News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chad2

chad2 Profile Photo
Member Name: chad2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which tour cities are A, B, or C? And what makes them that?  May 15 2011, 11:42:56 PM
Minneapolis/St. Paul seems to be A-/B+. Lots of tours have started here. We have three large houses that host a mixture of shows. One is non-profit (Ordway.)
re: 'The Intelligent Homosexual's ' anyone seen it yet?  May 16 2009, 09:45:05 AM
I was there last night, a very full and fancy crowd for the Guthrie. They had to stop for tech for about a minute when the set couldn't move forward.

All in all, I enjoyed the performance but there are some things that need to be worked out. All of the actors are marvelous, and do an excellent job. Spinella, Chalfant, Potts and Jones were standouts.

The biggest problem with the show is that it is long. The show is almost four hours with two intermissions. The first two a

re: Guthrie's Kushner Celebration  May 15 2009, 02:00:32 PM
Caroline was amazing.

Seeing Intelligent tonight, a little turned off by the almost 4 hour running time. I know they are having a gala opening celebration after the show. Do you think any big names will be present? This was supposed to be opening night, but they shifted it to next Friday and did not change prices.

Kushner Festival at the Guthrie!  Apr 27 2009, 08:34:15 AM
Anyone have a chance to check out Caroline or Change? I am going next week and excited after all of the great reviews!

I also have tickets to the first show of Intelligent Homosexual, it was supposed to opening night..but they moved it a week! I called and they said that this will still be the gala opening. I will report back, but anyone else drop by?

re: Cast Set for Kushner's THE INTELLIGENT HOMOSEXUAL'S GUIDE...  Apr 6 2009, 12:15:16 AM
Yes! I am excited to see each show this spring. (I haven't purchased tickets yet, as I hope to find some sort of discount.)
Hair or West Side Story?  Feb 25 2009, 06:45:46 PM
I have the chance to see either in March. Any ideas? (I will be in the cheapest seats for either.)

Thanks!

re: What to see in March?  Jan 25 2009, 04:17:54 PM
Darn, Happiness is already sold out for the days that we are going to be there!
What to see in March?  Jan 25 2009, 03:23:19 PM
Hey Everyone.

I lived in the city last year and saw almost all shows that came out last season. I am returning for a couple days and at a loss of what to see. It seems like revival town, and I know many have not yet had previews so we do not know the flavor...

Billy Elliot or Hair or Guys and Dolls???

Any plays? Let me know what you think!

re: 9 to 5 Seating  Sep 17 2008, 06:26:28 PM
Oh no ,I purchased seats in Row G balcony. too late!
re: 9 to 5 Seating  Sep 17 2008, 05:42:32 PM
Thanks! I'll do it! I am SO excited for this show. Dolly is the world to me!
9 to 5 Seating  Sep 17 2008, 05:26:11 PM
Hey Folks,

I will be in LA during the 9 to 5 run and was wondering about seating at the Ahmanson. Is the balcony horrible? I would pay more for seats but my companions would rather the cheap seats. Thanks!

re: Little House- Mini Review  Jul 30 2008, 04:07:57 PM
Word on the street is that they may be trying to ride to New York.
Little House- Mini Review  Jul 30 2008, 03:58:18 PM
I saw the musical last night and I had a wonderful evening.

Some thoughts: The first act was stronger than the second. Melissa Gilbert was strong as the mother, but her song "Wild Child" was awful. It must be cut!

The actress who played Laura (Kara Lindsay) was wonderful, she really captured the character and had an amazing voice.

Nellie (Sarah Jean Ford) stole the show with her comic wit. The part must be tons of fun to play, and her songs were great!

Tons

High School Tony's- MUST WATCH  Jun 17 2008, 01:47:13 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/high_school_tony_awards_honor
re: In the Heights Sunday 5-18 Lotto  May 14 2008, 01:20:08 AM
I went tonight and there was about 100 people at the lotto. I think the Tony's have brought the count up. We ended up purchasing the 31 dollar tickets. The rear Mezz was half full.
re: Shows that should be (back) on Broadway  May 13 2008, 12:35:11 AM
The Who's Tommy
Bells are Ringing

re: Thoughts on NANETTE  May 12 2008, 10:21:13 AM
I loved it! I am not a classical musical lover and this was one of the best shows that I have seen in a long time. They had me in the palm of their hand, go see it tonight! It deserves to sell-out!
Albee's The Occupant at Signature- AMAZING!  May 11 2008, 10:12:22 AM
Went to the matinee yesterday and it was breathtaking. Mercedes Ruehl was AMAZING portraying Louise Nevelson. The show was haunting and a wonderful postmodern look at truth vs. reality. Everyone should go and see this once in at the Signature. The initial run is sold but they extended it for 2 weeks. Go, with someone you love..you will leave a different person. Such a wonderful show!
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  May 9 2008, 01:46:00 PM

I was there on the 26th and the Teddy bear was auctioned. It was really fun!! They got $500 for it! Also, there were two people bidding each other. At the end, the highest bidder paid and gave the bear to the second highest bidder. Jackie was the auctioneer.

re: SAVED first preview cancelled tonight  May 9 2008, 01:29:15 PM
If someone can't use their tickets for the weekend, let me know! You should rebook and I'll pay you! I really want to see this. PM me to work something out.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You