News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ullabelt

ullabelt Profile Photo
Member Name: ullabelt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Oct 9 2014, 07:46:15 AM
SHOWFACE - Yes I agree entirely, she is only ever old if teh director wants her to be but the reality is the lyrics very clearly point toward it.

Even the 2002 revival having shown the witch growing old and ugly revert back for the finale.

I think it is less about the artistic than it is selling the song and having your star bow ugly. I have also heard it argued that she is dead, which I can't quite get my head around but if she was then all of the other dead folk appear as the

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Oct 8 2014, 07:38:14 PM
I always thought that throwing away the beans was just invoking the curse, a second time around. The Witch says early on that her mother had warned her what would happen if she ever lost the beans.

I always presumed that by throwing the beans during 'Last Midnight' she was both punishing the onstage characters and saying 'Ok! Bring it! I want my powers back'

I also never saw the witch vanishing as being pulled away to somewhere but simply that the process of the curse was begi

Can Sophie be stunt cast?
 Aug 17 2014, 08:11:23 AM
A serious and none snarky question - Do you guys in the States say casted? I always just assumed that was a mistake.
re: Natalie Wood sings 'Tonight' on Youtube
 Feb 21 2014, 07:00:03 AM

Nice clip of Marni Nixon here - in the PBS recording of 'Taking My Turn' which I know very little about...anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4j6cvwy1I

Liza on new tour.
 Feb 19 2014, 06:52:33 AM
I actually rather enjoyed that. There so many performers who have stopped singing as their voice has aged/gone/been destroyed etc and as many fans desperate to have them shrug off vanity and keep going. She has the audience totally on her side. It would be tragic to watch a women who still believes she has the notes but she sends herself up. It is now part of her act and people are still paying.
WTF???? Olivier Award Winner Leanne Jones does not turn chairs in 'The Voice
 Feb 3 2014, 08:07:02 AM
Stevie give me five shows currently running that she could play a role in and there is your answer...
Louise is mean.
 Oct 17 2013, 06:00:52 AM
Its implied that she has been saying that, we don't see the characters every living moment.

Plus I think the comment about the cow pretty much sums it up.

As does 'Louise can be a boy'

ALW's The Wizard of Oz broadway
 Oct 3 2013, 06:45:48 AM
BROADWAYDUDE

There are actually further verses not used by the RSC version for example

MERRY OLD LAND OF OZ

It's a fact thats sad but true
The ordinary mortal,
Says he has better things to do
Than chuckle, chirp and chortle
But what such things could be,
Is a mystery to me?.

At rainbows end*, we simply can't
imagine any reason for waisting tim.
On things that aren't enjoyable or pleasin'
Except when we're asleep.

Possible Wicked film casting idea
 Sep 9 2013, 04:29:29 PM
Now seen as, much like Rose in GYPSY, the two leads will be the wrong age at some point in the story...

What do you guys think about splitting the roles? There is nothing to say it can't be many years between the end of Act One and the beginning of Act Two. In fact if they want it to tie with the original movie, they really should be 40 plus. Obviously it doesn't have to tie with the movie but if you take into account the amount of confused audiences asking why there was no Elphaba in '

FINALLYfrom the movie Me And My Girl
 Sep 9 2013, 05:11:31 AM
Wow!

Thanks so much for this. I have always wanted to see it.

I would kill to see more.

What does 'mugging' mean?
 Sep 8 2013, 01:30:40 PM
can anyone tell me what cough means? In terms of performance...
 Sep 8 2013, 01:30:13 PM
well said Goth
Favorite musical villains
 Sep 8 2013, 01:01:58 PM
I've never considered the Witch a villain...
 Sep 8 2013, 01:01:06 PM
I would agree - I have always thought of mugging as a negative thing. Face pulling that takes you out of the moment. If it works in context I wouldn't call it mugging.
Wicked: mexican production
 Sep 7 2013, 09:43:15 AM
RW3...you go outside right?
Lyrics that have changed in Shows
 Sep 7 2013, 08:57:50 AM
The heaven knows lyric was the original 'radio edit' I think.
 Sep 7 2013, 07:57:21 AM
DAVID FLICK

Well yes, I agree with that entirely but what I meant was interesting for the creative team/actors as with all the variations on choreography in CHICAGO - they pick and choose with every cast change. I am not a fan of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

BEST 12 BARS

When did fag/drag change?

What you wrote about SHOW BOAT was very interesting indeed. Reminded me of meeskite/jewish in 'If You Could See Her Through My Eyes'

Sep 7 2013, 07:06:19 AM
In reference to Sally D Plummer - exactly, those lyrics did indeed change and because originally Dolly was to enter Ambrose in the singing contest (talent contest? not sure anyone?) at the Harmonia Gardens in which he would perform in the number 'Come And Be My Butterfly' it was in fact in the show until Carol Channing left.

http://richardskipper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/gene-gebauer-original-production-of.html

THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK

Many lyrics changed, too many to note right now. But here is one

(EASTWICK KNOWS)

'Look at me, I don't belong here' became 'Look at me, the other woman'

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

(HERE I AM)

'A big two weeks on the riviera' became 'Two whole weeks on the riviera'

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

(WISHING YOU WERE SOMEHOW HERE AGAIN)

Productions alternate between 'Three long years I've knelt in silence' and 'Passing bells and sculpted angels'

I suppose in much the same way that there are several alternate versions to much of the CHICAGO choreography they do it to keep things interesting.

(ANGEL OF MUSIC)

'Christine, you're talking in riddles, and it's not like you!' became 'I watched your face from the shadows, distant to all the applause, I hear your voice in the darkness, but the words aren't yours'

re: Is there life after high school the musical
 Aug 31 2013, 04:13:20 AM
It's not a fun show to be in as there is so little to get your teeth into. It's no worse than many shows of its ilk but as stated the book is a mess. The songs are pretty weak but have the odd nice moment. As stated earlier they never quite take off.

thoughts on
 Aug 23 2013, 01:59:34 PM
I read this with great interest. Thank you to ART for such a detailed and interesting post.

My one question - if you remove anonymity do you not rob some users of their escape? There are all sorts of people who use internet message boards but the stereotype is there for a reason because some, not all of course, might be the sort of folk who struggle socially in real life. Or not even struggle, perhaps they just feel they have little to say.

Assuming an identity online is surel

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You