News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jrblover

jrblover Profile Photo
Member Name: jrblover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 13 - Insulting and Amaturish.
 Sep 16 2008, 03:53:08 PM
I saw 13 in its very first preview in LA and really didn't care for it at all. I thought it was juvenile and stupid, but there were a few really beautiful moments in the score. Then, I went back towards the end of the run and was completely swayed. It made a lot more sense to me, and, a few HUGE flaws aside, it was enjoyable, and the score was fantastic and infectious.

That said - it sounds to me that the numerous changes from then (early 2007) to now (late 200 have done nothing to improve the show, as the changes during previews and performances at the Taper did. It seems like they got a little too happy with the eraser and the red pen and "fixed" it more than was necessary. It is a shame, really, because I actually thought it had potential.

re: NY Times Extensive Article on Cast Albums of Current Shows
 Jun 27 2008, 10:51:43 AM
And it also seems like he purposely discredits a lot of the In the Heights score to explain why Passing Strange "won."
Favorite Moments
 Jun 25 2008, 11:11:23 AM
Here are a few that I've thought of while reading this thread:

The harmony in "Move On" when Mandy and Bernadette sing together on the OBCR of Sunday in the Park.

The piano at the very end of Act One in Piazza.

Christine Ebersole singing "I miss him today, and tomorrow, and I always will" in "My Son" from Bright Lights, Big City, and how it changes to "Four lithium carbonate tablets a day and I'm swell. Like hell. Don't tell my son." Chilling.

When Gideon come

re: Broadway Bares
 Jun 24 2008, 03:59:11 PM
I think I'm in love with Matthew Morrison.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You