before you can even read one of these boards.

'Well said' doesn't nearly capture my sentiment, but I tip my hat to you nonetheless.

Thank you!

re: TheaterTrash and WithoutATrace GLORY DAYS Review Thread
 Apr 24 2008, 05:07:50 PM
It's not difficult to click on a profile and copy and paste the last 10 comments made. My point is that *many* posters here, you being the example I chose to use, are almost always negative in their posts. To me, and probably a few others out there, that says that your opinions should be taken with a grain of salt because there may be something else going on.
 Apr 24 2008, 04:34:32 PM
Sadly Kalimba, when your last several posts on this site look like this, you're not doing much to intelligently refute Didi3's (albeit not totally eloquent) suggestion that the negativity in this thread seems to be coming from some place of unhappiness that's outside of the posters' experience at GLORY DAYS:

# re: Idina Menzel as Ursula? Apr 22, 10:33:15 PM
Regarding Idina, no. Someone really needs to expand their horizons. Idina this, Idina that. Yuck.
# re: In Rehearsal: GLOR

Apr 23 2008, 12:23:20 AM
TooDarnHot, you're really confused as to why there would be people who like this?

I find that to be a pretty narrow-minded thought, but I can suggest a few reasons, at least for me personally:

- I enjoy modern musical theater songs.
- I graduated from a suburban high school not recently, but not too many years ago.
- I appreciate a clever book.
- I'm a sucker for male belting.
- I have a brother who is very close to these guys' ages and the dialo

Apr 23 2008, 12:01:55 AM
I couldn't disagree more with the negative comments here. I loved 'Glory Days' -- it's fresh and bright and funny and creative. I wasn't bored for a second and I felt like there was loads going on -- albeit emotionally, rather than plot-wise. Yes, it's small and yes, there's some college humor. For me, that made it feel more authentic than possibly any other show I've seen this year. That's what it set out to be. I thought they really nailed it! Loved the guys and will probably burn out t
New Yazbek Album
 Feb 26 2008, 10:41:39 AM
Has anyone else heard David Yazbek's new 'Evil Monkey Man' album? I took a chance on it just because I'm a huuuge fan of DRS and Full Monty. Had no idea what it would be like, but I'm loving it. It's kinda bluesy, kinda Tom Waits-y, but definitely sounds like Yazbek!

Looks like they recently relaunched his website too with some cool videos too.

Just thought I'd share. :)

re: Photo Coverage: 'Cyrano' Opening Night & Party
 Nov 2 2007, 02:16:29 PM
Answers to both are here:
re: Are you a Glutton for Sutton? (Exclusive SUTTON FOSTER Interview)
 Oct 27 2007, 10:32:45 PM
Cute interview and nice-looking blog, but what about the interview is "exclusive?"
re: Best male broadwy voice right now : Hadley Fraser
 Apr 24 2007, 09:02:26 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I was shocked by how crisp and clear his voice was on those big notes. A real find! I hope he gets to stick around this side of the pond and do more.
Fun SPRING AWAKENING/INHERIT THE WIND connection!
 Apr 19 2007, 04:31:34 PM
I just read this piece on the young guy from Inherit the Wind and it says he was Melchior in an early version of Spring Awakening!

He's adorable -- did anyone see INHERIT? Is he any good?

re: Eponine understudy?
 Mar 14 2007, 12:36:42 PM
I saw Marissa McGowan go on last night and she was fantastic. No need to worry if she's on when you go -- she's a great actress and a wonderful singer.
re: John Gallagher Broadway.com Fresh Face
 Jan 12 2007, 12:16:40 AM
Cute! I love all of his random band names. The Urban Wombats??
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You