News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for J LA

Member Name: J LA
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jesus Christ Superstar  Jun 14 2007, 07:24:34 PM
PBENT, I agree, Carter's role with the Aliens is public no question. However, the post by Tinkerbell was strickly regarding his performance in JCS. What was the purpose of your link to the Oxford story? You could have simply expressed your opinion whatever it was and left it at that.
It seems like every thread that involves Glenn Carter has to turn nasty....I believer Tinkerbell even requested that people who like him should post. Apparently no one likes to follow directions.

re: Jesus Christ Superstar  Jun 14 2007, 01:36:28 PM
Does that 99 in your name refer to the year you were born, Americanboy?
re: Jesus Christ Superstar  Jun 14 2007, 01:27:54 PM
Hi Tinkerbell! I love Glenn Carter! I started posting on this site with a very similiar message and I got the same response. He's gorgeous and talented. The 2000 London Revival DVD is one of my favs...the whole cast was fantastic. I have no idea why the people on this board are so nasty towards him. PBENT will always bring up his personal life (which is irrelevant to his career). Do a search on the West End site and you'll get a ton of posts. He definitely has a big fan base in his home country.
re: It's a Boy Mrs. Walker, IT'S A BOY!  Jan 18 2005, 11:28:37 AM
Ann-Margaret was nominated for an Oscar for that? OMG! Maybe the nominating committee had taken drugs (really good drugs) before seeing it. Or maybe 1975 was a really bad year for movies:)
re: It's a Boy Mrs. Walker, IT'S A BOY!  Jan 17 2005, 09:25:28 PM
I love the original album and any live album (Join Together 1989 tour is excellent) of "Tommy". The Broadway cast recording is very good, but it's not rock. The movie was weird but worth seeing if you like The Who, Elton John and Eric Clapton.
re: Britney Spears' quote  Jan 1 2005, 10:28:56 PM
Oh Please just kill me now! Broadway and the West End are known for being the golden ring for theater performers and audience members.....she would ruin that for all us. I'm speaking as an audience member not a performer. I expect a certain level of talent (and usually get it). She should start real small...like her garage!!!
Glenn Carter  Sep 16 2004, 09:00:13 PM
Mister Matt, when was that? I didn't even know Peggy Sue Got Married was made into a play!I enjoyed the movie with Kathleen Turner all those years ago. Glenn is knocking them dead on the UK tour of JCS. Oh well, I won't get to see him this time either!
re: DEEP DARK SECRET  Sep 8 2004, 09:47:08 PM
I'm with you Guido! I listen to the Glenn Carter/Jerome Pradon JCS. I even made of copy of the CD so I can have one in my car and one in my office! The most critism I've gotten about that recording is right here on this very board:)
To PB Ent  Aug 26 2004, 12:29:03 PM
Please check WestEnd board for message from me!
J LA

re: Jesus Christ Superstar  Aug 22 2004, 10:29:58 PM
Seany, hate is such a strong word! Why do you hate Jerome Pradon anyway?
The Future of Theater is Bleak  Jul 9 2004, 12:26:00 PM
I love Val Kilmer! I agree, his projects after Batman Forever were terrible. This is the guy who was Doc Holiday in Tombstone, Thunderheart, Kill Me Again and of course his awesome portrayel of Jim Morrison in the Doors. I just watched Spartan and again he was wonderful. Do you think Moses would wear black leather? I'd definitely follow him then!
re: re: Glenn Carter  Jul 7 2004, 06:13:34 PM
Jimmcf,I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks Glenn Carter is talented. He found a different calling, but is still acting. He just finished Whistle Down the Wind in England and will be on tour in America with As You Like It.
Most people on this board don't like him at all. He's handsome and talented!

re: battle of two jesus-who do you prefer?  Jan 26 2004, 07:45:41 PM
I love it! Keep working on it, I'm sure someone will produce it:)
Battle of Two Jesus-Who do you prefer?  Jan 25 2004, 10:26:08 PM
Hi everyone,
My sister and I are having a "discussion" on which Jesus of JCS is better-Glenn Carter in the New Stage Production Soundtrack CD-(2000) or Steve Balsamo from Highlights from JCS CD (1996). Since the people on this board seem so "up" on the latest and greatest, we'd like you to help us out! Thanks!

re: re: re: Jesus Christ: Superstar  Jan 19 2004, 06:55:29 PM
I've never seen JCS on stage, but I love the DVD with Glenn Carter. His version of Gethsemane is the best I've heard (I've heard many versions. It's amazing how many productions of this show are still going on.
re: re: re: re: West End Theatre World  Jan 7 2004, 04:16:18 PM
I enjoy that website as much as this one. It definitely is not as active.
re: re: Favorite Broadway Cast Recording  Jan 3 2004, 03:32:02 PM
I haven't heard too many recordings, but I love the "New Stage Production of Jesus Christ Superstar" 2000. Glenn Carter is Jesus and I love his voice (he's not too hard on the eyes either)
Then it would have to be "Tommy" since I love the Who.
J La

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You