News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CenterStage3

CenterStage3 Profile Photo
Member Name: CenterStage3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Oct 27 2006, 09:13:13 AM
Whenever a child (whose parents aren't affiliated with the theatre) gets the lead role, it is double cast with a child whose parents are. Also, when the publicity shots go out, the affiliated parents child, always gets published, even if they don't open the show.
re: The Wizard of Oz movie
 Oct 26 2006, 12:52:12 AM
My daughter (12) is currently in rehearsals and will be playing Dorothy in a local production. She recently finished a year and a half run in midtown Manhattan, and grew tremendously as a performer, because she was surrounded with a cast of very talented actors. She is very excited to be playing Dorothy. Also, they will be performing the jitterbug scene.
re: Child actors on Broadway
 Jul 25 2006, 12:35:00 AM
It's late and also a long thread. I hope These weren't mentioned previously:
"Color Purple"
"Hot Feet"
"Grey Gardens"
"Woman in White": The "Corn Dolly Girl" was an adult cast as child on Broadway, but on the West End was played by 10 to 13 year olds.
"Festen"

re: What happened to Broadway's teenagers?
 Jun 3 2006, 12:31:45 AM
The Woman in White had a 13 year old girl playing the Corn Dolly Girl part but when it transferred to Broadway they cast an adult. The West End shows seem to stay true to the actual ages when casting children.
re: random star spotting
 Jun 2 2006, 12:41:59 AM
At 7:15 this evening, as we were having pizza across from the Tarzan stage door, I spotted Jonathan Pryce walking from Dean and DeLuca's into the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels stage door.
Soon after that Tony Roberts walked past us.

re: Musical Premiere Info
 May 26 2006, 01:12:30 AM
Many Thanks.

After someone was kind enough to PM me the correct spelling "3hree" I did a search. See Below:

3HREE
Prince Music Theater Presents
The World Premiere of three new one-act musicals
Prince Music Theater, Chestnut at Broad Street (1412 Chestnut Street), Philadelphia, PA
Through November 19, 2000
www.princemusictheater.org Box Office: (215) 569-9700
Reviewed by Claudia Perry
Prince Music Theater presents the world premiere of "3hree", an e

re: Musical Premiere Info
 May 25 2006, 09:06:50 PM
I'll try the Pennsylvania board.
Musical Premiere Info
 May 25 2006, 08:15:42 PM
I'm searching for information about a musical called "Three".
I'm not certain, but I believe it premiered in Philadelphia, within the past few years.
You can imagine my frustration doing a search for "Three".

Is there a website devoted to World Premiere musicals?

re: B.F.A. in Musical Theatre
 May 22 2006, 01:17:01 AM
The University of the Arts in Philadelphia has been gaining popularity lately.
Last week they had their graduation ceremony with William Hurt as their quest speaker. His son was in this years graduating class.

re: Some more Mary Poppins casting news
 May 22 2006, 01:06:30 AM
If Henry is as bad as many of you say, it's difficult for me to believe he got past Jim Carnahan and Tara Rubin with very little acting skills.
re: Some more Mary Poppins casting news
 May 20 2006, 06:13:03 PM
"I can't believe a Parent would print something like that in a child's resume before a contract is signed."

I would quess that the Annie producers don't mind at all.

re: HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY 'GODSPELL!'
 May 19 2006, 01:46:19 AM
Godspell is currently playing at The Walnut Street Theatre in Phila.
Bruce Lumpkin is directing.

http://www.wstonline.org/index.shtml

re: Today's Birthdays 5/18
 May 19 2006, 01:39:25 AM
Happy birthday to me.
re: Seussical at Bucks County
 May 9 2006, 09:26:55 AM
I also heard they were thinking about selling the place. I wish they would bring it back to the way it was years ago where they would attract pre broadway productions.
I have to say the Steven Casey is an excellent director. I have compared Steven's productions with regional higher budget productions and have found Steven's to be more entertaining.
He is a big fish in a small pond, and a very nice man.

re: random star spotting
 May 7 2006, 12:55:47 AM
Mickey Dolenz of the monkees strolling down 5th ave with a beautiful girl by his side.

Paul McCartney pushing his baby in a stroller down 53rd? He was heading into a Starbucks.

Ali McGraw on her cell phone rushing to make her 1/2 hr call time. (Broadway and 43rd)

Fabio with posse on 5th ave.

Eric Clapton walking down Samson Street in Philly.

re: Marry Poppins is....
 Apr 22 2006, 11:30:22 AM
I hear that the finals for Jane and Michael will be held in June. They have had a few rounds of callbacks. My daughter was advised not to audition until then. I also heard that they are seeing kids taller than the original height requirements for the role of Jane.
re: 1st Broadway Show ... 'Phantom' or 'Spamalot'
 Apr 14 2006, 01:33:05 AM
We took our daughter to see her first broadway show 2 years ago. I wanted it to be a magical experience for her, and it was.
We chose Phantom.

"Remember your first time"

re: Patty Raine-UArts
 Apr 3 2006, 02:49:58 PM
Thanks for the info IveGottaBeME.
Sounds like a no brainer.

Patty Raine-UArts
 Apr 3 2006, 01:06:35 PM
Patty Raine is a Musical Theatre Vocal Director at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. Has anyone here had the pleasure of taking lessons with her?
I did a search and found a post that stated she was a vocal coach to Sutton Foster. Is this accurate?

New to the board
 Mar 31 2006, 09:56:07 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You