News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Geoff2

Geoff2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Geoff2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BroadwayWorld Radio
 Dec 11 2012, 02:55:16 PM
Thank you Rob! I appreciate your response. BWW Radio is a great feature.
BroadwayWorld Radio
 Dec 11 2012, 10:47:55 AM
Does anybody else have problems with the online radio feature of this website? BWW Radio is one of my favorite things to listen to while at work - when it works...which is rare. Clearly it doesn't seem to be a focus of the administrators (the same episode of the weekly talk show has been repeating at least once a week if not more for a couple months now). I've tried other browsers, deleting caches and cookies - you name it. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had problems as well.
Is a white person playing a role
 Nov 30 2012, 11:44:20 AM
As a black performer, I would say not a problem at all as long as everything is treated truthfully and respectfully to the culture AND the material. Any caricature portrayal would be troublesome. Obviously I don't think it makes sense for dominantly white organizations to produce shows where race is a major theme or to cast white performers in roles where race is central to the character (i.e., Raisin in the Sun, Ragtime, etc.). Same goes with dominantly black organizations.
Carrie Underwood to Star in NBC's Live Broadcast of THE SOUND OF MUSIC
 Nov 30 2012, 11:37:08 AM
Guys - If we truly want this medium and the masterworks in it to survive, thrive and reach new, young audiences, we have to stop being so provincial in our thinking about interpretations or casting of them. Carrie is an amazing performer who knows damn well (as do the Producers and R&H) that the approach she takes with one of her number-one country/pop hits is not the approach to take with this project. She'll put the necessary work in. And if it means millions more become aware of music theatre
Worst Tony Opening.......
 Jun 12 2012, 10:11:00 AM
I think NPH is a great host. I don't know what everyone expects the host to do - they're not curing cancer. Introduce a presenter, tell a joke, walk off. Truth be told there's vast stretches of time in the broadcast the host isn't even on stage. Neil is who he is, does what he does and it's fine. I also didn't see him overly harp on the Tonys being gay thing again. At least there wasn't a whole musical number dedicated to it like in the past (which was hilarious then). In fact, I thought the
Memphis on Great Performances
 Feb 26 2012, 12:44:41 AM
I love the big picture aspect of this broadcast which is that PBS aired a musical - always a good thing. I personally liked the show, but yes, I just don't understand Chad Kimball's mannerisms and completely distracting speech patterns. Why would a director ever allow that weirdness? Just a mystery that I couldn't take my eyes away from (in a car wreck kind of way). But I don't know how anyone can say Montego is not a good singer. She rocked - and I loved some of the other performances. A
Check out Music Theater Video Documentary Series "STAGES"
 Feb 22 2010, 10:01:47 PM
Hey Everybody -
Just wanted to introduce a theater video documentary series I produce called "STAGES: Stories from the BW Music Theater Program". The latest episode #13 features a visit from Steel Burkhardt currently starring in the Broadway production of "HAIR"!

(http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8A3B21081D4B0314)

This documentary series follows the stories of the students and teachers of the acclaimed Baldwin-Wallace College Music Theatre Program led by Victoria Bussert. Produced by theater artist and documentarian Geoffrey Short (www.geoffreyshort.com), STAGES gives viewers unprecedented access to this exclusive program that draws the very best talent from around the country to this small private college in Berea, Ohio (just southwest of Cleveland). Graduates of this program often go on to careers on Broadway. Learn more about Baldwin-Wallace College at www.bw.edu. See other theater video documentary series from Geoff Short at www.youtube.com/CallBackCleveland.

re: Does 'City of Angels' have enough heart?
 Jan 26 2009, 09:52:15 AM
Thanks for the conversation. Actually there does seem to be a few productions happening out there- I am directing a production of C.O.A. in the Cleveland area that opens in March (www.cityofangels.freehosting.net) and I was recently contacted by another director doing it in California. I think what seem to be potential technical nightmares - multiple set locations, a movie within a play, etc. - make people shy away from what really is an interesting observation about a flawed writer and his re
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You