News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 2

2 Profile Photo
Member Name: 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Poll: Do You Think the Critics Gave BONNIE & CLYDE a Fair Shot?
 Dec 17 2011, 01:22:02 AM
As someone DID see the show and actually ENJOYED it, I believe the critics were more or less correct with their criticism. The only comment that some made that I didn't agree with was that Laura and Jeremy had no chemistry b/c their chemistry MADE the show for me. Nevertheless, the show is flawed and to pretend otherwise is ludicrous. Sure, the critics probably came in with low expectations b/c it was Wildhorn but that doesn't give their criticism any less merit or validity. I just hope there is
Bonnie & Clyde
 Nov 24 2011, 01:32:29 AM
Why does Clyde get all freaked out after killing a cop when he has already beat his prison rapist with his semi-bare hands?
I wondered that, too, but then I realized that killing a guy who has been brutalizing you for months is a little different, psychologically, then killing a cop in cold blood; I'm sure he was feeling more justified in the former scenario. Lol I never made the "It Don't Mean a Thing..." connection until now; I actually thought there was a musical phase in "The Wor

Bonnie & Clyde
 Nov 20 2011, 11:41:59 AM
I saw this yesterday and I thought it was fantastic! Laura and Jeremy have amazing chemistry and their talent shone whether they were together or apart. The book is very strong; I adore everything about Clyde's monologue about what it feels like to kill a man. I actually liked the first preacher's song, but the "Made in America" one was kinda stupid. It took me until the middle of the song to realize what they were trying to say with it and even then I was like "...Oh." Idk I think they could ha
Phantom no Sunday shows? And what else to see in NYC?
 Jan 4 2011, 07:35:18 PM
Oh, I see. Good to know!
Your favourite orchestrations
 Jan 4 2011, 07:32:11 PM
I really enjoy the smaller revival orchestration of Sweeney Todd. And I like the movie orchestration of Phantom; it's very full and very lush.
Audience Behavior
 Jan 4 2011, 06:41:49 PM
When I saw Phantom on Sunday there were two points when the Asian person behind me was explaining something to her friend. They were brief periods of talking but they were pretty loud about it.
Phantom no Sunday shows? And what else to see in NYC?
 Jan 4 2011, 06:34:48 PM
Since when does Phantom have no Sunday shows? I just went to Phantom this past Sunday (Jan 2)!
Broadway Wish For 2011
 Jan 1 2011, 01:04:10 AM
That Spiderman closes and Scottboro Boys does come back in the spring.
Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway
 Dec 15 2010, 04:01:11 PM
Notre Dame de Paris
actors you wish would do broadway
 Dec 3 2006, 07:20:47 PM
I love how half of the of the actors people are suggesting have actually aready BEEN on Braodway/West End. RESEARCH, people! Anyway...
Hugh Laurie said on Jay Leno that he's done enough theater before to know he doesn't want to do a lot of theater, so I guess he's out.

I second Christina Aguilara (*sp?)and Angelica Huston. Emmy Rossum should go no where near Broadway, please, for the sake of the children....

re: Helena Bonham Carter To Star as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd Film
 Oct 21 2006, 10:48:33 PM
Grr... I this. So much. HBC's voice is very weak (at least, it was in the Corpse Bride movie, which sucked BTW) and I really don't think she can belt out "By the Sea" very well. I mean, really, we have one person with questional singing abilities in a lead, another one is just too much! But, I guess it doesn't matter now, she's been casted and I still see it because it's like the Harry Potter movies: no mtter how crap the last one was, I'll still be there opening weekend of the next one...
re: Two Musicals/One Sentence
 Sep 16 2006, 06:28:29 PM
"Shipoopie, surrender to the music of the night"
Major LOL!!

When will the flames, at last, consume us in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.

re: Rent vs. Wicked vs Phantom of the Opera
 Sep 10 2006, 11:29:20 AM
I don't know about most fans but in the annoyingness of the fans I'd say:

3.Phantom
2.Rent
1.Wicked

(Note: I am fan of all these shows, just not a fanatical one (is fanatical a word?))

re: Cerveris' Assistant in Advil Commercial?
 Sep 9 2006, 11:30:43 PM
Sign me up for the gossip board, Moxie!
re: Audrey is Back in Black - Check out this Gap Ad
 Sep 9 2006, 08:29:23 PM
Why did I totally read the thread title as "Audra is Black Black"? Personally, I thought the commercial looked stupid but whatever. And everyone's right, this off-topic. It has NOTHING to do with Broadway.
re: actual publicity shot of 'Edna' & 'Tracy'
 Sep 8 2006, 06:59:17 AM
Also, question for Marc: is Travolta going to be speaking in any sort of character voice? I know some past Ednas have made attempts to imitate Harvey's grogginess, but will Travolta be doing that as well? I'd be curious to know.

Just watch him sound like he did in "Welcome Back Kotter":
Tracy:Mama, I'm a big girl now!
Edna:Up your nose with a rubber hose, Tracy!

Farewell, Sweeney!
 Sep 5 2006, 08:55:31 PM
That alternate happy ending fanfiction is called Dancing Flames, if you want to read it...
re: What effect will the heavy rains on Saturday have on TKTS and theater a
 Sep 1 2006, 12:06:55 PM
Hell, I'm still going to TKTS line for Sweeney tomarrow and I hate rain!
re: If Man in Chair had a name......
 Sep 1 2006, 11:24:23 AM
Percy...don't ask me why, it just fits for me...
re: Madonna offered lead in Mamma Mia movie
 Aug 30 2006, 10:27:39 PM
Madonna singing ABBA?!...I'll watch it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You