News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whowhatwhenwhere97

whowhatwhenwhere97 Profile Photo
Member Name: whowhatwhenwhere97
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phantom to change to
 Mar 9 2021, 10:45:07 PM

DrewJoseph said: "https://64.media.tumblr.com/5431bfc678f75ae957e1d6c1ddeef528/46e36e340c84d7fa-cb/s1280x1920/f4a48cfcc28135f3a573f47b96ff90d4871e67d6.jpg

Get ready for this...
"

The reason the newest UK tour (that photo) started with the re-staged US tour chandelier is because there were problems with the one they had made for the tour. They were using the US chandelier temporarily until the actual chandelier was ready.

In terms of the lack of angel on the current world tour, it is for logistical reasons. The way the new world tour's proscenium and chandelier are designed is to eliminate front of house rigging which allows it to play a larger number of venues. So, instead of the chandelier being rigged out in the house, the entire mechanism is housed in the pros. That is why there isn't an angel on that tour either because the space where it usually is is taken up by the chandelier mechanics.

Yes, ultimately its not the "brilliant original" which is a problem of false advertising. But it does have its reasons in making the show more adaptable for touring in the current age. I do think if these things were put into the London/NY productions it would hopefully be for structural reasons and not for cost cutting...

Lion King Tour Update?
 Apr 16 2018, 12:51:53 AM

bowtie7 said: "Link to video of the finale from the original national tour with pride rock tracking on stage but with the raked stage deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY5NaBNuDTs

Can anyone confirm that a part of the stage deck no longer raises for the raked effect?
"

The video in that link is from the Australian production in 2013-16, which still utilised the raked stage. The tours haven't used a raked stage since the mid to late 2000's as was too complicated to load in and maintain. The tour has been a completely flat stage for quite some time, even before they reduced to just a single tour from the double tour format. I believe It was around the time that they also cut the flying sequence in "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" and morning report.

Aladdin 2017 Tour
 Jan 18 2017, 11:24:04 PM

EvanK said: " ^ do you know what's different on tour in Australia? "

The Australian production I believe is similar to the Japanese and German production with no traps used in the show. This from what I can tell only changes major elements in "Friend like me" and the finale when Jafar disappears.

In "Friend like me" the genie elevator is built into the middle left hand tower and shoots up rather quickly with some pyrot

Mamma Mia! at the Broadhurst
 Nov 5 2013, 01:01:07 AM
The Taverna Walls are sill automated and are the original shape. But they stay onstage the full performance now, instead of tracking offstage.
MAMMA MIA! is Moving! Show to Transfer to Broadway's Broadhurst Theatre in Late 2013
 Apr 20 2013, 05:00:36 AM
Well, when they transferred the west end production to a new house last year they changed to to new "block" style sets used on the recent US tour incarnation. They also didn't have the lift.
Priscilla uk tour- what a joke!
 Apr 19 2013, 02:50:08 AM
Even Nick Adams didn't know what to say.

He posted a photo on his Instagram of the bus with the captions "?" And "#uktour"

Apr 19 2013, 12:24:14 AM
There isn't one! It's is a ladder with a seat, supposedly. Like a lifeguard seat.

Apr 19 2013, 12:11:15 AM
At least the states has an actual bus!!

What the hell is this?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You