News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sharilynj

Member Name: sharilynj
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
 Jul 11 2016, 12:42:49 PM

The fact that your 12 year old is more rational than half the posters here comes as no surprise to the other half of us. 

Jul 10 2016, 12:48:25 AM

Wow, y'all have topped yourselves with the dramatic butthurt. I was there tonight, and everyone around me was polite as hell. No singing, no inappropriate shout-outs, barely a cough or a sniffle. Could hear a damn pin drop during the silent parts. We contributed when called upon to do so, and gave all the energy and support we could muster to the cast. I had a lovely time, surrounded by lovely people. 

Cute little stories you guys make up, though. Jealous much?

Jul 9 2016, 12:17:23 PM

Hellob said:  

"

So, they are phoning it in lately? How long has that been the consensus?

I didn't say that at all. "Casual" doesn't mean not giving a ****. It means playing with each other and winking at the audience more, which it sounds like they've been doing.

They're professionals, performing a show that they will put as much energy and emotion into as any other night. Perhaps mor

Jul 8 2016, 05:02:05 PM

Lin tweeted this morning that he had 3 shows left. He'll be in.

Jul 8 2016, 03:39:57 PM

I'm going. I don't imagine there will be much out of the ordinary, except perhaps an extended ovation for LMM (though I only have the Grammys to compare to) and a few speeches at the end which, will undoubtedly surface on Instagram in triplicate or more. In fact, I bet 50% of attendees will have no clue there's anything special about this particular performance.

I'm also a pt entertainment journalist, and I didn't even bother pitching a story anywhere because e

July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?
 Jul 7 2016, 04:22:31 PM

Prices are lowering just in general. The 8pm show's lowest price point on Stubhub is $700 less than it was a week ago. We may have hit peak scalper. 

Bad Theater Behavior
 Jun 30 2016, 09:58:20 PM

Anakela said: "I also blame the social media for shows, for RT and encouraging stuff like this, for some of this behavior that we encounter at shows:

https://twitter.com/alrisa/status/748641357690855424

(I saw this tweet because Shuffle Along's official Twitter account RT it.)

"

Wow, that broad's a piece of work. She claims to be a megafan of Audra but is proud to ruin other people's opportunity to hear her sing. Good job, honey. Also, guess the show's social media person doesn't GAF now that they're closing. "Screw it, RT all the things."

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
 Jun 24 2016, 04:15:42 PM

People have a right to view the (alleged) situation as a damn shame without automatically being "entitled." Ultimately his career, he can do whatever he wants. He's the one who has to live with his decision to either serve the art or serve his bank account. I don't think serving *us* is what this is really about. We'll forget this rather quickly. 

cast member sightings at RRT
 Jun 22 2016, 10:28:35 AM

Stubhub last-minute has been getting down to around the $500 range some days, but it's hit and miss, and it's often single tickets. The upside: they're often good seats that are only left over because they were overpriced to start with. Fees on Stubhub depend on the ticket price -- it's a percentage, not a straight fee. So a fee on a $500 ticket will be lower than the fee on a $1000 ticket. 

Will any of the original Principals be in Hamilton after July 9th?
 Jun 13 2016, 11:51:25 PM

I got to paragraph 5 before realizing you weren't suggesting Dunkleman as a casting choice. I am disappointed.

The Hamiltonys
 Jun 12 2016, 07:13:59 PM

I assumed the Instagram Wait For It rehearsal was only for the 360 video. I would love to see more, but I think that's the sum of it.

Is 'Chicago' Just a Tourist Show?
 Jun 10 2016, 11:57:25 AM

Tourist here. Chicago was the first musical I saw on Broadway. I was young and didn't know any better.

ARE secondary ticket sellers evil leeches, as Hamilton producer believes?
 Jun 9 2016, 02:38:31 PM

"

You're not the one selling a pair of row A for 35k, are you? I'm dying to know who even thought of that price! I get it's LMM's final show but it's not his final day on earth! Jeez! 

"

HA, no! $35k sure is bold. Good for them if they get it, but I can't imagine anyone being SO invested in this unless it turns out Obama is gonna be there or something. I'm selling a single, and my pricin

ARE secondary ticket sellers evil leeches, as Hamilton producer believes?
 Jun 9 2016, 01:13:46 PM

I bought a pair of resale tickets for July 9 for $800 each, and am flipping the spare on Stubhub. The person I sit next to will have no idea that they paid for my entire trip, making it possible for me to see the OBC. I'm not at all sorry about it. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. (Bots are an entirely different story.)

40 Celebrities Humble Bragging About Seeing 'Hamilton'
 Jun 4 2016, 08:10:50 PM

I'm gonna write a follow-up article entitled "1 Women's Magazine That Doesn't Understand What 'Humblebrag' Means"

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 3 2016, 11:56:30 AM

Haha, no kidding! Don't hate the players, hate the game. Only the most butthurt of butthurt people try to publicly scold others for spending money and being happy. Keep it to yourselves. 

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??
 Jun 2 2016, 04:01:09 PM

The Wrap says their own source also confirmed June 9: http://www.thewrap.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-sets-final-performance-date/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You