News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DefyingGravity2

DefyingGravity2 Profile Photo
Member Name: DefyingGravity2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://livejournal.com/viciouslimelite
Profile: 'Musical Theater' the two greatest words in the english language, other than 'multiple orgasm' and 'open bar'
--Nathan Lane

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Never Thought I'd Ask This...(Audition Questions)
 May 22 2005, 06:56:12 PM
Hey! That was very gutsy to put yourself out here. I would have to agree w/ everything that DD said. Toally. When your 14, you need to start small, you have not had a great deal of training and therefore, need to work your way up to songs like Defying Gravity. Anothersuggestion would be something more age appropriate too. Not to say that DG isn't age appropriate, but b/c your 14 you might want to choose something younger: As TERRIBLE as this is to hear you should start w/ the very very
Gypsy monologue??
 Sep 18 2004, 02:07:33 PM
Hey hey!! I need some serious help! I have an audition and i'm dying to use the final monologue that Louise says to Mama at the end of the show that begins "I said turn it off!" I don't have the whole thing and I would LOVE it if someone could PM it to me or post it here. thanks so much!!!!
re: GRANOLA! the Musical FRINGE
 Sep 9 2004, 07:43:35 AM
Do you have questions about it, or do you want a review kinda thing?
a bare concert question
 Sep 1 2004, 03:38:38 PM
Hey. i'm sorry if this is off the topic, or if this question has already been asked... but its hard to sort through 92 pages of posts. I was at the BARE encore performance... the final one, and i am trying to find the name of the ..erg, Alanis? song that Lindsay Scott sang. I figure this is the right group to ask.... b/c i don't belong to the Alanis message board.. so... thank you!!!

xo.
j

re: highest notes
 Aug 30 2004, 06:50:54 PM
Yeah i'm pretty sure that in Glitter and Be Gay its F6..... no matter who sings it i'm pretty sure thats how its written :)
re: Jennifer Laura Thompson as Glinda
 Jul 18 2004, 02:14:35 AM
She is so fantastical!!! I love her so much and i can't freakin wait!
re: ?? Best Ballad/Star-Making Song ??
 Jul 15 2004, 01:01:06 AM
"Male: Hunter Foster-Suddenly Seymore" I would have said Hunter Foster, RUN FREEDOM RUN even though he wasn't nominated it was such a huge step for him (esp. w/ IT being the tony perf) i think it really gave him a name.

re: Lyrics You Love
 Jul 14 2004, 02:04:26 AM
Some of my favorite lyrics are from L5Y as well:

"Will you share your life with me forever, til the world explodes! Til there's no one left who has ever known us apart."

it is so perfect. so beautiful. i can't deal with it. it makes so much sense is just.. uh.. i'm gettin emotional thinkin about it....

SO GOOD.

re: Who do u want to see in CHICAGO?
 Jul 13 2004, 04:51:55 PM
Roxie: Toni Colette
Velma: Julia Murney

or
Roxie: Lauren Kennedy
Velma: Toni Colette

to hear them sing that together would be like HEAVEN. HEAVEN I SAY!

Billy: Marc Kudish

i'd be into that. or any combination of that.

re: A mix tape......he went and made a mix tape
 Jul 12 2004, 12:44:47 AM
does anyone know if the song she is listening to is a real song? i've always wondered that... if so, what show is it?
re: A New Role game
 Jul 12 2004, 12:44:01 AM
Hairspray- Penny
Wicked- Glinda
Avenue Q- Kate Monster
Beauty and the Beast- Belle
Thoroughly Modern Millie - Ms. Dorothy
Chicago - Cell Block Girl maybe Roxy
Damn Yankees - Gloria/Lola
Rent - Maureen
The Producers - Ulla
Little Shop of Horrors - Audrey
Wonderful Town - Eileen
Gypsy- Louise
Les Miz - Cosette
Anything Goes - Hope
42nd Street - Peggy
Assassins - Squeaky Frome

yay.

re: MY NAME IS BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE MUD! ADVICE NEEDED...
 Jul 6 2004, 05:43:18 PM
I have to agree with sean, you must document everything! the more you have documented the more credibility you have and you are put at a better advantage.. (i hope that made sense...)

good luck with everything. i hope you get everything worked out!

re: Waiting for Guffman
 Jul 5 2004, 04:28:56 PM
i don't know... it is my all time favorite movie.... but i don't know if you could re-create it.... i suppose.... i don't kow.. i just love it though!
re: Caberet
 Jul 5 2004, 01:11:37 PM
Cabaret is incredible. but yes, i would understand him looking different. hahah
weDDING EMERGENcY!!!
 Jul 2 2004, 09:54:54 PM
Hey-- my best friend (a huge musical theater fan) is getting married tomorrow,I am the maid of honor and am wondering if you have any good marriage/love quotes that you couldsuggest for me to use in my toast? Short and sweet and lovely...thanks!!!
re: 'Phantom' Movie Trailer is OUT!!
 Jun 29 2004, 12:36:37 AM
its the same as the teaser! i wanted to see singing!! but i guess i'll wait...
re: Paolo Montalban
 Jun 27 2004, 07:44:30 PM
and he was one of people magazines most beautiful people? bachlors? in 1998.
re: Paolo Montalban
 Jun 26 2004, 05:23:01 PM
He was the narrator (one of the 2 male leads in MY view) in K.I.C. and was great!
re: Unheard scores...
 Jun 22 2004, 10:56:36 AM
I'm still gonna have to be true to CARRIE. Though many have now heard it, it is generally an unheard score. ALso, i think the show was called "Queen of Hearts" i can't remember the name, but the music was beautiful (score by S. Schwartz) and hada agreat song called "Close upon the hour"
re: HELP PUT TOGETHER BARE'S BACK!!!
 Jun 16 2004, 05:01:36 PM
Your gonna love tomorrow/love will see us through
by ANY of the 4 of them!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You