News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ilurveJRB

ilurveJRB Profile Photo
Member Name: ilurveJRB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DRS appropriate for kids?
 Aug 10 2005, 11:37:09 AM
My family's looking to get tickets for a show next month and I'm trying to see if Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is going to be appropriate...the ages are 19, 17, 16, 14, 14, 13, and 11. We're mainly concerned about the 11 and 13 year old...they've seen Rent and La Cage..but is DRS overly sexual and stuff? Let me know! Thanks!
Carly

all shook up review 1/18 !! pleasantly surprised!
 Jan 19 2005, 12:59:52 AM
i know people already posted reviews, but I just wanted to add to them because I was so PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! I went with a friend of mine who had done theatre in San Antonio with Curtis Holbrook (Dean)(who was an awesome dancer by the way!), and for some reason, I didn't have high expectations...i don't really love elvi's music, so I wasn't too excited...but I was so impressed!! It was a Bye Bye Birdie meets Footloose meets Hairspray meets other stuff type deal... but it was so much fun- great
re: kristin cheno on page six
 Nov 16 2004, 08:21:42 PM
Captain Obvious, why are you being such a jerk?
Obviously, it was posted because some people may find it interesting. Evidently you don't. You don't have to keep being obnoxious about it!
What is your point?

re: Calling All Chicago Actors!!
 Nov 5 2004, 05:31:51 PM
i'm a theatre major at northwestern! does that count as a chicago actor!? haha
re: Being Elphaba for Halloween - real creative
 Oct 31 2004, 09:17:58 PM
A girl on the floor above me was dressed as the generic "wicked witch" but when I saw her I was like "AHH IT'S IDINA MENZEL!" and all the theatre majors laughed. HAHA

not till later
 Oct 31 2004, 02:38:44 PM
EVELYN! I am a freshman theatre major at Northwestern! I've been following these Rent/Anthony Rapp threads but I haven't said anything until now. Are you in any shows this quarter?? I have run crew next quarter but I think I still might audition for student theatre just to get the practice...

Anthony, you are possibly the coolest person ever for talking to everyone like this!

That's my two cents.

-- Carly

Brooklyn at Bloomingdales
 Sep 11 2004, 01:10:51 AM
Did anyone see this and was it any good? I was so pissed stuff got screwed up wtih my train and i got there at 12:45 and they were already cleaning up! I was so sad...I saw Eden walking away and I jsut stood there...staring...longingly....HAHA. But seriosuly, was it even anything to speak of?
Carly

KC @ Carnegie Hall Review
 Sep 10 2004, 11:44:01 PM
Just got back from seeing Kristin Chenoweth at Carnegie Hall...WOW she was amazing...she did songs from her CD (the one out now and the one coming up), she did "Glitter and Be Gay" for one of her encores and it was unbelievable. The audience absolutely LOVED her! She did a great bit with Popular using her relationship with Nicole Kidman in their new movie...It was super excited because I was two seats in front of Mr. and Mrs. Chenoweth (she sang a song she wrote for her dad which was...alright..
re: How to compliment a show without being called a SHILL?
 Sep 9 2004, 09:52:16 PM
Matt C is totally a shill.
re: Idinas last show
 Sep 9 2004, 09:48:59 PM
$780? Hmm....thinking about sellign my tickets...
re: K.C @ Carnegie Hall...
 Sep 9 2004, 09:47:03 PM
I'll be there!! I can't wait BWW parrrrty!
re: Come on, Marc Shaiman, you know you want to! SISTER ACT THE MUSICAL!
 Sep 8 2004, 07:46:09 PM
Hey "rockfenris" whassamatta with you?? Sister Act 2 has GREAT MUSIC! Not to mention, a BETTER story! Joyful Joyful Looooord we Adore Theeee! You're ridiculous. Mwahahaha.
My Lucky Day with Showtunes on Record!
 Sep 8 2004, 02:27:28 AM
Today was my lucky day! I will tell you all why. I've been trying to get ahold of lots of musicals in vinyl form to put on my dorm walls at school...I managed to dig Godspell out of a HUGE jumbled collection at a thrift store for $1.00 but other than that I had been having serious trouble finding cheap stuff...I went to Colony and found lots of good stuff....for ridiculous prices of $50 per record! WELL...today, I was walking around downtown Newark, Delaware waiting to go to a babysitting job, w
re: Cast Albums you regret buying
 Sep 8 2004, 02:21:16 AM
I think I win: someone recommended the Zanna, Don't! recording to me...and I foolishly bought it. WHAT WAS I THINKING? I can't even try to sell it because I don't think anyone would buy it.
Don't throw up on the stage
 Sep 8 2004, 02:18:29 AM
Can someone post the link to the thread with the songs that shouldn't be sung at auditions? I searched but I couldn't find this thread. I am really really bad at searching for threads for some reason...ughhh

re: The 'New' Broadway
 Sep 8 2004, 01:55:25 AM
I agree with Scott Alan and Brian Lowdermilk...
re: Lennon The Musical - Any Buzz?
 Sep 6 2004, 08:35:19 PM
i thought the subject of this was "Lemon The Musical" at first. i was so confused! i have no insight, sorry!

- Carly

re: Temptations the Movie
 Sep 6 2004, 07:49:40 PM
thanks guys! aww man I hope it doesn't suck...
Temptations the Movie
 Sep 6 2004, 01:26:45 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed before...I did a search but I couldn't find anything, I guess I suck at searching! Anyway, on IMDB.com it said this was some kind of movie-musical goign to straight to DVD and the cast list has lots of awesome people on it...does anyone know anything beyond that? When it's coming to DVD etc? Sorry if this has already been talked about!
Carly

re: The 'New' Broadway
 Sep 6 2004, 12:05:33 PM
JRB!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You