News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DryMartini

DryMartini Profile Photo
Member Name: DryMartini
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Buenos Aires lyrics question
 Feb 13 2012, 10:12:00 AM
I used to think she was saying, "You're a tramp, you're a treat, You will shine to the death, you are SADE." Then I realized Sade made absolutely no sense....
NEWSIES to Play the Nederlander on Broadway This Spring
 Oct 6 2011, 09:11:37 AM
They need the dough. And in this case they deserve it.
Princess Fiona's Bipolar / Bowler lyric
 Oct 6 2011, 09:09:36 AM
How can she be a gifted bowler if she's locked in a tower?
ELF Reviews
 Nov 14 2010, 09:42:41 AM
The AP is up via ABC News and is an out and out rave.

THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS Reviews
 Nov 4 2010, 10:14:27 AM
I'm also completely perplexed why Brantley didn't re-review the show. Was there a scheduling problem? Don't they always try to have the same person who reviewed the show off-Broadway review the show when it comes to Broadway? Maybe this is a new trend.

Regardless, I was also surprised how Isherwood's review took a turn at the end. (And that he blasted BBAJ a little.) I think the show, especially the concept and staging, is amazing. I hope it does well, it's got so much going for it. I j

LA BETE Reviews
 Nov 3 2010, 10:26:29 AM
I just have to weigh in and say that I loved Mark Rylance. I thought he was okay in "Boeing Boeing", but this really impressed me. I know a lot of ink has been spilled about his first monologue, but it did truly blow me away. I also think David Hyde Pierce is not getting enough praise for playing the "straight man" to Rylance. It takes a lot to hold the stage with a performance like that. Yes, Rylance goes a little base with his humor, but so did Shakespeare. A great play? Not sure. But a great
CAUSE I'M A COMER!!!!!!!!
 Jun 18 2010, 03:34:14 PM
Why are you guys raining on her parade?

(She said no one was gonna.)

Elf, Funny Girl, & Annie Dream Casts
 Jun 15 2010, 06:15:30 PM
Jan Maxwell should be Hannigan...
New BWW Rules Regarding Jan Maxwell
 Jun 12 2010, 11:55:11 AM
After watching a Jan Maxwell performance, I noticed that my goiter was gone, my teeth were whiter and I no longer needed Lasik eye surgery.
Breaking News: ANNIE to return to B'Way in 2012
 Jun 7 2010, 04:42:43 PM
Jan Maxwell as Hannigan!
Tonight on 30 Rock
 May 8 2010, 06:05:59 PM
They sang, "Don't Go To Bed With A Frown In Your Pocket"...was Patti trying to sing bad on purpose?
CONGRATULATIONS, JAN MAXWELL!!!
 May 4 2010, 08:44:48 AM
I'll second that! I hope she wins them both! She is so beyond amazing!!
What is the most obscure but brilliant musical you love?
 Apr 16 2010, 07:56:13 PM
"Bird of Paradise" and "Tovarich".
Brantley Chimes in on N2N Pulitzer
 Apr 14 2010, 06:25:42 AM
I just think it's sad that everyone has to rain on N2N's parade. They won, end of story. Why qualify it?
"Anything Goes" and Margery Gray?
 Apr 12 2010, 01:33:49 PM
I was listening to the OBCR of "Tovarich" and suddenly heard a voice that sounded so familiar. I realized it was Bonnie from the 1962 revival of "Anything Goes".

Does anyone know where I can find pictures of her either from "Anything Goes" or "Tovarich"? I've grown up listening to her voice, but have no idea what she looks like...

A Question For Those Who Saw The Original Production of LA CAGE
 Apr 8 2010, 07:50:54 AM
I was a teenager from the Midwest who was on a trip to New York with my father. I knew deep down I was gay, but had never really dealt with it and was still dating girls. We had no idea what the show was about, just randomly picked it.

To say we were both shocked is an understatement. I remember feeling so uncomfortable sitting next to my dad, but also so silently stunned that there were two men in love with each other on stage and no one seemed bothered by it. It was my peek into a wo

EVERYDAY RAPTURE May Replace LIPS TOGETHER... at Roundabout
 Mar 29 2010, 09:02:11 PM
Since I missed this the first time around, I would be thrilled if this happened.
Ricky Martin's Coming Out
 Mar 29 2010, 09:00:08 PM
In other news: earth is round.
Cast Album Dialogue Excerpts...
 Mar 29 2010, 05:22:00 PM
Bored at work, so I made a quiz:

1.) “Now wait a minute boys, wait a minute. You forget about your party. And you forget about your party. This happens to be my party and I’ll tell you what you’re gonna do…”

2.) “I reread ‘Our Bodies, Ourselves’ last night. I still say that would make a hell of a musical!”

3.) “Gosh, I’d like to get in the car and drive somewhere, anywhere, away from this house, this family, this city!”

4.) “Look, I don’t care who she is, that

for sure TONY winners of 2010!
 Mar 21 2010, 10:50:40 AM
Jan Maxwell wins two Tonys, one for "The Royal Family" and one for "Lend Me A Tenor".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You